Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I cant believe they got that much for him. Sandin sucks. Small cant skate turns the puck over. Cant handle a heavy forcheck.
I think there is still lots of potential there personally - and has been very good in a sheltered role there. I think he can be a Top-4 defender in this league for a long time to be honest.

they’re betting on the now with this deal obviously and it definitely helps them with that, plus an extra first to use within the next couple days but man; I think they may regret this deal. I can see why both sides did it Though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why's that a solid trade? Soon to be 31yo one-dimensional offensive defenseman who was on a PTO to start the year in 2021 for a 23yo guy who's going to be a pretty good top 4D.
Have you watched Sandin? He will never survive in a playoff series. Tiny and slow on the back end simply does not work. He's brutal.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think there is still lots of potential there personally - and has been very good in a sheltered role there. I think he can be a Top-4 defender in this league for a long time to be honest.

they’re betting on the now with this deal obviously and it definitely helps them with that, plus an extra first to use within the next couple days but man; I think they may regret this deal. I can see why both sides did it Though.
Not on a playoff team. Sens exposed him in a regular season game. You cant be that small and a d man in this league. If you are your skill level has to be insane. Id never take him on this team.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sens fans have been unable to give the Leafs any credit for a long time. We are pretty insecure as a fanbase.

You can hate a team and still recognize that they are one of the better teams in the NHL. The whole "the Leafs actually suck" routine is just little brother syndrome.
Lol, this is sports entertainment. You guys are cozying up to the bitter rivals who love to hate us too.

That team has been a disappointment for 5 years straight when compared to expectations and people are actually arguing that their GM is among the best? You can even make up this level hypocrisy.

Just sayin’ this isn’t get along gang, it’s friggin’ Sens vs leafs, battle of ontario, classic hockey rivalry.

No one is feeling insecure, we just like our heated rivalries in hockey, instead of making up weird arguments to make them seem better….

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I cant believe they got that much for him. Sandin sucks. Small cant skate turns the puck over. Cant handle a heavy forcheck. Leafs are making some great moves. Identifying all their weaknesses.
Let's hope that after adding so many new players, they have trouble adjusting and getting in-synch with each other that the Leafs lose in the 1st round yet again. Fingers crossed.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Let's hope that after adding so many new players, they have trouble adjusting and getting in-synch with each other that the Leafs lose in the 1st round yet again. Fingers crossed.
If we're really lucky it'll be in OT in game 7.

Maximum pain.

Reactions: guyzeur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Read my earlier post. I said that I didn't think the benefit of getting swept in the first round would outweigh the cost of the assets the team would have to give up. This team simply isn't built for the playoffs. I don't think TDL deals with inflated asks are the way to go. YMMV
This team is exactly built for the playoffs, and the assets you worry about are imaginary at this point. We are in the running still at the moment without adding a thing.

If we add a player that is for now and the future, we shouldn’t be worried so much about the assets though in my opinion.

Different strokes I guess :)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Not on a playoff team. Sens exposed him in a regular season game. You cant be that small and a d man in this league. If you are your skill level has to be insane. Id never take him on this team.
Maybe not yet, he is still young and learning. I think it bodes well for him he good underlining numbers and advanced stats playing majority of his time on the third pair - I think it likely means he is due for a bump in ice time and Toronto couldn’t afford to do that given their aspirations.

He‘s still very young and will likely take Gustavsson’s PP time in WSH. In Toronto he wouldn’t have been given much an opportunity to succeed anyway with the McCabe trade. So it won’t take long to see if he sinks or swims given more responsibility, if you’re Washington you don’t make a move like this if you don’t plan on giving him minutes.

Enough about the Leafs, though.

I wonder if Dumba would resign here?

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Lol, this is sports entertainment. You guys are cozying up to the bitter rivals who love to hate us too.

That team has been a disappointment for 5 years straight when compared to expectations and people are actually arguing that their GM is among the best? You can even make up this level hypocrisy.

Just sayin’ this isn’t get along gang, it’s friggin’ Sens vs leafs, battle of ontario, classic hockey rivalry.

No one is feeling insecure, we just like our heated rivalries in hockey, instead of making up weird arguments to make them seem better….

I hate the Leafs lol I'm not sure where you're going with this. Doesn't mean they are a bad team.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
As a few have said, we might be better off signing a UFA in the summer than make a trade and give up draft picks, prospects and roster players.

This team is exactly built for the playoffs, and the assets you worry about are imaginary at this point. We are in the running still at the moment without adding a thing.

If we add a player that is for now and the future, we shouldn’t be worried so much about the assets though in my opinion.

Different strokes I guess :)
Our low probability of getting into the playoffs makes me wary of trades for rentals.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
i guess no one is willing to answer the question

would you take Dubas as the Sens GM over Dorion?

I think that is telling
I wouldn’t trade PD’s rebuild for anything Dubas could put together. I also want nothing to do with him when PD is let go.

His team has been a stagnant disappointment for 5 straight years now….

No thank you.

There, now there is one does doesn’t want the guy.

Reactions: slamigo

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Long memories in this provincial rivalry.

Also, why would anyone here want the hate to wear off? Anyone here have the laffs as their second team?
I mean, I remember it like it was yesterday too, but the sting has long since worn off and I feel nothing about it now. Thinking about Jeff Friesen hurts the most. And I hate the Habs way more because of actual recent playoff series'.

I guess I just don't get how you can keep it alive all this time when the rivalry has been irrelevant for almost 2 decades.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It might be because of your location, but Ottawa Leaf Fans are a different breed of douchebag. They are single handedly keeping the rivalry alive despite the time lapse that you mentioned.
That I believe. Some of the games I've travelled to Ottawa for were Leafs games and one was a pretty awful experience.

Up 4-0 on em and they came back 5-4 in OT. I took the bus back to my bro's place with drunk painted up Leafs fans gloating the whole way. Then I got off at the wrong stop late at night and walked for like an hour until I found my way.

I get it to a certain extent, its just that we don't really play games that matter against them and haven't in a long time, and I have a hard time stoking the hate flames without that. It's not like they've had much success to shove in our faces either.

That's not right on the Kane return. Super unfair. That's not a level playing field at all.
Should have tried being an MLB fan through the Yankees WS wins. Talk about an unfair playing field. We've got it lucky that this is as bad as it gets.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hopefully Dubas gonna mess up the chemistry of his roster by making so many moves and make their inevitable first round loss that much more satisfying.

That I believe. Some of the games I've travelled to Ottawa for were Leafs games and one was a pretty awful experience.

Up 4-0 on em and they came back 5-4 in OT. I took the bus back to my bro's place with drunk painted up Leafs fans gloating the whole way. Then I got off at the wrong stop late at night and walked for like an hour until I found my way.
The infamous flu game in 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad