Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Seriously, we're going right back to how things used to be before the cap was implemented. Like, how the f*** do the Rangers get Kane for basically nothing?

That is what happens when a player has a nmc and will only waive for one team. Maybe the league should look into getting rid of the nmc, but the nhlpa probably would fight against it.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Long memories in this provincial rivalry.

Also, why would anyone here want the hate to wear off? Anyone here have the laffs as their second team?
Yeah it’s super weird, but to each their own. Montreal and Toronto are the best rivalry games to watch. I have friends that are fans of both teams and it really cranks up the excitement of watching a game together.

You gotta know that if we played the leafs again in the playoffs the previous losses would be be a huge talking point and razing point from fans…

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I cant believe they got that much for him. Sandin sucks. Small cant skate turns the puck over. Cant handle a heavy forcheck. Leafs are making some great moves. Identifying all their weaknesses.
Everytime they get into a jam someone bails them out. Ran out of firsts oh here’s a first for kapanen. Oh here’s a first for sandin. I have my theories.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
wtf Sandin for Gustafsson and a 1st?

That's horrible lol, i take back everything i said good about Dubas

In no way is that horrible. Sandin is mediocre so Dubas went and got more offense on D AND a 1st pick for a kid they probably had no future plans for.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
My favourite rivalry is Battle of Ontario. As a Sens fan who grew up in the GTA, the heat was always there and its fizzled away because when we were in the playoffs, TML sucked. Now TML is in the playoffs , we suck. As soon as we play them it'll be dope. Having said that, I have no issue giving credit to TML, much better managed than we are, but they also have the resources of MLSE and can afford to pay coaches $7million

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Well at least this should get the media once again convinced there's no way the Leafs could lose in round 1.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
In no way is that horrible. Sandin is mediocre so Dubas went and got more offense on D AND a 1st pick for a kid they probably had no future plans for.
22 year old young defensemen that is developing just fine. Sandin is trending upwards and will be better than McCabe.

Unless the Boston 1st is also being used in another deal to help right now, I see this as a loss. Gustafsson is one of the worst defenders in the league in his own end. Its not like he can score himself out of his shitty defensive play either.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Dubas being the sens fan he is, read this thread today and saw the Dorion vs Dubas poll and said f*** it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
22 year old young defensemen that is developing just fine. Sandin is trending upwards and will be better than McCabe.

Unless the Boston 1st is also being used in another deal to help right now, I see this as a loss. Gustafsson is one of the worst defenders in the league in his own end. Its not like he can score himself out of his shitty defensive play either.
Definitely not a bad trade from the Leafs POV

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
Seriously, we're going right back to how things used to be before the cap was implemented. Like, how the f*** do the Rangers get Kane for basically nothing?

Because that's the only place Kane wanted to go. He's arguably the best player in their franchise's history, they probably gave the player what he wanted.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dubas is elite. Added a ton of hardness [McCabe, Lafferty, Schenn, Acciari, O'Reilly], dumped the softness [Engvall, Sandin] and recouped some draft capital in the process.

Reactions: ThaShow

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dubas going off

making some solid deals to make the defense hard to play against

If we win tonight lets see what Dorion does

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yeah unfortunately a damn good deadline from Dubas this year

Going to be a very interesting series between them and Tampa

Reactions: NB613

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
My kids are 16, 18, 20 and have no clue about any Toronto/Ottawa hatred. They just find Toronto and Montreal fans annoying. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad