Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Flyer fans think if they package both Schenn's together, they'll get Zibanejad, Cowen and Ryan :facepalm:

Are they stoned?

If they packaged both Schenn brothers together, they'd still have to add at least a 2nd pick to just get Cowen and Zibanejad, and that's if Murray is willing to be undercut.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
I don't know how someone can watch every game and not realize that Spezza's line being stuck in the D-zone for minutes at a time is the fault of Spezza, rather than his wingers. It's been the same problem all year no matter who the wingers on that line are, and Spezza's been the only constant there all year. Conacher has looked good on every line but Spezza's, but as soon as he gets put on that line they just get hemmed into the defensive zone for their entire shift (despite starting in the offensive zone half the time).

It's about time to admit that it's a Spezza problem, not a winger problem.

Hell, you can't look at this and tell me that the problem is Spezza's lack of a winger:
BYw0zpRCMAAxHDn.png:large

e: The only person who's actually played BETTER with Spezza is Michalek, and by the slimmest of margins. And they were still both atrocious, carrying only ~45% even strength possession.

Conacher and Zibanejad both went from being among the best possession players on the team away from Spezza, to being sub-50% with Spezza.
Spezza plays a lazy defensive game. He seldom swings low for a breakout pass. Centers usually swing low if the boards arent an option. Spezza likes to be high which means the d pass to the wingers who are usually covered. This makes the d look like crap for not having a tight option. Long passes take longer and are much more often picked off.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I wouldn't want the schenn brothers for free.

I wouldn't mind Brayden Schenn for free (I'd do flips... and then fall and hurt myself because I'm not a gymnast and can't do flips >.<)

I wouldn't mind a trade that brought Brayden Schenn here... but no deal if Ryan goes the other way. Zero chance.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Spezza plays a lazy defensive game. He seldom swings low for a breakout pass. Centers usually swing low if the boards arent an option. Spezza likes to be high which means the d pass to the wingers who are usually covered. This makes the d look like crap for not having a tight option. Long passes take longer and are much more often picked off.

That certainly explains why the D looks like **** the other 42 minutes of the game.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
What if...Stache were to sit Spezza? Maybe put the focus on other forwards to perform (and show Spezza that he's not irreplaceable).

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
What about Martin Erat on the Caps? He's being underused and has scoring touch (12%S). I think he would look good on Spezza's right wing.

Make it so.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
What if...Stache were to sit Spezza? Maybe put the focus on other forwards to perform (and show Spezza that he's not irreplaceable).

I agree. Let's sit the guy with 9 goals 18pts and keep running out his line mates so they can keep lighting it up.
How about michalek, conacher, greening?
How about Cowen or Phillips.

If only Spezza weren't playing those guys would all be so much better.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I agree. Let's sit the guy with 9 goals 18pts and keep running out his line mates so they can keep lighting it up.
How about michalek, conacher, greening?
How about Cowen or Phillips.

If only Spezza weren't playing those guys would all be so much better.

Spezza and/or Michalek caused Timonen's winning goal last night. Otherwise Spezz did doodley-squat in slo-mo. Time to trade in yer #19 jersey for the next THANG. (Turris is #1 centre). I would bench Michalek too, and dress some jam from Bingo.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Spezza and/or Michalek caused Timonen's winning goal last night. Otherwise Spezz did doodley-squat in slo-mo. Time to trade in yer #19 jersey for the next THANG. (Turris is #1 centre). I would bench Michalek too, and dress some jam from Bingo.
What horse crap. Spezza went with his man, Michalek pealed off Timonen and thought Karlsson would pick him up. Karlsson stayed with the guy in front of the net. Go ahead and blame Milan and Eric but not Spezza. He did his job.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
He traded Filip Forsberg for Erat and would never get that kind of return back.

Maybe he 'd like to get rid of Erat, as a constant reminder of the bad Forsberg trade?! It looks like Erat's not getting enuf icetime or PP, with 0 goals so far.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
What horse crap. Spezza went with his man, Michalek pealed off Timonen and thought Karlsson would pick him up. Karlsson stayed with the guy in front of the net. Go ahead and blame Milan and Eric but not Spezza. He did his job.

Did you actually WATCH the play? Spezza skated right past Timonen on his way to the net, and coulda dosey-doed with him if it were a squaredance.:rant:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Did you actually WATCH the play? Spezza skated right past Timonen on his way to the net, and coulda dosey-doed with him if it were a squaredance.:rant:
DID YOU??? Spezza was following his man out away from the net. Michalek had Timonen and let him go and Karlsson stood like a pylon. Yeah but go ahead and blame Spezza because its all his fault isn't it.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Well Binghamton just reassigned Rutkowski to Elmira...could possibly be making room for one of Ottawa's players being demoted now. :dunno:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Well Binghamton just reassigned Rutkowski to Elmira...could possibly be making room for one of Ottawa's players being demoted now. :dunno:

Too bad. Rutkowski showed some nice offensive flashes during Sens rookie tournament this year in London.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I got a feeling we make a trade for a dman soon and try to band aid the top six with vinny prospal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad