Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Because Karlsson will probably be traded this summer and can pick his spot, and he just so happens to be in love with the city of Ottawa.

Melnyk and Dorion are also gone and his adoptive hockey dad is going to be back. The team needs a RD and EV strength driver.

All leads to pretty good odds that there will be interest on both sides.

Why do you think it's unlikely?
Because I know Ottawa isn't a priority. He wants to win. You keep talking like this is a fact and its a perfect example of all your content. Factually incorrect with an inexplicable confidence.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wonder what a Chychrun trade looks like? Whatever it is - I hope they lotto protect our 1st.

Well the sticking point in the summer was that they wanted Pinto, undoubtedly along with our 1st round pick and maybe another asset given their reported asking price. Don't think Dorion will change his mind about putting Pinto on the table. Do they trade Greig? I doubt it.

Unless they've lowered their ask and are prepared to accept the Sens' 2023 1st as the best piece in the deal, with a prospect like Kleven or Sogaard as the big secondary piece, I don't know what kind of deal can be made. Sens aren't going to put both the 2023 1st and 2024 1st on the table after trading the 2022 1st away for DeBrincat and wasting their 2021 1st on Boucher.

If there's a centerpiece the Yotes would accept other than Pinto/Greig, I could see it being Sogaard. They have no good goalie prospects and maybe they think he could be their #1 goalie in the future. Problem is that I could see the Sens also thinking that, but maybe with Merilainen's great play this year and if Vejmelka came back in the deal they'd put him on the table.

If a deal gets done I could see it being something like Sogaard, 2023 1st, 2024 2nd + a couple C prospects for Chychrun and Vejmelka.

• Wow
Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Because I know Ottawa isn't a priority. He wants to win. You keep talking like this is a fact and its a perfect example of all your content. Factually incorrect with an inexplicable confidence.

no shit he wants to win and Ottawa is priming to be a winner very soon, as soon as next season especially with the RD spot filled.

you think Giroux signed here because he doesn't want to win and instead rebuild for 3 years? bizarre. Karlsson will see the same thing Giroux saw.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Tkachuk - Stützle - Greig
Debrincat - Norris - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - Batherson
Kelly - Kastelic - Gauthier

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Brännström

Sogaard
Forsberg

If Parayko were 3 years younger, Klevin 3 years older, Formenton signed for under $2 million, while also bridging Pinto at $2 million, with The Cat re-upping at $8.3 million I believe this would be be pretty much our optimal team.

I would love to see that team in the playoffs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
no shit he wants to win and Ottawa is priming to be a winner very soon, as soon as next season especially with the RD spot filled.

you think Giroux signed here because he doesn't want to win and instead rebuild for 3 years? bizarre. Karlsson will see the same thing Giroux saw.
You seem confused. You're suggesting Karlsson randoms the Sharks to play with the sens.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Well the sticking point in the summer was that they wanted Pinto, undoubtedly along with our 1st round pick and maybe another asset given their reported asking price. Don't think Dorion will change his mind about putting Pinto on the table. Do they trade Greig? I doubt it.

Unless they've lowered their ask and are prepared to accept the Sens' 2023 1st as the best piece in the deal, with a prospect like Kleven or Sogaard as the big secondary piece, I don't know what kind of deal can be made. Sens aren't going to put both the 2023 1st and 2024 1st on the table after trading the 2022 1st away for DeBrincat and wasting their 2021 1st on Boucher.

If there's a centerpiece the Yotes would accept other than Pinto/Greig, I could see it being Sogaard. They have no good goalie prospects and maybe they think he could be their #1 goalie in the future. Problem is that I could see the Sens also thinking that, but maybe with Merilainen's great play this year and if Vejmelka came back in the deal they'd put him on the table.

If a deal gets done I could see it being something like Sogaard, 2023 1st, 2024 2nd + a couple C prospects for Chychrun and Vejmelka.

The reality is the Coyotes have to lower their ask, unless they're happy keeping Chychrun for the next couple of seasons until he walks as a UFA.

The value of a player is dictated by what the market is willing to pay, not by what Bill Armstrong wants it to pay. And we're nearing 2 years time of the market telling Bill Armstrong that he's completely out to lunch.

This summer, Chychrun will be in the exact same situation that Debrincat was in last summer, except Debrincat had a much, much better track record (two 41 goal seasons + a 50 goal pace during the COVID year).

He returned a 1st (albeit a very high first), 2nd and 3rd. Chychrun is getting less than that at the draft.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
You seem confused. You're suggesting Karlsson randoms the Sharks to play with the sens.

if you mean demand. yes karlsson can basically demand the sharks to trade him to Ottawa and reject other teams. And Ottawa is probably the highest on his list given that he considers it home and didn't want to leave in the first place.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The reality is the Coyotes have to lower their ask, unless they're happy keeping Chychrun for the next couple of seasons until he walks as a UFA.

The value of a player is dictated by what the market is willing to pay, not by what Bill Armstrong wants it to pay. And we're nearing 2 years time of the market telling Bill Armstrong that he's completely out to lunch.

This summer, Chychrun will be in the exact same situation that Debrincat was in last summer, except Debrincat had a much, much better track record (two 41 goal seasons + a 50 goal pace during the COVID year).

He returned a 1st (albeit a very high first), 2nd and 3rd. Chychrun is getting less than that at the draft.

I think the Yotes know the most interested team to date has been the Blue Jackets, and I don't see that changing after they trade Gavrikov.

But Chychrun to Columbus may make more sense in the summer versus now. Last thing the Blue Jackets want to do is improve their team now when they are trying to tank and lose out on Bedard or one of the other top centers this year.

Chychrun obviously wouldn't be happy but he doesn't have a NTC and can pound sand.

Reactions: guyzeur

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I think the Yotes know the most interested team to date has been the Blue Jackets, and I don't see that changing after they trade Gavrikov.

But Chychrun to Columbus may make more sense in the summer versus now. Last thing the Blue Jackets want to do is improve their team and lose out on Bedard or one of the other top centers this year.

Chychrun obviously wouldn't be happy but he doesn't have a NTC and can pound sand.

How confident are the BlueJackets in re-signing Chychrun? Because he's spent the first 7 years of his career losing in Arizona. I doubt he'd be eager to extend in Columbus.

That doesn't mean they won't trade for him, but they most likely won't pay Armstrong's reported exorbitant price. They'll pay less than we paid for Debrincat, who was in the same situation but a significantly more accomplished player (and we also knew it could be just 1.5 years).

They're certainly not trading their 2023 1st. Maybe if it landed in the 7-10 spot, like ours did last year. But they'll be in the top 5.

So I just don't really get what Armstrong is waiting for. If he's holding out for 2023 and 2024 1sts, he's not getting those from Columbus.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chychrun has more upside than Ekholm, so I reckon the price will be similar. Really hope we pass on him unless Armstrong chills out on the ask.

They can have a 1st for next year and prospects like Boucher, Thomson, etc... but it isn't worth it for us to trade Pinto, Grieg or this year's first.

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
How confident are the BlueJackets in re-signing Chychrun? Because he's spent the first 7 years of his career losing in Arizona. I doubt he'd be eager to extend in Columbus.

That doesn't mean they won't trade for him, but they most likely won't pay Armstrong's reported exorbitant price. They'll pay less than we paid for Debrincat, who was in the same situation but a significantly more accomplished player (and we also knew it could be just 1.5 years).

They're certainly not trading their 2023 1st. Maybe if it landed in the 7-10 spot, like ours did last year. But they'll be in the top 5.

So I just don't really get what Armstrong is waiting for. If he's holding out for 2023 and 2024 1sts, he's not getting those from Columbus.

I would guess Columbus wants to right the ship quickly after this disaster of a year having already signed Gaudreau and Gudbranson to those bloated contracts.

He's not getting either 1st in 2023 or 2024 belonging to Columbus, but if Gavrikov and Korpisalo get traded to LA for a 1st+ they could use that pick + one of their recent 1st round picks (Sillinger/Ceulemans/Matveychuk) as the two 1sts that he is looking for.

I think if he has confidence he has a deal like that in his back pocket he won't deal Chychrun at this deadline for less to a team that doesn't want him as badly.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If he wants to win, this is the team and time to go for it with a young core and new management and owners. We're close to contending, so why the F not?

Personally I'd pass on him and his contract, but that's neither here nor there.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If he wants to win, this is the team and time to go for it with a young core and new management and owners. We're close to contending, so why the F not?

Personally I'd pass on him and his contract, but that's neither here nor there.
He isn't boycotting other teams to play for the sens that's the conversation. That's what the other poster is saying.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He isn't boycotting other teams to play for the sens that's the conversation. That's what the other poster is saying.
Oh, ok. I don't really know enough about if he actually would want to come back here, but I missed that part of the convo.

Reactions: bert

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Great deal for LA.. so they are out on Chychrun I assume..

It seems a little too quiet on the Sens front, which makes me think something is up

Reactions: NB613

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Gotta figure, Detroit would probably pay a hefty price for Watson. They're in a playoff race and seem like they could use some toughness and PKing.

😉

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

We can’t afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad