Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Why are people so eager to send Grant back to Bingo? IMO he's been an excellent addition to the bottom six and PK.

Role players tend to be de-valued here. He has not put up goals, therefore he must have little or no value. I agree with your slant, simply because I remember the atrocious PK in the first few games before he was called up.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Grant has been awesome.

Seamless transition from the AHL to the NHL. The points haven't come yet, but he's handling the puck well and has gotten a couple chances. With his size and speed he'll develop into a decent offensive player, just needs a little more time to get used to the NHL game.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Macarthur Turris Ryan
Pageau Spezza Zibanejad
Hoffman DaCosta Stone/Condra
Greening Smith Neil

in: Hoffman, Dacosta, Pageau, Stone/Condra
out: Grant, Michalek, Conacher, Condra/Stone

there. do that. someone else can solve the disaster that is our defence.

There would be no need to take care of the defense you made a huge mess of our forwards :)

WhiteLight*

meh, Grant hasn't been that good. He's been fine for a 4th liner, but hasn't been spectacular. He's shown flashes of good, and flashes of bad, but most of the time has been invisible.

He's been fine but I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to Bingo and calling up a player who will have more impact.

Berserker*

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 5h
Teams tell me Senators GM Bryan Murray has been working the phones. Club needs help on defence. Inconsistency has gone on for a month #Sens

Sounds like Murray is at least trying to make a trade.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Role players tend to be de-valued here. He has not put up goals, therefore he must have little or no value. I agree with your slant, simply because I remember the atrocious PK in the first few games before he was called up.

Devalued I'm thinking overvalued, people want to rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic thinking it will fix things LMAO. If you think changing a couple of spare parts will change the fortunes of this team then I think it would have been already done. Grant has been good but oh no he has no goals and our penalty kill hasnt been good, send him down. Do people really watch the games or do they just look at stats to form an opinion ?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
meh, Grant hasn't been that good. He's been fine for a 4th liner, but hasn't been spectacular. He's shown flashes of good, and flashes of bad, but most of the time has been invisible.

He's been fine but I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to Bingo and calling up a player who will have more impact.

Lol, how many spectacular fourth liners are there in the NHL? WTF do some of you even say? This forum sometimes...my God.

Milan the God*

Flyer fans think if they package both Schenn's together, they'll get Zibanejad, Cowen and Ryan :facepalm:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
There would be no need to take care of the defense you made a huge mess of our forwards :)

lol, could it really be any worse :)

Why are people so eager to send Grant back to Bingo? IMO he's been an excellent addition to the bottom six and PK.

while i had him out of the lineup, its not really that he's performing badly its more the kind of game id like the team to play, and the number of centers we have.
We have a lot of guys who are OK but dont really have an impact, and he can be sent down without losing him.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Grant has been good. Our forwards have been okay on the most part looking at PF.

It's our defence that needs help.

Milan the God*

Ahaha. I wouldn't trade Zibby or Ryan individually for both.

Agreed.

I think Brayden Schenn is overrated because of all the hype before the 2009 draft of him being Luke Schenn's brother (who's garbage...but played for Toronto). He doesn't have any real game-breaking abilities, and I think he's simply average or a little above average in most areas. Luke Schenn is a bottom pairing defenseman who struggles every time I watch them play.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
also if Grant stays then that means smith centers the 3rd line which i dont like as a combo.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Ya it could IMHO adding more rookies to this mess could only stunt there development. Change needs to be made to some core veteran pieces or it will only be a lateral move. Think BIG man :laugh:Something needs to be done to shake the foundation.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
No no no..........................

Flyer fans think if they package both Schenn's together, they'll get Zibanejad, Cowen and Ryan :facepalm:

"Milan":

Good GOD NO NO NO.

Scary thought 1st off Ryan is going nowhere I doubt they move Zibby, & Cowen as they hyped him up so big I doubt they trade him......

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002

Ya it could IMHO adding more rookies to this mess could only stunt there development. Change needs to be made to some core veteran pieces or it will only be a lateral move. Think BIG man :laugh:Something needs to be done to shake the foundation.

Dont get me wrong, feel free to eject Michalek and Phillips into space.
Neil although he's slowed this year is still the only forward that hits with an intensity.
Spezza fills a very difficult need to replace and presents any number of very awkward obstacles if we even did want to move him, and even though not playing his best is still putting up points.

What core players are left?
I would think moving out Michalek, Conacher, and Phillips would signify BIG :)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The idea that Ottawa would even consider trading Ryan for anything other than two or three times what he's worth is laughable in an NHL 13 Be A GM mode trade sort of way.

WhiteLight*

Lol, how many spectacular fourth liners are there in the NHL? WTF do some of you even say? This forum sometimes...my God.

relatively speaking, a decent amount.

there would be more of them if Ottawa called up its better players.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Dont get me wrong, feel free to eject Michalek and Phillips into space.
Neil although he's slowed this year is still the only forward that hits with an intensity.
Spezza fills a very difficult need to replace and presents any number of very awkward obstacles if we even did want to move him, and even though not playing his best is still putting up points.

What core players are left?
I would think moving out Michalek, Conacher, and Phillips would signify BIG :)

Neil is a very good forth line player that serves a purpose. Conacher is not a core guy and moving him would not make a ripple. Greening, Michalek, And maybe a center because that is a position of great depth on this team. NOBODY should be exempt if the right package is offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad