Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Really sounds like James Dolan wants to go all in there. Lots of smoke around Quenneville, which may convince Kane to stay as well.

Perhaps you could do an ADB to Rangers (reunite him with his Chicago friends) for Lafreniere if you took Goodrow's cap hit back (although he has a 15-team NTC).

In a new situation, I think Lafreniere could still become a very effective 55-65 point 2nd line winger.
Yes lots of connections there that could work as a win win for both sides.

Reactions: Cosmix and gab6511

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Watching the playoffs, it affirms my belief that defense rules supreme. Not just defense, but transition defense.

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Gudas
Chychrun-Hamonic

We needa add one more top 4ish D man who can transition and handle the big body play (Gudas-like).

Hamonic should be no where near the top 4 and should be number 6 at best if we want to make serious playoff noise.

Reactions: NB613

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Watching the playoffs, it affirms my belief that defense rules supreme. Not just defense, but transition defense.

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Gudas
Chychrun-Hamonic

We needa add one more top 4ish D man who can transition and handle the big body play (Gudas-like).

Hamonic should be no where near the top 4 and should be number 6 at best if we want to make serious playoff noise.
How can you say good defense requires transition defense and then remove Brannstrom from your lineup and replace him with Gudas or Hamonic?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
30/30 was brought up by someone else, saying a 30/30 guy give or take, like Turris in his prime, I mean, if you prefer we can say 26/58 guy, 24/64 or 27/55 guy, but I don't think the specificity really adds to the conversation.

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Gudas
Chychrun-Hamonic

I agree, and not only that but our D strategy needs to be to way more aggressive. Hard down the baords causing chaos in the ozone, jumping up in the play should be routine etc.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I agree, and not only that but our D strategy needs to be to way more aggressive. Hard down the baords causing chaos in the ozone, jumping up in the play should be routine etc.
D is too passive in the D zone. They give forwards way too much time to set up on power plays without any pressure. If you are going to give them time it increases their chances to find a lane to the net. Successful teams take time away to create turnovers. My view from the couch after watching winning playoff teams!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
How can you say good defense requires transition defense and then remove Brannstrom from your lineup and replace him with Gudas or Hamonic?

Should have been a given to include that size rules supreme. I love Brannstrom, but best defense's also can handle any type of forecheck. Brannstrom, unless hits an even higher notch like Ellis, will not be effective.

The best D have definitely been the ones that have been able to attack puck carrier physically in d-zone, separate man from puck, then move said puck up ice.

Also, these attacks on Gudas need to stop. He is an animal and can move very, very well and move puck. Would be a dream to have him here.

Reactions: Senovision

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Remember Darius Kasparaitis. I had forgotten about him. He was not very big. He was listed at 5'11. I think he was probably 5'10ish. He could really hit. He was a nasty player.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Pretty sure Stu was the only centre on his line 😄
Got me there lol, meant to say player. Love that Stu is actively trying to backcheck so much more than in his first two years.

Hmm... Lafreniere and Goodrow for ADB seems like a pretty good option for us, I wonder what Lafreniere will cost contract wise?
Not sure if NYR could afford to extend Cat, at least if they keep any of Kane and Tarasenko. Lindgren would have to be moved or they'd have to try convincing one of their NMC guys to waive.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Should have been a given to include that size rules supreme. I love Brannstrom, but best defense's also can handle any type of forecheck. Brannstrom, unless hits an even higher notch like Ellis, will not be effective.

The best D have definitely been the ones that have been able to attack puck carrier physically in d-zone, separate man from puck, then move said puck up ice.

Also, these attacks on Gudas need to stop. He is an animal and can move very, very well and move puck. Would be a dream to have him here.
OK.

Well you specifically said transition then took away one of our best transition guys and added 2 guys that aren't known for that. I try to not assume what else is a given from someone else's post.

You think I, "attacked" Gudas by mentioning his name?

I don't mind Gudas but however good you believe he is, I don't think he comes to anyone's mind when you talk about transition player.

How about the attacks on Brannstrom as to what he can or can't handle on the forecheck? There are many guys his size that play D and while obviously you can't have a team of them, we have 1 and I really don't see us losing out in the playoffs because Brannstrom is 1 player of smaller stature on our blueline.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Really sounds like James Dolan wants to go all in there. Lots of smoke around Quenneville, which may convince Kane to stay as well.

Perhaps you could do an ADB to Rangers (reunite him with his Chicago friends) for Lafreniere if you took Goodrow's cap hit back (although he has a 15-team NTC).

In a new situation, I think Lafreniere could still become a very effective 55-65 point 2nd line winger.

Feel like that would be too clever by half, if it's even possible cap-wise.

With Panarin and Kreider at LW they really don't need to add another top 6 LW, especially one that will cost big money.

They only have 11M in cap space to sign 5 forwards and 2 defensemen

Will barely have enough to re-sign Miller, re-sign Kane/Tarasenko and fill out the rest of their roster.

Reactions: Sensators

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If we lose DBC, is it feasible to sign Killorn.

Probably not. He's probably looking for 5 years and he's too old for that, but I would be enticed. He's the guy you want as a winger IMO.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Would anyone consider trading Debrincat for Tom Wilson with an extension in place?

Washington is retooling it seems and Wilson has a year left. DBC is younger and a better goalscorer with Ovechkin getting older.

Seems far fetched and I doubt they would trade him but that would be a great addition.

If DBC is gone then I think you need to get a RW and a LW.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
UFA/Trade - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - UFA/Trade
Joseph - Kastelic - Gauthier

I think that's a solid lineup.

If Gauthier doesn't re-sign I think a few guys are interesting.

Miles Wood
Evan Rodrigues
Garnet Hathaway
Corey Perry

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Would anyone consider trading Debrincat for Tom Wilson with an extension in place?

Washington is retooling it seems and Wilson has a year left. DBC is younger and a better goalscorer with Ovechkin getting older.

Seems far fetched and I doubt they would trade him but that would be a great addition.

I think that's a solid lineup

I think we certainly would, but I doubt Washington would entertain that.

DeBrincat is the better player but Wilson probably has insane value around the league. Look at what far worse players in Anderson and Jeannot have returned in recent years.

Teams do incredibly stupid things to add toughness and Wilson is actually a good player too.

If there's a deal to be made with Washington, which I doubt since Ovie isn't getting kicked off the top PP and plays in the same spot as DeBrincat, it would probably be based around Mantha + 1st + more.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think we certainly would, but I doubt Washington would entertain that.

DeBrincat is the better player but Wilson probably has insane value around the league. Look at what far worse players in Anderson and Jeannot have returned in recent years.

If there's a deal to be made with Washington, which I doubt since Ovie isn't getting kicked off the top PP and plays in the same spot as DeBrincat, it would probably be based around Mantha + 1st + more.

Agreed, makes sense.

Wilson would be a crazy add with Tkachuk.

Reactions: aragorn

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

I can see why physical over non-physical is better, when all else is equal, but guys like Hamonic will often engage physically but lose the battle, while Brannstrom might not engage physically in the same way but can be effective at separating man from puck with his stick.

Someone would have to dig into the data to see how any two players actually compare, but the style of how they gain possession shouldn't be determinative.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I think that's a solid lineup.

If Gauthier doesn't re-sign I think a few guys are interesting.

Miles Wood
Evan Rodrigues
Garnet Hathaway
Corey Perry
A DeBrincat for Wilson trade could work. I argued that before with Washington's old core, the fact that Wilson is in the final year of his contract, and that as an organization they might want to have some younger talent locked up to term for when their old core retires.

One of the most compelling arguments for acquiring Wilson is the fact that the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line looked dominant in the past. With Tkachuk developing strong chemistry with Stuetzle and Giroux, the Sens now need to find the right player to get that 2nd line to be close to as effective as it was with him on it. Wilson could potentially be a good fit and might help make that 2nd line nearly as effective as it was with Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson.

When thinking about the trade people shouldn't just compare the possibility of individual performances and instead look at the net performance of line and team. People can get caught up speculating on DeBrincat's production relative to what Wilson's might be, but I think it is better to consider what gets the best performance out of Norris and Batherson. What ever loss in production might occur through trading DeBrincat might be gained by an increase in performance by Norris and Batherson if Wilson is in fact an ideal fit for them.

With how effective Norris and Batherson have looked with Tkachuk, it leads me to believe that a similar kind of player might be the best fit. Wilson is different but he does have some similar attributes. Maybe he could in fact be an ideal fit with those two and help bring the most out of their play.

Reactions: senswon

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Not sure if there is any truth to this, but thought it could be worth posting.

If Watson is gone I think the Sens look for some replacement toughness. Ryan Reaves or Milan Lucic seem like good targets for a 12th/13th F who can add some toughness to the bottom six.

Lucic will be playing for Team Canada with DJ Smith as one of the assistant coaches so that might lead to him signing with the Sens. He played with Matthew Tkachuk and seemed to be pretty thrilled at the crowd energy that Brady Tkachuk brought when he was a fan in the stands.

If the choice ends up being between Lucic and Reaves, which one do people prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad