Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Actually upon further inspection it looks like he has a full NTC and it only drops to a 12 team NTC in the last year.

Ah my mistake. In that case Saad probably isn't an option.

But my main point was if we're trading him, our best bet is to try and get an older, lesser (someone who can score 45-55 points) 2nd line player who makes between $4-5.5M AAV as part of the return, alongside a pick/prospect.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lol. If Crosby is "planning" on leaving Pittsburgh, the package would be way more than that. Top prospects + multiple 1sts. Pinto + Greig + Kleven + 3 1sts. The marketing value of bringing in Crosby, alone, make his value astronomical.

I get that Crosby is a generational talent and face of the NHL for years and all that....but anyone who trades that package for a 35-year-old Crosby needs to be shot into the sun.

Let other teams desperate for a big name go into a bidding war for him.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I think Clarke is untouchable for them. I'm good to get some depth out of LA in any position though. If we can get Roy, we won't really need one of Thomson or JBD. I'd also want to ensure we can get an adequate top 9 winger from them, not sure they move Moore since they just extended him but I'd prefer someone younger like Grundstrom.

Cat+Thomson for Roy, Iafallo, and Grundstrom. Would give us enough cap space to extend Brannstrom and get a vet goalie on a 1-year deal.
LA need to give new contracts to Gavrikov, Koprisallo and Vilardi.
Also, Kings needs size and physicality.
They have no need for DCat at all.

Reactions: bicboi64

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Moving DeBrincat in a sign and trade or a trade with an extension is not going to be easy to getwhat we may think is equal value back.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Moving DeBrincat in a sign and trade or a trade with an extension is not going to be easy to getwhat we may think is equal value back.

The way I look at it is 1) we’re gonna lose the trade but 2) we can still help round out this roster in the process

Either we get good cap space, or we get an okay replacement + some cap space

Even if the value is not there we can make out okay

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The way I look at it is 1) we’re gonna lose the trade but 2) we can still help round out this roster in the process

This team needs to replenish some futures big time. You cant have no picks for 2 years in a row when you arent contending. They also need cap space. @GCK is right should be a futures deal.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Trading Debrincat for picks makes no sense imo unless we have a Giroux 2.0 up our sleeves. We need picks, but we just gave up futures for him. Trading him away for futures would just be one step forward, one step back.

Now, if we can get a solid middle 6er on a decent contract for very little value, that's another story.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Trading Debrincat for picks makes no sense imo unless we have a Giroux 2.0 up our sleeves
He isnt even the type of player they are missing. Got caved in at 5 on 5 they need a high compete play driver that makes less money. They have Norris coming back there isnt even a spot on the first pp for Debrincat. The make up of this years sens was flawed. Too many similar type players. Debrincat, Giroux and Batherson are all very similar players. It clearly didnt work having two on the same line. Theres going to be natural progression for Pinto too.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

We should. It'll be an interesting dynamic in the state of flux re ownership and the board on what salary and term Dorion takes back in a trade if that's the route things are going.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This team needs to replenish some futures big time. You cant have no picks for 2 years in a row when you arent contending. They also need cap space. @GCK is right should be a futures deal.
Yes, BUT Dorion has a plan (Plan D?) and it is unfolding as he believes it should (not saying playoffs, but "meaningful games")!

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He isnt even the type of player they are missing. Got caved in at 5 on 5 they need a high compete play driver that makes less money. They have Norris coming back there isnt even a spot on the first pp for Debrincat. The make up of this years sens was flawed. Too many similar type players. Debrincat, Giroux and Batherson are all very similar players. It clearly didnt work having two on the same line. Theres going to be natural progression for Pinto too.
I'd be totally fine trading Debrincat, I just think it makes more sense to add a player as a key part of the return.

Having an established player come back would help us more next year (obviously) but will also make it easier to make a trade. I'd hope for a player who is actually a legit top 9er.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I love Cat. I hope he extends. I'd prefer Cat over Batherson in my line up.
Which I’m sure many people would.

Difference between the 2 is probably a 3.5-4 million dollar guy somewhere else in the lineup along with Batherson, which the Sens desperately need.

Sens will definitely be looking for someone to step in, and likely at a cheap cap hit.

I’m expecting a now/futures package. Nothing to write home about in either side.

Late 1st/2nd plus a depth piece, or a young player who can grow into the team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd be totally fine trading Debrincat, I just think it makes more sense to add a player as a key part of the return.

Having an established player come back would help us more next year (obviously) but will also make it easier to make a trade. I'd hope for a player who is actually a legit top 9er.
I would rather go a different route to find the player as this team needs some futures. You cant have nothing coming when they are going to need to either fill holes with ELC's or need assets to trade for a difference maker when the time is right.

You just know if the Sens trade DeBrincat its going to be a Mikkel Boedker type return.
Which is why they have to take the keys away from the guy who makes those trades. Pierre Dorion gotta go he is the issue here folks.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If DeBrincat is traded I would expect the most interested suitors to be DET, CAR, NSH and ANA.

Those teams have enough cap space to throw a 8x8 contract at DeBrincat and keep him long-term, assuming he'd be interested in signing with them.

Fabbri/Kubalik + NYI 1st
Rees + CAR 1st
Trenin + EDM 1st
Comtois + ANA 2nd

That's the type of package I would expect coming back. Maybe add a C prospect or an extra 2nd/3rd to the package if the team gets to discuss an extension pre-trade (like Dorion should have done) and confirms interest in a long-term deal.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You just know if the Sens trade DeBrincat its going to be a Mikkel Boedker type return.

Still can't believe that happened.

To recap:

- Florida was interested enough in Hoffman to trade a 2nd+ for him
- Dorion didn't want to trade him in the division for some inexplicable reason
- Decides to trade him for a far worse player and a cap dump in Boedker
- Doug Wilson actually has the stones to request the Sens downgrade a pick for the priviledge of swapping the two players
- Immediately afterwards Wilson trades him back in the Sens division to Florida for a 2nd+

One of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen from a GM.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

To recap:

- Doug Wilson actually has the stones to request the Sens downgrade a pick for the priviledge of swapping the two players
- Immediately afterwards Wilson trades him back in the Sens division to Florida for a 2nd+

The story at the time was Dorion wanted a roster player and Talon only wanted to give up picks.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

To recap:

You're like that guy at the bar, talking to anyone within earshot but no one in particular, oblivious to the fact that no one around you gives a shit.

Still dissecting a trade from 5 years ago? Jesus Christ...

Here's a fun challenge: without googling it, can you name the player who the Sharks drafted with that 2019 2nd round pick?

Reactions: JD1

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

To recap:

It was a near fireable offense for Dorion IMO.

And then I cursed Doug Wilson with a mighty Egyptian curse and that ended up sticking (just because I didn't like his tactics and was butthurt). I haven't lifted it yet, not sure I need to anymore.

Reactions: bicboi64

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You're like that guy at the bar, talking to anyone within earshot but no one in particular, oblivious to the fact that no one around you gives a shit.

Still dissecting a trade from 5 years ago? Jesus Christ...

Here's a fun challenge: without googling it, can you name the player who the Sharks drafted with that 2019 2nd round pick?

You seem to get really upset when Dorion's previous failings as GM get pointed out.

I'm sure you'd prefer no one realize what a piss poor job he did during his early years as GM, but I'd hope more rational minds take his full track record of GM into consideration when judging whether he' done a good job or not overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad