Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m on the Parayko wagon personally

Big man that can skate
I worry about fitting his contract in and what it means for the rest of the roster.

We need to re-sign DeBrincat, Pinto, and Brannstrom, as well as figure out who will be our starting goalie next year. Oh, and Forsberg is coming off a double MCL injury, so probably can't count on him for much.

If we spend 16 mil on Parayko, DeBrincat and Pinto, that doesn't leave a lot of room to fill in the rest,

Ideally, if we want to re-sign DeBrincat, I want someone that's in the 4.5-5 mil range, that gives us a touch more flexibility,

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I honestly think we end up with Dumba...

From the reports, it really sounds like the team is only interested in players with term or those willing to sign an extension right after the trade.

So if Dumba agrees to an extension for 3-4 years at $3.75-4.25M per (aka Zaitsev's money), I could see it.

Is Dumba worth that? Based on what Wild fans say, it doesn't sound like it...

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Tampa bay got absolutely humiliated by the Columbus blue jackets before winning 3 straight.
TBL also were in the Conference finals the year before (2017-18) that series with CBJ. The year they lost to CBJ their record was 62-16-4 (128 points) and they finished 1st in NHL. So the Bolts had been good for awhile.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Why would he ? Superstar who will get paid like crazy in Toronto and all the endorsements

I think Toronto has a good chance to keeping

i disagree

i dont think playoff success will define if he stays or goes. If he has a competitive team I think he stays. He is the king of toronto
Mathews will get paid megabucks no matter where he goes. It is likely that his endorsements would be even more lucrative in the US.

You may be right - none of us are privy to his thoughts. He might be more inclined to stay if he was a Canadian kid who grew up in the snow belt. He's an American who was born and grew up in the desert. I'm not being critical - he will have earned the right to decide when the time comes. Truth be told, as a Canadian I would seriously consider climate and tax differences.

I doubt it has been pleasant for him (and other Leafs), getting beaten up by a rabid Toronto fan and media base over early playoff exits. I'm not saying the Leafs (players and management) don't deserve some heat, just that it can't be fun. At some point, if the team can't advance beyond the 1st round, he may opt for a change of scenery.

TOR fans need not fret too much about it. It's not a doomsday scenario. The Leafs would be able to reallocate his freed up cap space (significant!) to bring in another top calibre player.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Getting humiliated, embarrassed and swept in four games may not be the moral booster you think it is.
I think you’re dead wrong.

I think that this young team is always going to have to take some playoff lumps to win, like EVERY young team does. Starting this year would be far better for moral than next year, and I highly doubt this team would get embarrassed or humiliated in playoff losses regardless.

There is zero reason to put off further development until next year or beyond because they’re scared (which is exactly what your post sound like) the kids are hungry now, let them learn.

No one is suggesting mortgaging the future for rentals, but there are lots of moves we can make for now and the future that could help the team.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Thats why they are making this push they know he is gone if they dont win anything. I think he is going to California. Anaheim seems like a wicked fit he can live in newport beach. They have so much cap and lots of good young guys so he knows theyre gonna be good for a while.

Plus, he'd be a huge draw for the Mexican community there and the NHL would love to appeal to a mostly untapped market.

Assen na yo!

Reactions: bert

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If they want to play meaningful games they should have led their team to a better position entering the deadline.

Besides adding a 2nd/3rd pairing D is hardly going to vault this team into a playoff spot.

Dumb reasoning for wasting a good asset on a player when it isn't going to make a difference this late in the season.
Lol, you seriously have the worst takes on the team, just terrible.

Its not an ’if’ buddy, March is a couple days away and we’ll be playing meaningful games. We are in as good a position going into the deadline as could reasonably be expected.

Edited…

Funny I remember the Sens embarrassing and fully overwhelming young Crosby and the Pens in his 1st year in the playoffs. The following year the Pens knew what to expect in the playoffs and were a different looking team. I think you’re completely underrating what value there is for our kids to get a feeling for the playoffs. Better to do it this year, rather than next
Some people just don’t want the team to make the playoffs with PD and Dorion.

Don't worry, it’s a totally legitimate priority.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lol, you seriously have the worst takes on the team, just terrible.

Its not an ’if’ buddy, March is a couple days away and we’ll be playing meaningful games. We are in as good a position going into the deadline as could reasonably be expected.

Its pretty clear that you don’t want to the team to make the playoffs, it goes against your years of dumping on the team.

You like when the team struggles, that’s when you get to post about how smart you are.

Another person who can't understand the distinction between criticizing the GM of a team (an employee) and the team itself.

I've learned after the Hamburglar run that damn near anything is possible, but you're not living in reality if you think the team is actually in a good position to make the playoffs right now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Another person who can't understand the distinction between criticizing the GM of a team (an employee) and the team itself.

I've learned after the Hamburglar run that damn near anything is possible, but you're not living in reality if you think the team is actually in a good position to make the playoffs right now.
I said in as good a position as could be expected of them realistically.

I also pointed out that they are going to be playing meaningful games in March, unlike what you were suggesting in your post.

Your post was just bad, and obviously your reality,

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Mathews will get paid megabucks no matter where he goes. It is likely that his endorsements would be even more lucrative in the US.
I’m guessing hockey is the one sport where a star player in the Toronto market can make more in endorsements than in any American market. Hell I bet even Crosby makes more money from his Canadian sponsors/ads than anything he gets from US based endorsements.

Reactions: HSF

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I obv want us to beat Detroit tonight, last night was fun kicking their ass all over the place. But I am terrified of the long term damage PD is going to inflict on this roster if we do win tonight. Only to have him proudly tell us playing meaningful games was worth it even though we finished 10th in the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki