Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You know man...at some point you need to entertain the possibility that everyone else is right, and you are not.

Everyone thought the earth was flat once upon a time & they were all wrong except the one guy who said it was round. The mob isn't always right, more times than not they are followers of a popular sentiment & don't really have any in depth knowledge. You see it all the time, look how many people were against Obamacare but were for the Affordable Health Care Plan which was the same thing. People think they think when they just don't think. ;) Stick to your guns Cujo!

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
You know man...at some point you need to entertain the possibility that everyone else is right, and you are not.
Everyone? The few against Spezza are by far the loudest and I was happy to see many posters/lurkers come out of hiding in a recent thread to defend Spezza.

burf

Mar 27, 2012

I don't know how someone can watch every game and not realize that Spezza's line being stuck in the D-zone for minutes at a time is the fault of Spezza, rather than his wingers. It's been the same problem all year no matter who the wingers on that line are, and Spezza's been the only constant there all year. Conacher has looked good on every line but Spezza's, but as soon as he gets put on that line they just get hemmed into the defensive zone for their entire shift (despite starting in the offensive zone half the time).

It's about time to admit that it's a Spezza problem, not a winger problem.

Hell, you can't look at this and tell me that the problem is Spezza's lack of a winger:
BYw0zpRCMAAxHDn.png:large

e: The only person who's actually played BETTER with Spezza is Michalek, and by the slimmest of margins. And they were still both atrocious, carrying only ~45% even strength possession.

Conacher and Zibanejad both went from being among the best possession players on the team away from Spezza, to being sub-50% with Spezza.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Jared Cowen for Sven Baertschi
I wish
Lehner lost tonight and gave up a couple of softies. I'm surprised there is no trade Lehner talk in here right now.

Because hes 22, not 32.
I don't know how someone can watch every game and not realize that Spezza's line being stuck in the D-zone for minutes at a time is the fault of Spezza, rather than his wingers. It's been the same problem all year no matter who the wingers on that line are, and Spezza's been the only constant there all year. Michalek has played well defensively when he was paired with Smith, and Conacher has looked good on every line but Spezza's.

It's about time to admit that it's a Spezza problem, not a winger problem. I hope he's injured, because then there's at least an excuse for his play.

Ive been saying this for weeks.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I'm quite content in my beliefs about our players and our team, and I know with 100% certainty that Spezza is not the problem on this team.

I mean, it's the same group of people that were all clamouring for Lehner to start over Anderson because Anderson was clearly not giving the team a chance by starting the game out 0 - 2 all the time! That worked out tonight anyway...........might as well trade Spezza.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Still lehner > anderson this season and he'll bounce back. Also I've been one of spezza's loudest supporters on here but the criticism he has gotten this season is well deserved.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I don't know how someone can watch every game and not realize that Spezza's line being stuck in the D-zone for minutes at a time is the fault of Spezza, rather than his wingers. It's been the same problem all year no matter who the wingers on that line are, and Spezza's been the only constant there all year. Conacher has looked good on every line but Spezza's, but as soon as he gets put on that line they just get hemmed into the defensive zone for their entire shift (despite starting in the offensive zone half the time).

Hell, you can't look at this and tell me that the problem is Spezza's lack of a winger:

e: The only person who's actually played BETTER with Spezza is Michalek, and by the slimmest of margins. And they were still both atrocious, carrying only ~45% even strength possession.

Conacher and Zibanejad both went from being among the best possession players on the team away from Spezza, to being sub-50% with Spezza.

wow, this is pretty eye opening

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth

Derrrrr maybe the players playing worse with Spezza are not top line players, thus putting them up against other teams shut down lines makes their production drop derrrr.

The only real exception to that is Ryan. The only player there you can make an exception for.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
I wouldnt mind seeing Spezza dealt. Put Zibby as your second line C and let him grow. He might put up 50-60 points and Turris Numbers might drop a bit but a least both can play a well rounded game. surround them with solid wingers.

Follow the Bruins model strong two way C's and solid wingers.

Trade Spezz for a Winger and D-man.

Call up Hoffman or Stone and Pageau.

Lets be pesky again.

I also noticed the Sens seem softer then last year.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I wouldnt mind seeing Spezza dealt. Put Zibby as your second line C and let him grow. He might put up 50-60 points and Turris Numbers might drop a bit but a least both can play a well rounded game. surround them with solid wingers.

Follow the Bruins model strong two way C's and solid wingers.

Trade Spezz for a Winger and D-man.

Call up Hoffman or Stone and Pageau.

Lets be pesky again.

I also noticed the Sens seem softer then last year.

Spezza to the wings for dekeyser and whatever

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

You've read Travis.

Could you show me that graph from 2 years ago?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Stop using logic this fan base would rather slam Conacher and now state Zibanejad won't be an impact player. I give up. :) Seems pretty obvious to me.:)

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Spezz is the captain. He isn't going anywhere... this year.

When Spezza is on his game, he is very very good. He can will this team to a win 1 out of every 5-6 games. Not many players can do this.

When Spezza is bad, he is terrible. His line kills momentum and his decisions leave you scratching your head.

I would like for him to find some middle ground, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I could see a Greening for Del Zotto deal. I can't imagine they are too different in value. I don't think I'd be a big fan of acquiring Del Zotto but that's probably a fair deal I could see Murray making.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Actually, doesn't this graph prove that Spezzas numbers maintain roughly the same average even with all the different players on his wing? So if his numbers stay the same, then wouldn't it prove that the wingers they've tried to play him with aren't good enough?

John Holmes*

Spezza, for all intents, has been asked / tasked with elevating his game to the next level.

We haven't seen that happen.

What we have seen isn't good enough.

I've always been a Spezza supporter. I haven't read a trade Spezza thread ever.

Spezza is not THE problem with this team, but he is one of them.

WhiteLight*

If Spezza is going to the Wings, Gustav Nyquist or Tomas Tatar 'Sauce' is coming back

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Stop using logic this fan base would rather slam Conacher and now state Zibanejad won't be an impact player. I give up. :) Seems pretty obvious to me.:)

Logic would be that those numbers change significantly because they're facing the toughest defensive assignments all of a sudden as opposed to the weakest quality of competition.

However most people bashing Spezza love to use plays and statistics without context to push their agenda so this is nothing new.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I could see a Greening for Del Zotto deal. I can't imagine they are too different in value. I don't think I'd be a big fan of acquiring Del Zotto but that's probably a fair deal I could see Murray making.

NYR easily decline. Why would we do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad