Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Sens chirp tweeting we are looking at del zotto via Pierre Lebrun. He's prolly around here anyways xD

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sens chirp tweeting we are looking at del zotto via Pierre Lebrun. He's prolly around here anyways xD

Lebrun said it on insider trading. However, it sounded like opinion/speculation and not inside info.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I would give L. Schenn a shot if the flyers retained some salary and they tossed in Brayden.

Well, yeah.

On Lebrun's statements, it sounds like this is more than just him tossing out ideas. His exact phrase was:
I'm told one of their top priorities...is to find a puck moving defence man, and Del Zotto is on that list of players that they have on their radar.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I thought we were supposed to be finding a competent two-way defender... from all accounts I've read Del Zotto is a mess in his own end.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Good thing it's getting out of our end we need help with. Del Zotto should be able to provide that.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Honestly we already sit our 2 puck moving defensemen.

Is it really a surprise that the PP is struggling with Phillips on the first wave? Teams can key on Karlsson far too easily with the other "D" not being a threat at all.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
We need a trade. It is obvious that this team can't play defence and has a huge hole there. Second most important is a top 6 winger, as the Spezza line has been useless I would like to see

xxx-Spezza-Zibanejad
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Smith-Condra
xxx-xxx-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
xxx-xxx
Phillips-Weircioch

Guys not mentioned are guys that I wouldn't mind seeing traded/don't think they have chemistry with anyone

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I thought we were supposed to be finding a competent two-way defender... from all accounts I've read Del Zotto is a mess in his own end.

Well, depends how cheap we'd get Del Zotto... if we can turn Wiercioch and a mid-prospect for him, I'd be fine with that, as DelZ is an upgrade on Wier, and is good enough that he wouldn't be a healthy scratch on our team.

A DelZotto-to-Ottawa trade would be one of those "whelp, he's not my first choice, but it's better than nothing, I guess?" sort of deals.

melnyk budget*

Even if we make a trade, we're making 1 hole to plug another.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Trade some of our underachieving bottom 6 forwards for D help, or package a few together with a pick or prospect for a top 6 forward.

Condra, Greening, Conacher - all good examples of underachieving forwards that haven't performed this season

Condra + prospect for veteran D man

Greening + Conacher + pick/prospect for top 6 forward

They all can be replaced within the organization - Hoffman, Stone are both ready for NHL time

Hoffman - Spezza - Top 6
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Stone
Grant - Smith - Neil

Much, much better.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would give L. Schenn a shot if the flyers retained some salary and they tossed in Brayden.

Why the hell would the Flyers trade their leading scorer Brayden Schnne or piss him off by trading his brother who is playing fairly well for them? Exactly what does Ottawa have to trade back to get that pair? Just like why would Edmonton trade Eberle, IMO their best player? Why would the Jets trade Kane, their best young player? It just makes no sense, yet people on here continually post these players as potential trade possibilities. Would you trade them away from your team to Ottawa & for what exactly?

Trade some of our underachieving bottom 6 forwards for D help, or package a few together with a pick or prospect for a top 6 forward.

Condra, Greening, Conacher - all good examples of underachieving forwards that haven't performed this season

Condra + prospect for veteran D man

Greening + Conacher + pick/prospect for top 6 forward

They all can be replaced within the organization - Hoffman, Stone are both ready for NHL time

Hoffman - Spezza - Top 6
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Stone
Grant - Smith - Neil

Much, much better.

Isn't that what I have been saying since the preseason to get rid of Condra & Conacher? They should also waive Corvo & look to move Phillips.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Corvo on waivers in the near future. Clearly they don't plan on using him nor do they want to carry 8 defensemen. If he's claimed it even creates a little space in the budget.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Why the hell would the Flyers trade their leading scorer Brayden Schnne or piss him off by trading his brother who is playing fairly well for them? Exactly what does Ottawa have to trade back to get that pair? Just like why would Edmonton trade Eberle, IMO their best player? Why would the Jets trade Kane, their best young player? It just makes no sense, yet people on here continually post these players as potential trade possibilities. Would you trade them away from your team to Ottawa & for what exactly?

Dreger has mentioned about how some personal wonder if L. Schenn belongs in the league anymore. Flyers are in cap hell. If they want to shed L. Schenns 3.6M cap hit for the next 3 years they will have to add something.

Add to the fact today different media types talked about how Braden Schenn was quietly being shopped around.

Those two facts plus the fact that Holmgren is all types of crazy suggest that it is possible that they would move both for the right return.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Someone on the main board proposed
Edler
Jensen
2nd

for Spezza

and

Niskanen

for

Greening.
This makes the Defense 10x more respectable but the offense will take a hit but defense+goaltending>forwards

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Isn't that what I have been saying since the preseason to get rid of Condra & Conacher? They should also waive Corvo & look to move Phillips.

Phillips has a nmc and would retire before playing somewhere else.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Someone on the main board proposed
Edler
Jensen
2nd

for Spezza

and

Niskanen

for

Greening.
This makes the Defense 10x more respectable but the offense will take a hit but defense+goaltending>forwards

I want to know what that feels like. For just one game.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Trade whatever it takes to get Martin Erat off of Washington. He's got 12% shooting lifetime, and salary only $3.75 Mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad