Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Cat for Saad adn the other bits you mentioned would be a solid hockey trade. Saad isn't as good as Cat, but to be our 2LW, he's worth his caphit and gives us time to develop another 2LW or sign someone when our cap situation eases up. I'd be fine with either of NYR or Toronto's pick and an ELC player like Toropchenko or a prospect like Brady Lyle.

Saad has a 12 team NTC and probably wouldn't want to come here.

Speaking of teams who killed it at the deadline - the Blues picked up Vrana, Kapanen and Blais for nothing, and they put up a combined 27 goals and 48 points down the stretch.

While the Blues were reportedly interested in Meier, I doubt they'd be interested in adding DeBrincat now. They've pretty much filled all their forward spots for next season and have little money left over.

Reactions: bicboi64

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Speaking of teams who killed it at the deadline - the Blues picked up Vrana, Kapanen and Blais for nothing, and they put up a combined 27 goals and 48 points down the stretch.

While the Blues were reportedly interested in Meier, I doubt they'd be interested in adding DeBrincat now. They've pretty much filled all their forward spots for next season and have little money left over.
And Zach Dean, who would be far and away our top prospect

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I dunno man, I think we have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Blues do. If Saad still wants some playoff hockey he might waive. I'd love to have Vrana on our team, really wish we had acquired him for cheap earlier on than the Blues did, would've been some cheap depth for us.

You're last point is valid though, Blues probably don't even call for Cat unless they aggressively retool, and they'd have cap space to sign Cat.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

So according to you nobody is interested in moving any players
So what do you suggest?
Riding DBC to UFA?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So according to you nobody is interested in moving any players
So what do you suggest?
Riding DBC to UFA?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out that players with NTCs likely won't waive to come here, especially if they are Americans that have played their whole careers in the U.S (Saad, Gibson, etc...).

DeBrincat didn't have an NTC and couldn't block a trade here, but had he had one he probably would have had Ottawa on his list, like 90% of players.

Just the reality of being a small market Canadian team.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Saad only has a 12 team NTC in the last year of his contract (25/26). He can be traded anywhere this summer.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That's not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out that players with NTCs likely won't waive to come here, especially if they are Americans that have played their whole careers in the U.S (Saad, Gibson, etc...).

DeBrincat didn't have an NTC and couldn't block a trade here, but had he had one he probably would have had Ottawa on his list, like 90% of players.

Just the reality of being a small market Canadian team.
Keller NTC kicks in only next year
Fits the age of this core
I would totally add to DBC to get him
Better production and less money
We were 18th in Goals per games last season
Add Norris + growth maybe we go to 10
Substract DBC we go back
We need scoring
Hamonic we will find a way to make it work and add a 1-2MM$ UFA goalie
Not worth paying 5 for a goalie its too unstable of a position imo
Just my opinion

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Anyone think there would be a longshot chance at Dubois? Would be amazing fit for our team, he knows Chabby (not sure how well or if they're friends), and is the ideal replacement for DBC. we flip DBC when he decides he wants to go back home, use those pics plus more to aquire, and then use him as a LW.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Anyone think there would be a longshot chance at Dubois? Would be amazing fit for our team, he knows Chabby (not sure how well or if they're friends), and is the ideal replacement for DBC. we flip DBC when he decides he wants to go back home, use those pics plus more to aquire, and then use him as a LW.
Big no from me, he could even sign a bargain contract but it doesn't seem like he's worked out his issues that were present in CBJ and there's always going to be that threat of wanting to go to MTL.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
On a side note, if LA can't go deep, I wonder if Blake would make a "win now" move and aggressively try to bolster their line up. Their D is set and with only Korpisalo needing to get a big raise, Vilardi needs one too but he'll be easier to bridge since his season was cut short with injuries.

If Cat is too expensive for us, maybe the anonymity of being in LA can help us make a hockey trade. Maybe Cat (signed) for Arvidsson, Grundstrom and Iafallo. Throw in some draft picks or prospects to balance it out. LA has prospects galore as well. We get some depth in Iafallo and Grundstrom, and a legit second line winger in Arvidsson, who isn't as good as Cat, but a serviceable 2nd line winger.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
On a side note, if LA can't go deep, I wonder if Blake would make a "win now" move and aggressively try to bolster their line up. Their D is set and with only Korpisalo needing to get a big raise, Vilardi needs one too but he'll be easier to bridge since his season was cut short with injuries.

If Cat is too expensive for us, maybe the anonymity of being in LA can help us make a hockey trade. Maybe Cat (signed) for Arvidsson, Grundstrom and Iafallo. Throw in some draft picks or prospects to balance it out. LA has prospects galore as well. We get some depth in Iafallo and Grundstrom, and a legit second line winger in Arvidsson, who isn't as good as Cat, but a serviceable 2nd line winger.

Terrible trade for Ottawa.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
DeBrincat for Saros and Trenin is about as good I can come up with right now.

I’d love to grab Buchnevich from St. Louis but I don’t know how a DeBrincat/Buchnevich swap could work. St. Louis would need to add but their roster construction makes that difficult unless you add Binnington. And that’s a huge risk.

• Wow
Reactions: bicboi64

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
DeBrincat for Saros and Trenin is about as good I can come up with right now.

I’d love to grab Buchnevich from St. Louis but I don’t know how a DeBrincat/Buchnevich swap could work. St. Louis would need to add but their roster construction makes that difficult unless you add Binnington. And that’s a huge risk.
You're going to be extremely, extremely disappointed in what DBC is returning, because it won't be anything like Saros or Buchnevich

Reactions: GCK

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You're going to be extremely, extremely disappointed in what DBC is returning, because it won't be anything like Saros or Buchnevich
I don't see Nsh trading Soros, but generally speaking goalies don't really get strong returns, not sure what he'd command as a return

Varlimov and Schneider are the only trades of a goalie I can think of going back 20 years with a return that imo clearly exceeds the value we are likely to get for DeBrincat

Reactions: BondraTime

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Don't Crosby and Giroux hate each other? Not sure they'd want to be linemates
Being raised a flyers fan I can confidently say that the passion of hate died a long time ago between them. If we are being honest, it either started to fade when they both were on team Canada for the world cup of hockey or after a few years of seeing each other at all star weekends. Whichever came first, both contributed to fade of the intensity of hatred. Eventually the flyers lost all steam competitivly as well and all remaining energy in the rivalry faded.

They did have an epic stretch where the energy of hate was evident. Like one season regular and post, whichever season the Harlem shake became popular, every single game they played was epic. Crazy stuff just always seemed to happen when they played each other.

Now though? They are probably friends. Maybe not best buds, but there is definitely no reason to hate each other. Both played a role in each others career because of how wild those penguins vs flyers games got back in the day. Since that the energry died and both players got older, I would imagine they both probably remember that time fondly. Like reliving the glory days.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Word is Dubois wants to play for MTL only

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

LA is looking to bolster scoring from their left side from what I understand and we could use a RD like Roy as an upgrade over Hamonic. They are in win now mode with lots of prospect capital. On top of that they have an excellent bottom 6 group and it would be nice to pry someone like Iafallo away.

Other than cap issues which are usually solvable in the offseason I think they are a perfect trade partner. Too bad they probably aren't interested in Brannstrom to make the trade even sweeter as Durzi, Spence and Brannstrom would be too small for half a D corps. But still, I'd love to see a big trade centred around Dcat for Roy and a solid bottom 6 player and Zac MacEwen as a throw in.

Or DCat + Kleven for Brandt Clarke + Trevor Moore (salary reasons) +

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

I know. I hope/think DeBrincat actually plays the whole season out in Ottawa and walks as a UFA. I would believe new ownership wants to win and will be willing to spend next off-season when there’s a better UFA class.

Should he get traded I’m expecting a Fiala lite return. 1st in the 20’s and a prospect who is good, but is a few players removed from being a top prospect.

We might get lucky though and end up with a premium asset in return if it goes that sideways.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
LA is looking to bolster scoring from their left side from what I understand and we could use a RD like Roy as an upgrade over Hamonic. They are in win now mode with lots of prospect capital. On top of that they have an excellent bottom 6 group and it would be nice to pry someone like Iafallo away.

Other than cap issues which are usually solvable in the offseason I think they are a perfect trade partner. Too bad they probably aren't interested in Brannstrom to make the trade even sweeter as Durzi, Spence and Brannstrom would be too small for half a D corps. But still, I'd love to see a big trade centred around Dcat for Roy and a solid bottom 6 player and Zac MacEwen as a throw in.

Or DCat + Kleven for Brandt Clarke + Trevor Moore (salary reasons) +
I think Clarke is untouchable for them. I'm good to get some depth out of LA in any position though. If we can get Roy, we won't really need one of Thomson or JBD. I'd also want to ensure we can get an adequate top 9 winger from them, not sure they move Moore since they just extended him but I'd prefer someone younger like Grundstrom.

Cat+Thomson for Roy, Iafallo, and Grundstrom. Would give us enough cap space to extend Brannstrom and get a vet goalie on a 1-year deal.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Anyone have thoughts on Stolarz? Had a positive GSAx60 on a putrid Anaheim team and had a great back up year prior, seems like he could be a cheap option with some upside to insulate Sogaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad