Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
First goalie to be linked this summer per Friedman on his 32 Thoughts blog.

That's just speculation from Friedman.

Gibson has a NTC and Ottawa is almost certainly on it.

Plus if he wants to win a cup there are certainly better options. We haven't even proven to be a playoff team.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
[
That's just speculation from Friedman.

Gibson has a NTC and Ottawa is almost certainly on it.

Plus if he wants to win a cup there are certainly better options. We haven't even proven to be a playoff team.
I have zero interest in Gibson but other than Buffalo who would take that contract.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
[
I have zero interest in Gibson but other than Buffalo who would take that contract.

I don't think his contract is bad, assuming he's still a #1.

His numbers have been very pedestrian the last 4 years but he's also been playing on a bottom feeder.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don't think his contract is bad, assuming he's still a #1.

His numbers have been very pedestrian the last 4 years but he's also been playing on a bottom feeder.
He looks the part of a goalie who has lost it. He may regain his form but I’ve seen the downside of hoping a 6M+ 4 year contract works with a goalie looking to rebound.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not wise to trade debrincat with giroux retiring and Batherson maybe potentially facing a lengthy suspension. Imagine we lose all three. Who’s playing wing then?

He looks the part of a goalie who has lost it. He may regain his form but I’ve seen the downside of hoping a 6M+ 4 year contract works with a goalie looking to rebound.
Don’t want Gibson at all. We don’t need a reclamation project. We need to be smart.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
John Gibson is a name, but he's been bad the last couple of years. Yes, he's played on a bottom feeder, but his goals saved above expected/60 is bad. It's not just his team. At his cost, he'd be a bad move.

Any of these guys would be better and cheaper:
- Karel Vejmelka
- Semyon Varlamov
- Freddie Andersen
- Antti Raanta
- Ilya Samsonov
- Joonas Korpisalo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
John Gibson is a name, but he's been bad the last couple of years. Yes, he's played on a bottom feeder, but his goals saved above expected/60 is bad. It's not just his team. At his cost, he'd be a bad move.

Any of these guys would be better and cheaper:
- Karel Vejmelka
- Semyon Varlamov
- Freddie Andersen
- Antti Raanta
- Ilya Samsonov
- Joonas Korpisalo
Vejmelka won’t be easy to acquire. Samsonov very likely getting Re signed. Same with korpisalo

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Definitely not how I take these platitudes from players, but in the eye of the beholder
Not really, it’s in the eye of the guy who said it. The rest is just bullshit speculation.

Let’s say debrincat says “I’ll sign here long term 8x8 but I want my 9 million dollar year now” or whatever the case may be. Can he sign the QO and then immediately sign the 8 year extension. So he gets the 9 million and then makes his 8 after that
They would just make his first year 9 mill and it would go down from there. He’s not going to get 9 on a one year deal from anyone.

Reactions: King Karl

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe they could do something like $7.5 for 2 yrs & $8 for the next 6 yrs. After the first two yrs Giroux will likely be done at 37 yrs old & DBC could replace him on the top line RW.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I've always liked Gibson

probably doesn't make any sense but I'm a fan, send Joseph their way, please

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I’m curious who we are going to bring in on the third line.. I really hope we bring in someone who can help Pinto and possibly Grieg, like Giroux did with Stützle and Tkachuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad