Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Because it's a stupid question to ask in this thread dude.
hahaha i knew it

Sounds like STL could have negotiated a deal prior to asking for Parayko to waive his NTC. This could have been why we heard Ottawa's name come up last week

This seems like standard practice

see if there are any fits first then ask the player. You run the risk of alienating a player . ie Chychrun

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why would he waive for here?
Why not? Up and coming team, lots of talent, new buzz about ownership, strong core. I guess he could say no to anywhere, but I don't see the stigma in a player whose old team doesn't want him anymore poo pooing a trade to a new place just because the winters suck. No idea though, there's a part of me that hopes he does with that contract.

i guess no one is willing to answer the question

would you take Dubas as the Sens GM over Dorion?

I think that is telling
Is there another option? Like....neither?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It's both the cap hit, and the implications that signing had on the other contracts signed afterwards for their big guns.

Tavares is an outstanding 2c. Not a question.
On your 1st sentence, yes I agree. That's what I had in mind with my #1003 post.

Reactions: Relapsing

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

I think that is telling

I will take neither Dumbass nor Duhrion to be my GM.

It will either be me GM'ing the Sens, a consortium of HFBoarders, or Emilio Estevez (in order of preference).

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

I think that is telling
If the options are that limited, as in there's no other alternative, then no I wouldn't take Dubas over Dorion. But to be clear, Dorion wouldn't be my top choice for GM.

Dubas is a disaster who has mishandled his cap, expended every form of capital they have and has produced next to nothing with a highly talented core that he inherited. Look at his draft record since he took over in 2018, who the hell do they even have? Look at the amount of money they've spent on their roster in the last 5 years. You think he has that kind of cash at hand here in Ottawa? Absolutely abysmal job assembling a real team and still has all the same question marks on D and in nets that he had when he first got there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I will take neither Dumbass nor Duhrion to be my GM.

It will either be me GM'ing the Sens, a consortium of HFBoarders, or Emilio Estevez (in order of preference).
A consortium where I have final word and we bring back galchenyuk. And trade for Ben chiarot for long playoff runs

• Haha
Reactions: armani

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
You ask yourself: Why is a contending team looking to offload an experienced D-man like Dumba when he should be a part of their playoff push?

You realize: He's not good and they are trying to take advantage of a desperate GM with a terrible pro-scouting department.
For what its worth, anything Guerin does is wild. Aside from the buying out Suter and Parise and handcuffing the team for 5 years, he's out here retaining as a 3rd party while they're trying to contend. What's more valuable for Minnesota, $3million in capspace that they can use or the mid round picks he's acquiring? I'll look at a lot of factors about Dumba, Guerin wanting to move him isn't one of them

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
For what its worth, anything Guerin does is wild. Aside from the buying out Suter and Parise and handcuffing the team for 5 years, he's out here retaining as a 3rd party while they're trying to contend. What's more valuable for Minnesota, $3million in capspace that they can use or the mid round picks he's acquiring? I'll look at a lot of factors about Dumba, Guerin wanting to move him isn't one of them
He has been sat a few times already this season due shit play on the ice

that is not something that is made up

Dumba may fit better here playing with Sanderson though. he has to come with a contract 100% though

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Kane to rangers for a conditional 2nd (can become a 1st ) and a 4th lmao

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He has been sat a few times already this season due shit play on the ice

that is not something that is made up

Dumba may fit better here playing with Sanderson though. he has to come with a contract 100% though
Why would you want him to come with an extension if you believe there's a good chance he's shit?

At least test drive him first.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Why would you want him to come with an extension if you believe there's a good chance he's shit?

At least test drive him first.
i dont want him at all but if Dorion decides he is the guy then he should sign him. If Dorion is not sure if he is the guy then he absolutely should not make the trade

Dumba is the type of defensemen who will get overpaid if he hits the market

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
The $6.5 m won't be easy to fit in if the cap remains at $83.5 m. There's going to have to be some other "adjustments".
I think we get almost an additional 5m with all the buyouts coming off the books the year after next.

But yeah still gonna be tight

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Oh for some reason I thought Tavares was before his time.

I personally don't get the hate for the Tavares deal. Been a PPG center playing in the #2 role for 5 years now and cost zero assets to acquire.

Bigger problem is that he then dealt Kadri for Barrie and Kerfoot instead of a better return. That's one of his screw ups for sure.
If you're paying any centre $11 million (a top 10 cap hit) PPG is the least they can do, they need to produce like one. If JT can't do that and the market value was to sign him for $10 million you let another team deal with that anchor of a contract. They were fine down the middle with Kadri and Matthews and he was too reactionary.

The minute JT was signed, Dubas set the bench mark for salaries and he failed to be firm against Matthews and Marner. His moves since then have been fine for the most part (aside from thinking Murray was a good acquisition), but he created the problem with the cap at the start.

As much as I think Dorion is a very incompetent gm, his worst contract (probably Murray signing) isn't near Dubas. Having said that, I would pick Dubas over Dorion because he seems to learn after his mistakes and is aggressive in filling team needs, meanwhile we have a GM offering higher picks since we don't have what teams initially ask for lol

Puljujarvi only cost the Canes a formre 3rd rounder. I wonder if they'll be able to turn his career around.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Lol get rekt Chicago, return for Kane is a conditional 2023 2nd that can become a 1st if NYR makes the ECF and a 2023 4th

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
They need to make ECF for that to become a 2024 or 2025 1st round pick. I guess that's the return you get when you can only negotiate with 1 team.

which is why Karlsson would be cheaper than Parayko, Chychrun or anyone else.

Karlsson telling Grier that he only wants to go to Ottawa is very likely. Especially when Alfie is in management this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad