Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Will Borgen is on Seravalli's top-50 trade targets list.

He seems like an ideal fit. 6'3, physical, 26 year old RD. Stout defender with decent puck moving skills. Makes 900k and is an RFA this summer. If you can get him for a 2nd rounder - Seattle traded Jeremy Lauzon away last year for the same - then I like it a lot.

We need to assimilate the Borg.
We never get under the radar guys. Would be surprised if our pro scouts even know who this is.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Friedman said the Sens were close on a DeAngelo deal before he was dealt to Philly. Not sure if they'd like to re-visit, but the precedent is there.

Flyers were laughed at for trading for him. Please no Sens. Lets not help out the Flyers by trading for him.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Right, but you could STILL trade him for picks and prospects when it's all said and done in the summer. I'm saying we shouldn't lock into trading him by Friday. Maintaining options, even if it risks a lower return, has benefits:

• Maybe new ownership comes in, sells him on their vision, and he commits to this organization
• Maybe it comes to light that there's a disgruntled impact defenseman somewhere on a good team, and the opportunity for a beneficial 1-1 deal arises
• Maybe a team that's expecting to make a big Cup run flames out in round 1, wants to shake things up, and aggressively pursues Debrincat

As an example, what if Edmonton gets swept, decides they need a sniper to placate McDavid, and offers you Evan Bouchard+?

And yes, maybe none of that happens and you end up having to trade him for less value than you could have at this deadline.

But if I'm Ottawa, I'd rather keep my options open until June.

There is value in having options for sure, but other teams trust that they can make multiple deals to maximize value in one trade and then make another trade to find a particular player they want.

Our current management can't walk and chew gum at the same time and so often when a player is traded away another player has to be coming back to replace him, so I understand where this is coming from.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Here's what Dorion said a few days ago...

Multiple insiders have reported that there haven't been any substantive contract discussion between DeBrincat and the Sens. I don't see much advantage to waiting other than the potential practicality issue - Dorion may not have authorization to sign this size of a contract at this point in time.
Thanks. I wasn't even sure what was said exactly, but based on what I thought I heard, I was a little puzzled about why there hadn't been any conversations. You might be right, maybe Dorion doesn't have the necessary authorization. I wasn't coming up with much in the way of explanations when I was reflecting on it.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Went back and listened to the Pre game show.

The question was asked how many roster players are going to be traded by Senators this week.

Gord Wilson replied “you said roster players right? not organizational players, so I am not trading always Egor Sokolov or Robbie Jarventie. So that’s eliminated? Even though that’s a real good possibility, a realistic possibility, if you catch my drift.”

Reactions: NB613

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Went back and listened to the Pre game show.

The question was asked how many roster players are going to be traded by Senators this week.

Gord Wilson replied “you said roster players right? not organizational players, so I am not trading always Egor Sokolov or Robbie Jarventie. So that’s eliminated? Even though that’s a real good possibility, a realistic possibility, if you catch my drift.”
👀

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Funny I remember the Sens embarrassing and fully overwhelming young Crosby and the Pens in his 1st year in the playoffs. The following year the Pens knew what to expect in the playoffs and were a different looking team. I think you’re completely underrating what value there is for our kids to get a feeling for the playoffs. Better to do it this year, rather than next
What happened to the Senators team that made it to the semi-finals against Pittsburgh?

The experience that team gained by making the playoffs did not work out well for its next season.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hmm sure that’s what you mean.

So Sens commit to DBC for “X” # of years. they’ll trade and move him for a package.

Why would they sign him and move him.
and why would Debrincat sign a long term contract without a no trade and movement clause?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think this win basically sealed the deal for a D.

Even if the playoffs are still a massive longshot, only way Dorion was going to possibly stand pat is if we lost both games to Detroit.

Reactions: NB613

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sorry did Friedman link us with DeAngelo?
Yeah, back in the summer after he was traded to Philly.

Friedman said they were in on him and Seravalli said they were 'very close' to acquiring him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki