Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Leafs are going bonkers. Dubas is pulling out all the stops most likely because if they don't make it past the 1st round, he knows he's getting the axe.
would love for that to happen and to hire him as our next GM

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
The only adds that I’d be okay with are Chychrun or Jensen

If we could get Jensen for Thomson straight up I’d pull the trigger. I don’t see Thomson and JBD both on the roster next year and both require waivers.
I'd be fine for a Jensen acquisition for Thomson straight up. He's better than Hamonic, not the best 2RD, but good enough that we can push Hamonic down a bit. Hopefully JBD can emerge as good enough to push both of them down to 3RD

Reactions: NB613

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think we should really gun for Chychrun

play him on the offside

there is def a softer market for defensemen rn with more avaliable

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
The Sens have to jump the market if they want to acquire this sort of player. Klingberg told them to f*** off last summer, and I don't see much reason to believe it would be any different with the likes of Dumba, Jensen or Severson.

...but if you get them in here ahead of time you have a shot at keeping them. That's just the reality of this market.
Don’t disagree with the semantics of the Senators market - I have been a big propon of these realities for some time now.

but you trade for Assets for a player at the deadline, miss the playoffs and lose the player to free agency - or better yet have to massively overinflate the contract in order for the player to stay just isn’t a great idea.

Pierre should sit this one out, trade out whatever expiring deals he can and if he can pull off a move for a defender on a multi year deal - then do it. But don‘t take unnessesary risks just so you might save you job at the detriment of the teams future.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Really?

I have seen the names of Dumba, Klingberg, Jensen linked to the Sens. all guys that are UFA at seasons end.

In the off-season yeah, I understand why they’d be after them in F/A but at the deadline? Seems silly.

Several insiders have said that Ottawa would be looking to extend Dumba and Jensen as part of the trade, so my bet is that's the ideal plan.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I'd be fine for a Jensen acquisition for Thomson straight up. He's better than Hamonic, not the best 2RD, but good enough that we can push Hamonic down a bit. Hopefully JBD can emerge as good enough to push both of them down to 3RD
Would be great, but doubt if the Capitals would move him for Thomson.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
sure but Nashville is probably okay with the dump due to them rebuilding

thats a really good deal for Edm imo
Deal is good in a vacuum - don’t like the Ekholm deal through It’s duration of the contract. Feel like Ekholm is due for massive regression - and we have already seen a pretty steep drop off this year.

Nashville knows when to cut ties with their defenders...

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Holy cow, things are happening. Cant believe i opened this thread to page 15 and its up to page 41, wow.

I had never thought about that before, when a team retains 4% of a player salary they must use up one of their 50 roster spots while paying it? Do i have that right? An interesting wrinkle

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
doubt JBD is ready for a top 4 role next season

we can't rely on that

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think they'll have much trouble moving him, unless he gets extremely picky with his NTC.

He's still a pretty decent player at a position of need for many teams. Lots of GM's don't give a shit about what happens a few years down the road as you can see.
Ya I agree, just how I feel about it. That's a long one.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Deal is good in a vacuum - don’t like the Ekholm deal through It’s duration of the contract. Feel like Ekholm is due for massive regression - and we have already seen a pretty steep drop off this year.

Nashville knows when to cut ties with their defenders...
Suter hamhuis and Weber were great after they left Nashville

Yes age will catch up to him but he should be able to put in 3 more solid years

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Don’t disagree with the semantics of the Senators market - I have been a big propon of these realities for some time now.

but you trade for Assets for a player at the deadline, miss the playoffs and lose the player to free agency - or better yet have to massively overinflate the contract in order for the player to stay just isn’t a great idea.

Pierre should sit this one out, trade out whatever expiring deals he can and if he can pull off a move for a defender on a multi year deal - then do it. But don‘t take unnessesary risks just so you might save you job at the detriment of the teams future.
For the most part Pierre has been sitting it out, and Dreger was on last night's pre-game show and said he doesn't get the sense that anything major is in the works. So I think mostly he's trying to convert some junk bonds [Sokolov, JBD, Thomson, 2nd round picks] into a defensive upgrade, and I'm not so sure he's concerned whether it's a rental or not. Losing any of those 'assets' will not have any meaningful impact on the future of the team.

I don't think anything monumentally stupid will happen.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Dorion’s been looking for a top-4 RD for 3 seasons, wouldn’t be shocked in the least if he’s not able to pull it off this year again :laugh: We’ll see

Wouldn’t mind Jensen if we can sign him to a 1-2 year extension. Give the new GM some time to find a longer term answer

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion’s been looking for a top-4 RD for 3 seasons, wouldn’t be shocked in the least if he’s not able to pull it off this year again :laugh: We’ll see

Wouldn’t mind Jensen if we can sign him to a 1-2 year extension. Give the new GM some time to find a longer term answer
What's the ask though. I don't want to give up a 1st at the TDL

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Suter hamhuis and Weber were great after they left Nashville

Yes age will catch up to him but he should be able to put in 3 more solid years
Don’t believe Nashville wanted to get rid of Hamhuis or Suter - they walked. Weber, sure.

Ryan Ellis, PK Subban both traded before massive decline in Subbans case and Injury’s in Ellis’

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Don’t believe Nashville wanted to get rid of Hamhuis or Suter - they walked. Weber, sure.

Ryan Ellis, PK Subban both traded before massive decline in Subbans case and Injury’s in Ellis’
eh that doesn't really show that Nashville is good at tading guys before their decline. Ellis was struggling with injury before he was dealt. Its a risk that Philly took on.

Ekholm has been consistent in playing fairly injury free. Is he past his prime? yes so he won't ever be as good as he was at 28 but he is still a very good player who can play on a top pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad