Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That is a Dangerous, dangerous Rangers team.

Top to bottom, every position.

The East is a war zone, TB, Tor, NJ, Bos and Car. Probably 5 of the top teams in the league.

Imagine Rangers fans being told 3 years ago they’d have Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, Vladislav Tarasenko and Vincent Trocek added to their roster.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
which is why Karlsson would be cheaper than Parayko, Chychrun or anyone else.

Karlsson telling Grier that he only wants to go to Ottawa is very likely. Especially when Alfie is in management this summer.
Might be likely but not as cofirmed as the Kane situation

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If the options are that limited, as in there's no other alternative, then no I wouldn't take Dubas over Dorion. But to be clear, Dorion wouldn't be my top choice for GM.

Dubas is a disaster who has mishandled his cap, expended every form of capital they have and has produced next to nothing with a highly talented core that he inherited. Look at his draft record since he took over in 2018, who the hell do they even have? Look at the amount of money they've spent on their roster in the last 5 years. You think he has that kind of cash at hand here in Ottawa? Absolutely abysmal job assembling a real team and still has all the same question marks on D and in nets that he had when he first got there.
“Assembling a real team”. Cmon lol

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Also, NHL is f***ing stupid

Meier trade - “They received a conditional 1st”.

Kane trade - “They received a conditional 2nd”

Conditions on both trades are the exact same, within an added year for Meier. If they make the ECF, it’s a 1st otherwise it’s a 2nd.

At least stay consistent, Jesus.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Also, NHL is f***ing stupid

Meier trade - “They received a conditional 1st”.

Kane trade - “They received a conditional 2nd”

Conditions on both trades are the exact same, within an added year for Meier. If they make the ECF, it’s a 1st otherwise it’s a 2nd.

At least stay consistent, Jesus.
This is a league that cannot keep the ruling of goaltender interference consistent.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think he's won 2 more rounds than Dubas no?
How many seasons have the Leafs made the playoffs in the Dorion GM timeframe versus Dorion?

GM. Seasons. Playoff Appearances
Dorion. 7. 1
Dubas. 5. 4

Last edited:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Tkachuk - Stützle - Giroux
DeBrincat - Hayes - Batherson
Joseph - Pinto - Gauthier
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson
Brassard - Gambrel - Grieg

Chabot - Jensen
Brannstrom - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Holden - JBD

Talbot
Sogaard

Hayes (50% retained) for a 2nd and Sokolov.
Jensen for a 2nd and Jarventie.

Based on media rumours, Gord’s comments, spending restrictions, who we have scoured, who has scouted us, etc.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

The East is a war zone, TB, Tor, NJ, Bos and Car. Probably 5 of the top teams in the league.

Imagine Rangers fans being told 3 years ago they’d have Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, Vladislav Tarasenko and Vincent Trocek added to their roster.
Which one is going to trade an unprotected first for Ben chiarot. They will be the most dangerous.

Reactions: bicboi64

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Why couldn't they wait until the actual deadline for this Kane deal - we play NYR on Thursday, Kane's gonna light mups against us

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think we get almost an additional 5m with all the buyouts coming off the books the year after next.

But yeah still gonna be tight
There's some really good posts (spreadsheets) that have been posted in here about this subject. All of the Buy Out & Retained Salary info is included, along with all the other relevant details. Those posts are not missing something as important and obvious as the applicable buyouts & retained salary.

As I recall, one such post (spreadsheet) had Parayko in it, plus there were others as well that included expensive ($6 m +) contracts. The summary would be that an addition of an over $6 m cap hit player would require some other adjustments. And to define the adjustments term, it very likely means "subtractions" or skimping in another area (or areas). Maybe those posters will show up and repost the info. I'm too lazy to search for those posts, but this subject and point has been addressed a few times before, maybe even in this thread.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
which is why Karlsson would be cheaper than Parayko, Chychrun or anyone else.

Karlsson telling Grier that he only wants to go to Ottawa is very likely. Especially when Alfie is in management this summer.

I don't know if he'd be cheaper than Parayko, as Grier definitely seems to want significantly positive assets to justify trading Karlsson during a Norris-quality season.

But if we can get good assets for Chabot or if SJ would be interested in a change-of-scenery swap given his younger age, paying significant assets for EK can be justified somewhat.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
With a team built by Murray with the following additions made:

Derick Brassard (at the cost of Zibanejad)
Tom Pyatt
Alex Burrows
Viktor Stalberg
Tommy Wingels

You seem to be missing the overall point which is that success or failure attributed to a GM should be based on their own work, not the work of others.
And yet his peers voted him as a GM nominee that year didn't they? Am I misremembering? Or are you intentionally not recalling that?

No I'm not imagining things Hale. But you intentionally not recalling something that doesn't support your agenda to constantly shit on everything the team ...that sounds about right

Chiarelli, Dorion, Poile named finalists for GM of the year award

That's twice you've suggested in recent days that I'm missing the overall point. Idk Hale. Personally I think you believe this is like a video game, pieces to be moved around. But I do think you believe firmly in your views. You must, you get called on them all the time but you keep coming back, one ridiculous take after another

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

NYR is a very entertaining contender, Chris Drury absolutely killed it with his big ticket trades this season.

Reactions: DrEasy

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
Tkachuk - Stützle - Giroux
DeBrincat - Hayes - Batherson
Joseph - Pinto - Gauthier
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson
Brassard - Gambrel - Grieg

Chabot - Jensen
Brannstrom - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Holden - JBD

Talbot
Sogaard

Hayes (50% retained) for a 2nd and Sokolov.
Jensen for a 2nd and Jarventie.

Based on media rumours, Gord’s comments, spending restrictions, who we have scoured, who has scouted us, etc.
That's a lot of terms left on Hayes contract.

Reactions: scout20

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
And yet his peers voted him as a GM nominee that year didn't they? Am I misremembering? Or are you intentionally not recalling that?

No I'm not imagining things Hale. But you intentionally not recalling something that doesn't support your agenda to constantly shit on everything the team ...that sounds about right

Chiarelli, Dorion, Poile named finalists for GM of the year award

That's twice you've suggested in recent days that I'm missing the overall point. Idk Hale. Personally I think you believe this is like a video game, pieces to be moved around. But I do think you believe firmly in your views. You must, you get called on them all the time but you keep coming back, one ridiculous take after another

Dorion got nominated mainly because he acquired Condon, who did play terrific down the stretch and ended up saving the Sens season.

Great move but to nominate him for GM of the year right after he made one of the worst trades in the last decade by trading Zibanejad + 2nd for Brassard was a massive head scratcher, but so is Chiarelli being named a finalist that year so maybe it was just a giant piss-take by GMs around the league.

But again intellectually you fail to understand the difference between crapping on Sens management and the Sens franchise. I really don't get why this is so difficult a concept to swallow for you. Dorion works for the team - he isn't the team. When I criticize a decision he makes I'm not "shitting on" the Ottawa Senators, in your words I would be "shitting on" him, which I personally believe is entirely justified.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
That's a lot of terms left on Hayes contract.

Dorion has said he only wants to trade for players with term (oddly) and there has been earlier reports Philly would buy out Hayes in the off-season. We’ve scouted Philly, they’ve scouted Belleville and Gord’s comments put 1+1 together for me, though I hope I’m wrong tbh.

I can’t see us trading for either DeAngelo or Provorov.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If I am taking a long term contract back, I would rather Parayko than Hayes. He at least addresses a need. Where is Hayes playing when Norris is back next year? Same with Pinto and Greig?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dorion got nominated mainly because he acquired Condon, who did play terrific down the stretch and ended up saving the Sens season.
Really? You know that how? It might fit what you want to believe but you don't know that. I'd bet you don't know why any single voter choose to nominate Dorion.

Your expressed view was Dorion winning two playoff rounds was due to a Murray assembled team.

My reply was pointing out that he was nominated for GM of the year....by his peers.

Team. Dorion. Whatever. You're grabbing a hold of a word to sidestep. You have an unhealthy dislike for the man. That's too bad. Probably prevents you from fully enjoying what is otherwise a really enjoyable pass time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad