Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
People always underrate good puck movers, as they get a reputation as being bad defensively. When you can move the puck well as a team, you don't have to defend very often. I miss the days of have 3-4 good puck movers on defense. Spezza in particular has always really benefitted from having offense from the blue line. He utilizes them really well through the neutral zone.

Completely agree. People think we need defensive D we need puck movers who can help our breakout all our problems stem from being pinned in our own end because the team failed to get the puck out. MDZ would be a great add for Ottawa if they want to keep Wiercioch in purgatory forever.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Completely agree. People think we need defensive D we need puck movers who can help our breakout all our problems stem from being pinned in our own end because the team failed to get the puck out. MDZ would be a great add for Ottawa if they want to keep Wiercioch in purgatory forever.

Wiercioch can't skate well enough to be an effective puck mover unfortunately. He also can't make plays under pressure, so the coaching staff isn't quite sure what to do with him.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Wiercioch can't skate well enough to be an effective puck mover unfortunately. He also can't make plays under pressure, so the coaching staff isn't quite sure what to do with him.

I think that's the issue right now with wiercioch. He needs experience to become more comfortable under pressure, but the team is desperate for wins so he's sitting.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

Surely he's a better option the the current trainwreck. (well he's finally drawing in tonight so we'll have to see)

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Surely he's a better option the the current trainwreck. (well he's finally drawing in tonight so we'll have to see)

The issue is, at least Gryba can kill penalties/clear the crease. Wiercioch right now brings nothing to the lineup, he needs space to create anything, and he's completely incapable of generating that space.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
A young Kuba.

I do see the similarities and I'm hopeful that's how he'll develop. Sean Donovan has mentioned several times on the radio how he had a really entitled/poor attitude when he came up in 2011. That concerns me greatly, it might be partly why he appears to be in Maclean's doghouse.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
At this point I'd rather see Gryba stay in and Wiercioch replace Cowen. Cowen has been abysmal while Gryba, for all the hate he gets, really hasn't looked THAT bad to me.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Not that anyone asked, but here's some info so you all can get some Rangers' fan insight without having to read through the nonsense on our board:

The Rangers are considering moving Del Zotto for a few reasons, and few of them have to do with his actual performance per se. One is that the emergence of McDonagh as a PP option has pushed MDZ out of that role. Two, he's been playing the right-side with Staal for much of the season and last year, and he's just not capable of doing it. Three, he's just not going to unseat Staal or McDonagh for a spot on the left side top-two pairings. Four, the Rangers love players who can skate, and hence they view John Moore as a potential poor man's Ryan McDonagh. All of those things combined are what ultimately pushed MDZ out of the lineup.

As for the team needs, they're pretty simple: Scoring. Either in the form of a RHD who can be an impact player on the PP, or a forward who is, or can grow into a scorer. We're really not in need of splitting Del Zotto into multiple depth pieces. We have enough fringe talent floating around the lineup as it is. We're tight on cap space, so the money has to be close, and we're even tighter next year as we have to re-sign a lot of core players, so pending UFA's probably aren't high on the list.

Hope that doesn't crush anyone's dreams, or rub anyone the wrong way. I come in peace, ha.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
At this point I'd rather see Gryba stay in and Wiercioch replace Cowen. Cowen has been abysmal while Gryba, for all the hate he gets, really hasn't looked THAT bad to me.

Gryba is who he is. Not great but consistent. Hes fine as a number 6. Also surprises me Cowen hasn't been scratched yet . Sometimes a couple games from up top can help a young player out.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Gryba's hesitation with the puck is murdering this team's possession numbers. He doesn't even give his teammates a chance to make a play on the puck when he passes it or makes a play. Him and Cowen are vortexes of offense when they get the puck.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Gryba's hesitation with the puck is murdering this team's possession numbers. He doesn't even give his teammates a chance to make a play on the puck when he passes it or makes a play. Him and Cowen are vortexes of offense when they get the puck.

Difference is Gryba was expected to be a mediocre 6-7 d man this year. He is holding up his end of the bargain. Cowen and wier were given more money and more responsibility and have not lived up to it so far.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Not that anyone asked, but here's some info so you all can get some Rangers' fan insight without having to read through the nonsense on our board:

The Rangers are considering moving Del Zotto for a few reasons, and few of them have to do with his actual performance per se. One is that the emergence of McDonagh as a PP option has pushed MDZ out of that role. Two, he's been playing the right-side with Staal for much of the season and last year, and he's just not capable of doing it. Three, he's just not going to unseat Staal or McDonagh for a spot on the left side top-two pairings. Four, the Rangers love players who can skate, and hence they view John Moore as a potential poor man's Ryan McDonagh. All of those things combined are what ultimately pushed MDZ out of the lineup.

As for the team needs, they're pretty simple: Scoring. Either in the form of a RHD who can be an impact player on the PP, or a forward who is, or can grow into a scorer. We're really not in need of splitting Del Zotto into multiple depth pieces. We have enough fringe talent floating around the lineup as it is. We're tight on cap space, so the money has to be close, and we're even tighter next year as we have to re-sign a lot of core players, so pending UFA's probably aren't high on the list.

Hope that doesn't crush anyone's dreams, or rub anyone the wrong way. I come in peace, ha.
Sens have the same problem on defense. Need a righty for the 2nd pair.

Michalek and Conacher are the only players I could see fit the Rangers need.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Id rather have a player who is +10 but less a point a game player... than have a guy who is -10 at a point a game. The result from having a good plus minus is winning games. If you score 4 and they score 7 the team with 7 wins every night of the week.

IMO
Turris is neither a +10 player over 20 games with Michalek/Conacher/Greening nor would he be a point a game player.
Spezza would be a PPG + player and + player if his career +80 is any indication playing with Ryan and Macarthur.

I love Turris, he's playing great.
I love Spezza and he's not playing up to his historic abilities, yet they are 2 or 3 pts apart.
How about getting Spezza a little support if he's struggling?? that's no fun - the fun is Sh!#%ing all over Spezza regardless of play, situation, context, effort level etcetc

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa

Go back and look where the Ottawa forwards were on the Simmons goal. You could cover them with a Hulu Hoop. NO output option at all other than icing it. Probably should have iced it. Forwards need to support. On the other goal he put it around the boards to an absent winger. Again option not there. I agree he takes to long to find NO options.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Difference is Gryba was expected to be a mediocre 6-7 d man this year. He is holding up his end of the bargain. Cowen and wier were given more money and more responsibility and have not lived up to it so far.

I wouldn't say anyone on our defense is holding up his end of the bargain.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I wouldn't say anyone on our defense is holding up his end of the bargain.

I personally don't have a problem with gryba because I never expected much from him. He should not be an everyday player. If used sparingly I think he is fine. Our main problem to me is everyone slotted 3-5 is also playing at rhe standard of a rotational dman that we expected more out of.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I think Del Zotto would fit in nicely in Ottawa's top 4. That said I don't know we're in a good position to make a trade given the relative needs. You guys don't have the capspace for someone like Michalek and I'd rather not move someone like Conacher or Hoffman.

Though I could see something like Conacher + a 2nd, or Hoffman + a 2nd for Del Zotto.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Macarthur Turris Ryan
Pageau Spezza Zibanejad
Hoffman DaCosta Stone/Condra
Greening Smith Neil

in: Hoffman, Dacosta, Pageau, Stone/Condra
out: Grant, Michalek, Conacher, Condra/Stone

there. do that. someone else can solve the disaster that is our defence.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Why are people so eager to send Grant back to Bingo? IMO he's been an excellent addition to the bottom six and PK.

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
Why are people so eager to send Grant back to Bingo? IMO he's been an excellent addition to the bottom six and PK.

Yeah no idea why anyone is unhappy with him or why anyone would ever think that Da Costa is a better option.

As I'm typing this I'm realizing that it sounds sarcastic but this is a serious post :laugh:

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
So guys, assuming that the Sens pick up Michael Del Zotto, factoring how coach AV slammed MDZ in the media recently, what has to go back to the Rangers to make the trade work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad