Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
That trade could bite the leafs but they are trying to win now and that 1st is likely gonna be used for something

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Dubas is elite. Added a ton of hardness [McCabe, Lafferty, Schenn, Acciari, O'Reilly], dumped the softness [Engvall, Sandin] and recouped some draft capital in the process.
Well let's see how elite their goaltending is before getting too excited.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Because that's the only place Kane wanted to go. He's arguably the best player in their franchise's history, they probably gave the player what he wanted.

I know how and why it happened, but that still gives a very big advantage to "choice" destinations like NYC who get to add great talent for much, much less than teams like Ottawa or Winnipeg would have to give up. Isn't it enough that UFAs always seem to end up in the same spots that we now have unfair trades like these too?

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Why do you keep saying this lol .

Because Karlsson will probably be traded this summer and can pick his spot, and he just so happens to be in love with the city of Ottawa.

Melnyk and Dorion are also gone and his adoptive hockey dad is going to be back. The team needs a RD and EV strength driver.

All leads to pretty good odds that there will be interest on both sides.

Why do you think it's unlikely?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
They still need someone to play second fiddle to Samsonov, or ideally, improve on him.

Surely, they aren't stupid enough to bank on Murray being available.
They just need Murray as backup for the playoffs

They have Woll as their up and coming and a good 3 who can move up

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
I know how and why it happened, but that still gives a very big advantage to "choice" destinations like NYC who get to add great talent for much, much less than teams like Ottawa or Winnipeg would have to give up. Isn't it enough that UFAs always seem to end up in the same spots that we now have unfair trades like these too?
Well I mean both teams agreed to the trade. Unless you want the players to not have agency, they have the right to choose where they want to go which is fair.

Ottawa will become more attractive as the team gets better and once there's a new owner. Obviously very few markets are as enticing as a good team in NYC.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Korpisalo scratched

Could see him coming to Ottawa as Talbot's replacement

Been very solid and only has a year left. One of the best goalies available for low dollar. Definitely see him getting moved to a team that wants to make a push rather than us. Edmonton or even Toronto could make sense.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They just need Murray as backup for the playoffs

They have Woll as their up and coming and a good 3 who can move up
Murray can't even be a backup. He's a gauranteed to be injured bum.

If I were them, I'd be shoring that up for sure and discounting the idea that Murray can contribute anything to their cause. Upgrading on Samsonov would be a bonus, but at least a good backup that might be able to step in if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad