Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dorion’s been looking for a top-4 RD for 3 seasons, wouldn’t be shocked in the least if he’s not able to pull it off this year again :laugh: We’ll see

Wouldn’t mind Jensen if we can sign him to a 1-2 year extension. Give the new GM some time to find a longer term answer
It's a tough spot to be in for Dorion. When you look at the deals for top-4 defensemen the currency is clearly 1st round picks; they can be a few years in the future but it has to be 1sts. Teams aren't interested in guys that are 22/23 and at the end of their waiver exemption like Thomson and Bernard-Docker. Either he puts some 1sts on the table or he won't acquire anything substantial.

I don't think a 1 year extension is realistic for a guy like Jensen. He would get 4 years on the open market no problem.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Not from my usual source but Jordan Greenway might be of interest to Ottawa.
would be a good formenton replacement. Wondered in an earlier thread if in the summer Formenton could be traded for him

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
eh that doesn't really show that Nashville is good at tading guys before their decline. Ellis was struggling with injury before he was dealt. Its a risk that Philly took on.

Ekholm has been consistent in playing fairly injury free. Is he past his prime? yes so he won't ever be as good as he was at 28 but he is still a very good player who can play on a top pairing
That’s what I said - they may get some good hockey out of Ekholm this season. But there are 3 more years left after this one. I’d be surprised if that contract aged well.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
That’s what I said - they may get some good hockey out of Ekholm this season. But there are 3 more years left after this one. I’d be surprised if that contract aged well.
He has more years left in him. He has been good this year ie top pairing good

Nashville is just rebooting their roster

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He has more years left in him. He has been good this year ie top pairing good

Nashville is just rebooting their roster
I disagree if that’s what you’re saying then.

Cracks have been forming in his game, he was never fleet of foot but that’s going to be getting worse and on top of that, he is going into a chaotic mess of an Oilers defence.

We’ll see. I would hedge my bets on EDM regretting this trade after next season.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Not from my usual source but Jordan Greenway might be of interest to Ottawa.
Ugh.

I disagree if that’s what you’re saying then.

Cracks have been forming in his game, he was never fleet of foot but that’s going to be getting worse and on top of that, he is going into a chaotic mess of an Oilers defence.

We’ll see. I would hedge my bets on EDM regretting this trade after next season.
Perfect add for the playoffs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

UFA Supposed to be healthy for the playoffs. Wild currently 3rd in the Central Jets 1 pt behind

'

Last edited:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
We win tonight and we get the pleasure of facing off against the new NYR Thursday. It’s going to be… something.

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Pierre should sit this one out, trade out whatever expiring deals he can and if he can pull off a move for a defender on a multi year deal - then do it. But don‘t take unnessesary risks just so you might save you job at the detriment of the teams future.
+1

Unless Jensen/Dumba, whomever we acquire (assuming they are going to be ufa) has an extension in place, there's no point to make a big move to try and salvage the season. Unless of course we give up nothing for them and expect them to leave (or if we give up our spare parts like Holden and Watson for a rental).

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I never understood why Min would want to trade Greenway, sure he’s having a down year but he has all the tools to be a Formenton like player

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad