Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Someone on the main board proposed
Edler
Jensen
2nd

for Spezza

and

Niskanen

for

Greening.
This makes the Defense 10x more respectable but the offense will take a hit but defense+goaltending>forwards

That first deal seems unfeasible due to Spezza's NTC, but I'm all for the Greening-for-Niskanen deal.

WhiteLight*

That first deal seems unfeasible due to Spezza's NTC, but I'm all for the Greening-for-Niskanen deal.

If the Sens tell Spezza they don't want him anymore, and ask him to waive for Vancouver, he might bite

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If the Sens tell Spezza they don't want him anymore, and ask him to waive for Vancouver, he might bite

Sure, but it's a huge risk.

Tell Spez the Sens don't want him anymore, and you run the risk of him not only declining to waive his NTC, but then you have a moody, pissy Spezza on your hands who feels rejected, and might play hard-ball with his NTC and demand a trade to a specific team.

I'm just saying, it's not as easy as it sounds. Moving a player with a NTC, while not sewering his trade value in the process and having that player play ball with you on where he'd go, is a long, tricky process.

And it's only made worse by the fact that we just made him our captain not 4 months ago. The optics of the entire situation suck. It's going to be real, real hard to trade Spezza and get anything close to full value back. Shopping him after making him our captain so recently is going to be seen by any competent GM as us having completely given up on him, which will raise flags, which will lower his value.

IMO, the only way we can get full value for Spezza is if another team's GM comes to US asking about him.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Plus I'm sure Lazar will be better than Spezza by next year.

No worries.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
It's not a question of why he wouldn't want to GO to Vancouver, it's a question of why would Spezza want to be traded AWAY from a team he just got named the captain of?

Maybe you tell him the bad news...either we strip you of the C, or you waive NTC and go to Left-Coast.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Maybe you tell him the bad news...either we strip you of the C, or you waive NTC and go to Left-Coast.

You tell him that, you might as well trade him. Nothing good is going to come of it. You just end up with a pissed-off/ offended/ embarrassed $7mil asset who won't want to be here.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Spezza would probably be more receptive to a trade to a competitive team if it is said early this year while his contract still has this year plus another full season. It's a long time to be an unhappy holdout. If they wait until next year and spring it on him then he's more likely to wait them out figuring he only has to play out the rest of the season and then he can pick his team without any restrictions and doing the Sens any favours (Toronto). If the thought is even crossing the Sens brass minds then they shouldn't wait.

WhiteLight*

Sure, but it's a huge risk.

Tell Spez the Sens don't want him anymore, and you run the risk of him not only declining to waive his NTC, but then you have a moody, pissy Spezza on your hands who feels rejected, and might play hard-ball with his NTC and demand a trade to a specific team.

I'm just saying, it's not as easy as it sounds. Moving a player with a NTC, while not sewering his trade value in the process and having that player play ball with you on where he'd go, is a long, tricky process.

And it's only made worse by the fact that we just made him our captain not 4 months ago. The optics of the entire situation suck. It's going to be real, real hard to trade Spezza and get anything close to full value back. Shopping him after making him our captain so recently is going to be seen by any competent GM as us having completely given up on him, which will raise flags, which will lower his value.

IMO, the only way we can get full value for Spezza is if another team's GM comes to US asking about him.

You tell him that, you might as well trade him. Nothing good is going to come of it. You just end up with a pissed-off/ offended/ embarrassed $7mil asset who won't want to be here.

Does it matter if he's pissed off? If he says yes, yay the trade goes through. If he says no, and is ''disgruntled'', well what's the big deal? Can't get any worse for the Sens right now anyway

I agree though it's hard to get full value

It's not a question of why he wouldn't want to GO to Vancouver, it's a question of why would Spezza want to be traded AWAY from a team he just got named the captain of?

can't take the pressure

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
If you want spezza to waive his ntc, just go to the game and boo him. I don't think Murray will trade him unless we miss the playoffs and the mgmt blames the leadership. Trading a C so soon is a PR disaster.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ottawa Senators flowchart:

Did we win? No? Trade Spezza! Did we win? Yes! Thank god all those other players stepped up and carried Spezza! Also, Lehner.

If the Edmonton rumour has legs I hope that it's a big trade and not just a small piece or Hemsky.

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
PANIC TRADES THAT PROBABLY DONT WORK

Conacher + Corvo for Tlusty

Anderson for Grabner

Condra for Prout

Greening + Gryba for Stone

Michalek for Hiller

Tlusty - Spezza - Zibby
Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - Grabner
Stone - Smith - Neil
Kassian

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Stone
Phillips - Prout
Patty W

Lehner
Hiller

LEEEEEEEEEROOOOY JENKINNNNNNNNGS

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Here's how you fix this team in a few simple steps:

1. Trade Cowen. Ideally for a good forward prospect but I'd take a late first/early 2nd just to get out from under his contract.

2. Get rid of Michalek. Ask for a conditional 7th like the Kovalev deal or something, just get him off the team.

3. Play Wiercioch. He's shown an ability to distribute the puck. Let him continue to develop that ability. He's also already way, way better than Cowen.

4. Call up Hoffman and either play him on Spezza's wing, or put him with Grant and Condra and put Zibanejad on Spezza's wing.

5. If they play well enough to make the playoffs - great. If not - try to get Neil and Phillips to waive their NTC's and get what you can for them.

Finally if any RFA ever holds out and they aren't a franchise level player--TRADE THEM.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Gryba + 2nd in 14' (conditional if Del Zotto resigns with Ott, if not, it is a 3rd)

for

Del Zotto.

That would be my initial offer, if EM gives the go ahead. It may take Greening,

so Greening + 3rd (becomes 2nd same condition)

for

Del Zotto.

Money in, money out. Then can ship Corvo to whatever team needs a depth D, if no takers, then put him through waivers.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Here's how you fix this team in a few simple steps:

1. Trade Cowen. Ideally for a good forward prospect but I'd take a late first/early 2nd just to get out from under his contract.

2. Get rid of Michalek. Ask for a conditional 7th like the Kovalev deal or something, just get him off the team.

3. Play Wiercioch. He's shown an ability to distribute the puck. Let him continue to develop that ability. He's also already way, way better than Cowen.

4. Call up Hoffman and either play him on Spezza's wing, or put him with Grant and Condra and put Zibanejad on Spezza's wing.

5. If they play well enough to make the playoffs - great. If not - try to get Neil and Phillips to waive their NTC's and get what you can for them.

Finally if any RFA ever holds out and they aren't a franchise level player--TRADE THEM.

Michalek is practically untradable right now, unless BM really works out some magic. Everyone will ask BM to retain salary for Michalek, and will give nothing in return, something we can't do.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa certainly has not gotten the bounces this yr, or the calls including another screw up from hogtown tonight on what looked like to me to be an obvious goal by Turris which changed the game tonight. If that goal counted Ottawa would have had momentum I think & Philly would have been deflated, although we have seen the reverse already this yr after a Ottawa goal.

While I don't agree Spezza should be traded at this time, I would think that if he was to be traded he would want to go to hogtown. I don't know if Toronto would want him although you often hear the pundits say how much the stinking Leafs need a big centre & Cherry would love it. I doubt BM would make that deal myself but I wonder what the Laffs would give back for him? I'd want JVR, Franson & Biggs & maybe Mayor Ford, Ottawa needs some entertainment at city hall it's too dull. :laugh:
I'd still get rid of Conacher & Condra though & send Corvo with Spezza.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
JVR - Zibanejad - Michalek
Greening - Grant - Stone
Biggs - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian

Methot - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Franson
Cowen - Gryba/Phillips

John Holmes*

Ottawa Senators flowchart:

Did we win? No? Trade Spezza! Did we win? Yes! Thank god all those other players stepped up and carried Spezza! Also, Lehner.

If the Edmonton rumour has legs I hope that it's a big trade and not just a small piece or Hemsky.

You know man...at some point you need to entertain the possibility that everyone else is right, and you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad