Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
These deals are great. NHL needs more of this type of activity. Love to see it.

And now that the top contenders are loading up and the number of buyers is going down, maybe we can swoop in at the end of the week to add a guy like Jensen or van Riemsdyk at a reasonable cost (if we win tonight).

Reactions: swiftwin

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Technically but Schaefer has been a major disappointment this year.

Barely PPG as a 19YR old and only has 10 goals and 31 points in his last 34 games after a hot start.

Schaefer has about the value of Tyler Boucher, I'd say.

I think they're both safe bets to carve out NHL roles, but as the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th forward.

Nashville will hope he turns into a similar player to Jeannot.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Damn, I figured Edmonton would move Bouchard or Broberg before Barrie (seems to be liked in the locker room).

Preds will be able to flip Barrie for something as well

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'd have paid a 3rd for Engvall.

I would have paid a 3rd for Engvall and another one for Schenn.

Tkacuk - Stutzle - Giroux
DeBrincat - Pinto - Batherson
Engvall - Brassard - Joseph
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson

Chabot - Schenn
Brannstrom - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic

* Sanderson would still get the 3rd highest TOI/GP on the team, don't see it as "3rd pairing so he must suck"

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Ekholm probably sets a decent framework for what a Parayko deal will look like, although the term on the latter's contract is riskier.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Yep, wouldn't surprise me and the stakes are really high now after all these trades.

Honestly I think Dubas bought himself cover. If he had stood pat and they lost, the conversation in Toronto would have been that he didn't go all in, didn't acquire toughness, etc.

But he did all that.

So now if they lose, the heat won't be on Dubas. It'll be on Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares.

The sentiment amongst all of my Leafs fan family/friends is that he's done his job to help them with these moves. Now it's up to them.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Maybe Dorion gets a good deal on Tyson Barrie after that trade. Money is close to Zaitsev's
How would that help? He's a wreck defensively and 60% of his offense in Edmonton came on the PP. We're not going to bump Chabot off the top unit to accommodate this guy.

This would be a disaster.

Reactions: Senscore

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The only adds that I’d be okay with are Chychrun or Jensen

If we could get Jensen for Thomson straight up I’d pull the trigger. I don’t see Thomson and JBD both on the roster next year and both require waivers.

Reactions: bicboi64

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
By all reports they're looking for someone with term. They're buying for next year as much as this year.
Really?

I have seen the names of Dumba, Klingberg, Jensen linked to the Sens. all guys that are UFA at seasons end.

In the off-season yeah, I understand why they’d be after them in F/A but at the deadline? Seems silly.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Really?

I have seen the names of Dumba, Klingberg, Jensen linked to the Sens. all guys that are UFA at seasons end.

In the off-season yeah, I understand why they’d be after them in F/A but at the deadline? Seems silly.
The Sens have to jump the market if they want to acquire this sort of player. Klingberg told them to f*** off last summer, and I don't see much reason to believe it would be any different with the likes of Dumba, Jensen or Severson.

...but if you get them in here ahead of time you have a shot at keeping them. That's just the reality of this market.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
thats a really good price for Ekholm.....another defensemen gone

they also toss Barrie back. Wonder if we could have had Z in the deal and kept the 2nd

Reactions: NB613

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
They should pay us if they want us to take that contract.
I don't think they'll have much trouble moving him, unless he gets extremely picky with his NTC.

He's still a pretty decent player at a position of need for many teams. Lots of GM's don't give a shit about what happens a few years down the road as you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad