Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If I am taking a long term contract back, I would rather Parayko than Hayes. He at least addresses a need. Where is Hayes playing when Norris is back next year? Same with Pinto and Greig?
Why Hayes? That makes no sense

Reactions: scout20

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not much to report.
Think if something does get done, it will be on Friday when the prices could drop a little bit.

That being said, it sounds like Sens have a ton of options they could pull the trigger on.

Not surprised. You'd think we'd not only have to win tonight, but also beat the Rangers on Thursday to really force Dorion's hand in pulling off a significant trade. I'm sure this also very much depends on how teams like Pittsburgh, Florida and Buffalo fare over the next three days.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pretty solid deal from the Leafs there as well.

Sandin is a great add for Washington moving forward, he and Gus are probably not too different, so Leafs don’t lose in the short run, probably add a better immediate guy.

Leafs get an added 1st, and a solid bottom pair guy. Caps get a good young D.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The problem with getting a D now is locking ourselves in and not being able to go in a different direction if better options are available this summer. Getting a guy like Dumba would feel like a big letdown and lock us out of anything better.
Why would it lock us out?

Fearmongering For nothing. If something better comes along in the summer we can look to add it too, we aren’t locked into adding 1 D, and Dumba shouldn’t break the bank for us.

The fear would be more appropriately be that we don’t make a move now that makes us better now and going forward because we think that maybe something better in the future may come along.

You take the now, and worry about the maybe if/when it happens.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
That is a Dangerous, dangerous Rangers team.

Top to bottom, every position.

The East is a war zone, TB, Tor, NJ, Bos and Car. Probably 5 of the top teams in the league.

Imagine Rangers fans being told 3 years ago they’d have Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, Vladislav Tarasenko and Vincent Trocek added to their roster.

Go back another couple more years and tell the NYR fanbase that they also win the 2nd and 1st OV picks in 2019 and 2020 draft lotteries......

Thank God those 2 picks are looking bad, otherwise this would be one very f***ing unfair looking situation for fans of other NHL teams....

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Someone commented that it's hypocritical to bash Dorion for lack of results while simultaneously thinking that Dubas is a good GM.

I don't agree because I think most of us would kill to be where the Leafs are right now relative to the last 5 years of our franchise.
Not even remotely, that makes no sense.

We have been bad for 5 years because the old core collapsed and we burned the thing down to the studs and are now on our way back up with a solid core that is signed long term with our window wide open ahead of us.

The leafs have been in the middle of their open window, losing in the first round over and over and over again.

No one would be happy with that who has a bit of a memory because we have been there and done that, and it sucked. It was literally the absolute worst.

I’d take our slow and stead rebuild of the last several years over a repeat of first round defeats when you’re supposed to be a cup champ every day of the week.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
If you watch Hayes, he’s lazy. I wouldn’t want him.

I would think management believes leaving Philly (and Torts) might help him.

Weirdest part, it would be odd seeing Brady as the literal little cousin.

If I am taking a long term contract back, I would rather Parayko than Hayes. He at least addresses a need. Where is Hayes playing when Norris is back next year? Same with Pinto and Greig?

I have a sneaking suspicion we’re going to move Norris to the wing and/or trade a winger/center.

I’d rather die than have the Sens trade for Parayko. Like if I stop posting in a few days you’ll know why that’s how serious I am. The risk is way to great.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What would scare me is the fact Washington didn't even qualify him based on his playoff performances. He looks better than Murray/Cambell/Anderssen/Toskala/etc... As a leaf hater I'm getting a little worried.
Yeah I mean they were signing a different goalie. I just think teams in general give up on these goalies way too early. It takes them a while. Sens have done it with multiple. Never seem to learn their lesson.

Reactions: DrEasy and GCK

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why would it lock us out?

Fearmongering For nothing. If something better comes along in the summer we can look to add it too, we aren’t locked into adding 1 D, and Dumba shouldn’t break the bank for us.

The fear would be more appropriately be that we don’t make a move now that makes us better now and going forward because we think that maybe something better in the future may come along.

You take the now, and worry about the maybe if/when it happens.
Well, he won't be overly cheap either. ~4-5 mil I would bet. Financially, we have room for one D addition at that kind of cost if we're keeping DBC, and we're lucky to fit that one in while probably scrimping on goaltending to do it, so I don't see it your way. What would be left for budget for said role unless DBC leaves? From what I'm seeing, diddly squat unfortunately and we have no dead weight to shed now that 22 is gone.

I also don't like what I've heard about Dumba this last month or two and hope we can do better. Feels like settling to me while simultaneously eating up the budget for that hole.

Have you looked at cap breakdowns for next year?

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Pretty solid deal from the Leafs there as well.

Sandin is a great add for Washington moving forward, he and Gus are probably not too different, so Leafs don’t lose in the short run, probably add a better immediate guy.

Leafs get an added 1st, and a solid bottom pair guy. Caps get a good young D.
Gustafson is either really good or an absolute train wreck. I’m obviously hoping he performs at his train wreck level in Toronto.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Might be likely but not as cofirmed as the Kane situation
Its 100 percent not whats happening. He keeps bringing it up like its a fact and I can confirm it is not. He wants to go somewhere where they have a legitimate chance of winning.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I would think management believes leaving Philly (and Torts) might help him.

Weirdest part, it would be odd seeing Brady as the literal little cousin.

I have a sneaking suspicion we’re going to move Norris to the wing and/or trade a winger/center.

I’d rather die than have the Sens trade for Parayko. Like if I stop posting in a few days you’ll know why that’s how serious I am. The risk is way to great.
Hope not , Hayes was bad before Philly, most were shocked with the signing and term and money.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Samdin I thought has played quite well for Toronto. Just not given the opportunity to move up the lineup.

Astute move by Washington.
I cant believe they got that much for him. Sandin sucks. Small cant skate turns the puck over. Cant handle a heavy forcheck. Leafs are making some great moves. Identifying all their weaknesses.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Not even remotely, that makes no sense.

We have been bad for 5 years because the old core collapsed and we burned the thing down to the studs and are now on our way back up with a solid core that is signed long term with our window wide open ahead of us.

The leafs have been in the middle of their open window, losing in the first round over and over and over again.

No one would be happy with that who has a bit of a memory because we have been there and done that, and it sucked. It was literally the absolute worst.

I’d take our slow and stead rebuild of the last several years over a repeat of first round defeats when you’re supposed to be a cup champ every day of the week.

The 2000s were not the worst from my perspective. Not even close.

Just a fundamentally different way of approaching this sport I guess. Those teams were f***ing awesome despite the lack of playoff success.

Why's that a solid trade? Soon to be 31yo one-dimensional offensive defenseman who was on a PTO to start the year in 2021 for a 23yo guy who's going to be a pretty good top 4D.

I don't like Gus very much but Sandin is kind of crappy.

Reactions: DrEasy and Ice-Tray

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I say this with all sincerity: if you need to talk to someone, go talk to someone to help sort out your headspace.

This is not a mentally healthy thing to say.

Otherwise, if you're saying it in jest or to be hyperbolic, super offside.

Reactions: bicboi64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad