Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
From the reports, it really sounds like the team is only interested in players with term or those willing to sign an extension right after the trade.

So if Dumba agrees to an extension for 3-4 years at $3.75-4.25M per (aka Zaitsev's money), I could see it.

Is Dumba worth that? Based on what Wild fans say, it doesn't sound like it...
It's interesting, because he's still getting the most ES toi on a team that's 5th in the west,

I'll take wild fans at their word, coaches can have their favourites and what not, but I'd be curious to know what people feel is a fair contract for Dumba moving forward.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You ask yourself: Why is a contending team looking to offload an experienced D-man like Dumba when he should be a part of their playoff push?

You realize: He's not good and they are trying to take advantage of a desperate GM with a terrible pro-scouting department.
Or they have $9ish million in cap space going into next year with 7-9 players to add, including a raise for Gustavsson based on his play this year, and don't want to lose an asset for nothing.

But, hey, it's a lot more fun to endlessly lampoon management, right?

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Ekholm would be a sneaky good pick up, not sure if he can play the right side well though

That is part of my concern with him and Chychrun

Reactions: bicboi64

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Would it be bad to try Sanderson on the right side and bring in an elite LD?

Chabot-Zub
xxx-Sanderson

I think it is risky to move guys on their off side considering their cap hit/term and cost to acquire. Hard to give up A assets and make the commitment to a player whos position does not fully fit

That is why I think Parayko is the guy who fits the mold of what we are trying to acquire and should be at a fair price. Weegar as well

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You ask yourself: Why is a contending team looking to offload an experienced D-man like Dumba when he should be a part of their playoff push?

You realize: He's not good and they are trying to take advantage of a desperate GM with a terrible pro-scouting department.
I ask myself if the contending team doesn't think he's very good, why are they playing him sooo much, he leads the team in ES.

He's certainly not worth his current contract, and hasn't been the same for a while now after getting injured. Is he an improvement over Hamonic though, can he be a positive player on the right contract in the right role? Idk.

He's not my preferred option, that's for sure, but he can still play a role on a good team I suspect, I mean, wild are currently third in their division, 5th in the conference and that's with him getting more ES toi than anyone on the sens not named Chabot,

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I’m guessing hockey is the one sport where a star player in the Toronto market can make more in endorsements than in any American market. Hell I bet even Crosby makes more money from his Canadian sponsors/ads than anything he gets from US based endorsements.
Possibly... Consider too though that an American player in an American market is something US folks can wrap themselves in the flag about. The key point was that no star player is locked into being in any market. Once they've done their mandatory time they can (have earned the right) to go wherever they are the most comfortable.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm starting to come around on a Jensen/Lindgren package instead of paying a high end price for Chychrun/Weegar/Parayko.

Jensen should be a stabilizing presence the way Zub has been and Lindgren is signed cheap enough with term that you can send him down next season if Mads beats him out for a spot. Also a bit of insurance in case Forsberg doesn't come back the way we all hope.

Trade Talbot to re-coup some assets (Holden and Watson too if they bring back value, but I'm actually fine with them as the 13F/7D if DJ actually plays them that way post deadline) and call it a day.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's interesting, because he's still getting the most ES toi on a team that's 5th in the west,

I'll take wild fans at their word, coaches can have their favourites and what not, but I'd be curious to know what people feel is a fair contract for Dumba moving forward.
This is Canada. Probably one of the more knowledgeable hockey markets. Look at how our board treats certain players over the years.

HF is a hive mindset. It sets in on a player and at times develops overwhelmingly negative takes. Literally the last place I'd go to assess a player on another team is their HF page.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is Canada. Probably one of the more knowledgeable hockey markets. Look at how our board treats certain players over the years.

HF is a hive mindset. It sets in on a player and at times develops and overwhelmingly negative takes. Literally the last place I'd go to assess a player on another team is their HF page.
So we shouldn't take your word on Chabot's play lately then?

All kidding aside, Minnesota has one of the more knowledgeable fanbases, they are definitely a strong hockey market. I'm not saying they aren't going to be a bit hyperbolic in their assessment but I do think it's fair to say Dumba isn't living up to expectations.

There is, however, a disconnect between fan evals, and how the coach is using him. I suspect a change in usage might play into perceptions, Dumba no longer gets any pp time, the Spurgeon pair seems to get more mins with the top line, Dumba is no longer being used as an offensive Dman to the same extent.

I'd have to watch more wild games to really get a good feel for him, right now I'm really just not sure.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Toronto got a LD who can play RD in a top 4 role for 2 mill and a couple of cheap bottom 6 guys who cost around a million

Must be nice to have a good GM
Cost a first
They threw all their cards in this year, no seconds for 3 years. One first in next 3.

Also GM that can’t negotiate fair deals.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Also the Leafs' goaltending is very iffy. Dubas relying on an injury prone head case vet and an inconsistent journeyman.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
No first round picks for 3 years running, no 2nd round picks for the next 3 years and no playoff rounds won. Wow, what a good GM!

They are well coached and have a shot at the cup pretty much every year, at least while Matthews is around. Contenders can trade firsts.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Toronto got a LD who can play RD in a top 4 role for 2 mill and a couple of cheap bottom 6 guys who cost around a million

Must be nice to have a good GM

Toronto is able to sacrifice 1st rounders because they know they are a perennial playoff team compared to Ottawa where there is no confidence that the pick would be in 20-30 range, which is essentially a 2nd rounder.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Toronto is able to sacrifice 1st rounders because they know they are a perennial playoff team compared to Ottawa where there is no confidence that the pick would be in 20-30 range, which is essentially a 2nd rounder.
Doesn’t have to be the exact deal

Pointing out that people here saying there is no one available or there are no cheap bottom 6 players to fill out the roster are just wrong

Toronto got a top 4 D for 2 mill for two more season

Such a good price and worth a late first

No first round picks for 3 years running, no 2nd round picks for the next 3 years and no playoff rounds won. Wow, what a good GM!
their talent is on the roster. Does tampa have a poor GM for turning their firsts into Goodrow and Hagel?

Need to get things done and can't always be waiting.

People here constantly say you can't get good bottom 6 guys yet there are plenty moving. We have been looking for a defensemen for 3 seasons now lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki