Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's good news, I suspect at this stage it's more about family, do he and the wife feel Ottawa is a good city to raise the little one in for the next ~7 years, or do they want to move one or two more times before finding their long term landing spot.
If this wasn’t hockey…. I would agree. But “I’ll let you know” is rarely good. Actually it’s rarely good in any circumstance lol.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
We're in a tough spot re goalie, basically if we want a ~3 million dollar guy we need to move off of Joseph, which will be hard to do, or move on from ADB.

Really need some clarity on the latter before we can address G
Someone like Adin Hill or Laurent Brossoit interest me.

I could see the team targeting a sub 1 million guy like guy like Nedeljkovic, Rittich, Stalock, Hellberg etc.

There will be another goalie carousel this offseason and there's less and less money in the system, so hopefully we can get a better guy for less

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If Debrincat says he's not interested in extending long-term, I'd have to assume it's for family and not hockey reasons. Most likely, he and his wife would like to move closer to the US midwest (or a short flight away) to be near their support network (similar to why Gaudreau landed in CLB). And to extract maximum value, we'd have to trade him to a team where he'd re-sign, so I think the preferred options would be: Detroit, St.Louis and Nashville.

Out of those, St.Louis seems like the best fit. They were in on Meier, and are looking to do a quicker retool around Thomas/Kyrou.

I wonder if we could do:

Debrincat for Saad (3 years left at $4.5M AAV) + Alexei Toropchenko + 2023 1st (from Toronto).

That's probably the best we could hope for. A guy who can step into the top 6 LW spot and score 18-25 goals, a cheap depth player, and a mid to late first rounder.

Reactions: bicboi64

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Crosby might planning leaving Pittsburgh.
Trade: DeBrincat and Joseph for Crosby.
Swayman 3.5. Forsberg 2.75

Sanderson 0.9. Chabot 8
Chychrun 4.6. Zub 4.6
Kleven 0.9 Branny 1.7 Hamonic 1.7 JBD 0.9

Tkachuk 8.3. Stutzle 8.4 Batherson 5
Norris 8. Crosby 8.7. Giroux 6.5
Greig 0.9 Pinto 2.5. Gambrell 1
Kelly .75. Kasty 0.8. Gauthier 1 Watson 1

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Sanderson 0.9. Chabot 8
Chychrun 4.6. Zub 4.6
Kleven 0.9 Branny 1.7 Hamonic 1.7 JBD 0.9

Greig 0.9 Pinto 2.5. Gambrell 1

Lol. If Crosby is "planning" on leaving Pittsburgh, the package would be way more than that. Top prospects + multiple 1sts. Pinto + Greig + Kleven + 3 1sts. The marketing value of bringing in Crosby, alone, make his value astronomical.

Reactions: bicboi64

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Trade a couple of prospects to Boston for Swayman.
Trade Zub for a defenceman prospect or a forward prospect to some team.

Sanderson 0.9. Chabot 8
Chychrun 4.6. Hamonic 1.7
Kleven 0.9 Branny 1.7 JBD 0.9 Guenette 0.9

Formenton 3 Pinto 2.5. Greig 0.9

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Lol. If Crosby is "planning" on leaving Pittsburgh, the package would be way more than that. Top prospects + multiple 1sts. Pinto + Greig + Kleven + 3 1sts. The marketing value of bringing in Crosby, alone, make his value astronomical.
I agree the proposed value isn't close to enough for Crosby, but trading 3 first round picks isn't something you see often in a salary cap constrained NHL (unlike the NBA where teams are like "here's our next decade of draft picks for Kevin Durant" lol)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It’s wild to think that the Wild will have picked more players in the 1st from the time our rebuild started in 2018 than the Sens come this draft (just amount, not quality) while being a playoff team every year but 1. Only 2 less seconds as well.

Minny management has been running a tight, tight ship.

They were always going to get Faber, but able to add a 20 year old soon to be top 4 shutdown D only going to Minny must be nice.

Last edited:

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa

Crosby is done at 35 to be super elite and will be in a major decline. I would not trade him for DeBrincat who is 25. Only if Pens will throw an additional first rounder. Everyone is looking for a young 40 goals scorer. That's additional 5-7 points in a standing for a good team. 1-2 more wins during Stanley cup playoffs.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Batherson from Nova Scotia skates with Crosby in the summer.
Pintos favourite team was Pittsburgh. I am sure Crosby was hiis idol growing up.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Crosby is done at 35 to be super elite and will be in a major decline. I would not trade him for DeBrincat who is 25. Only if Pens will throw an additional first rounder. Everyone is looking for a young 40 goals scorer. That's additional 5-7 points in a standing for a good team. 1-2 more wins during Stanley cup playoffs.
Crosby will continue to be a top 10/15 forward in the league for another 3 years minimum. He’s nowhere near done, and doesn’t look close.

Would cost a significant, significant amount added to DBC, as it should.

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It’s wild to think that the Wild will have picked more players in the 1st from the time our rebuild started in 2018 than the Sens come this draft, while being a playoff team every year but 1. Only 2 less seconds as well.

Minny management has been running a tight, tight ship.

They were always going to get Faber, but able to add a 20 year old soon to be top 4 shutdown D only going to Minny must be nice.

Thought Guerin killed it at the deadline.

Got a 4th+5th for acting as a 3rd party salary retainer for the O'Reilly and Orlov trades.

Traded Greenway, who was playing like garbage, for a 2nd+5th

Traded a 3rd, two 4ths and a 5th for Johansson, Klingberg, Sundqvist and Nyquist

Made his team a lot better without any cost to his team's future.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Crosby will continue to be a top 10/15 forward in the league for another 3 years minimum. He’s nowhere near done, and doesn’t look close.

Would cost a significant, significant amount added to DBC, as it should.

At 35 years old super stars do not get traded . Huge risk. Bigger insurance premium. Just a good reward for 2-3 years It is just a business of hockey. If GMs have a 40 goals scorer at 25 years of age, there is no way the player is tradable if not of major issues. In case of Crosby. GMs would not touch him even with a stick. One for one would benefit only Pittsburg. If they sign DeBrincat long term.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
At 35 years old super stars do not get traded . Huge risk. Bigger insurance premium. Just a good reward for 2-3 years It is just a business of hockey. If GMs have a 40 goals scorer at 25 years of age, there is no way the player is tradable if not of major issues. In case of Crosby. GMs would not touch him even with a stick. One for one would benefit only Pittsburg. If they sign DeBrincat long term.
If Crosby became available, there would be a bidding war that hasn't been seen in ages

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Debrincat extended to Detroit for their 1st round pick.

Then take that pick plus Brannstrom and Joseph to Arizona for Keller

Tkachuk/Stutzle/Giroux
Keller/Norris/Batherson

Done and done

Frees up money to sign Sanderson
I think you would be hard pressed to get much more from Detroit than NYI 1st and a guy like Rasmussen.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Debrincat extended to Detroit for their 1st round pick.

Then take that pick plus Brannstrom and Joseph to Arizona for Keller

Tkachuk/Stutzle/Giroux
Keller/Norris/Batherson

Done and done

Frees up money to sign Sanderson

I think best case scenario we're getting NYI 1st (currently 18th) + a replacement LW like Kubalik or Fabbri + maybe another B/C prospect or a 2nd.

And I don't think the Yotes are trading Keller. Even if they were the last thing we should do is add another 7M+ forward if DeBrincat isn't re-signing.

Need to direct some of those savings towards a solid goalie and maybe to re-signing Hamonic, provided he's not asking for too much salary or term.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Debrincat says he's not interested in extending long-term, I'd have to assume it's for family and not hockey reasons. Most likely, he and his wife would like to move closer to the US midwest (or a short flight away) to be near their support network (similar to why Gaudreau landed in CLB). And to extract maximum value, we'd have to trade him to a team where he'd re-sign, so I think the preferred options would be: Detroit, St.Louis and Nashville.

Out of those, St.Louis seems like the best fit. They were in on Meier, and are looking to do a quicker retool around Thomas/Kyrou.

I wonder if we could do:

Debrincat for Saad (3 years left at $4.5M AAV) + Alexei Toropchenko + 2023 1st (from Toronto).

That's probably the best we could hope for. A guy who can step into the top 6 LW spot and score 18-25 goals, a cheap depth player, and a mid to late first rounder.
Cat for Saad adn the other bits you mentioned would be a solid hockey trade. Saad isn't as good as Cat, but to be our 2LW, he's worth his caphit and gives us time to develop another 2LW or sign someone when our cap situation eases up. I'd be fine with either of NYR or Toronto's pick and an ELC player like Toropchenko or a prospect like Brady Lyle.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Thought Guerin killed it at the deadline.

Got a 4th+5th for acting as a 3rd party salary retainer for the O'Reilly and Orlov trades.

Traded Greenway, who was playing like garbage, for a 2nd+5th

Traded a 3rd, two 4ths and a 5th for Johansson, Klingberg, Sundqvist and Nyquist

Made his team a lot better without any cost to his team's future.
I've never eaten as much crow as i've had to as much as I have criticizing Guerin. When he did those buy outs, i thought he would go down as one of the worst GMs in history. Like who can compete with $12 million in dead cap. He could've easily used the next few years to tank and waste away Kaprizov's best years, but he's found a way to get good deals signed for his core and some steals. He's robbed some gm's in trades, acted as a 3rd party to acquire draft picks so they can try to keep a pipeline flowing and the team is competitive.

Granted the Wild could still end up sucking for the enxt couple years, but he's done a solid job with his self imposed limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad