Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Eberle is a pretty good skater. Keeps up with Hall most nights. He isn't going to be winning any speed competitions but he's above average.

He is not slow by any means but I think since hall often plays with the puck and has great speed it helps him. Spezza also likes to carry with the puck but obviously lacks speed. Maybe they'd mesh well by my gut says they will not.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I can see something centered around Cowen for Yakupov.we add but fits what they're doing.

Maybe Cowen and greening for Yakupov and joensuu? Maybe we add a good prospect.

Does Greening really hold any trade value at the moment? He just got signed to a higher priced extension and has not been producing any offense what so ever. Can't see teams seeing him as much of an addition at this point.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Not trying to pick on Conacher but the reason why he is playing with Spezza is because the GM wants to see if he is the guy to play with Spezza before they bring someone up from Bingo or make a trade for that top 6 player they need. Injury concerns aside, you can't tell me that Havlat is not better than Conacher. He is 32 yrs old not 42........Its just like saying that you wouldn't take Hossa for Conacher because he is 34 yrs old.

That's no insult I think your right. The problem with Havlat is the contract (too little production for too much money). I would take Hossa for Conacher because he is not injury prone, and his production equals his paycheck. I've have said all year I would have Zibanejad and Conacher playing third line, thats where they belong at this point in there development. :)

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
That's no insult I think your right. The problem with Havlat is the contract (too little production for too much money). I would take Hossa for Conacher because he is not injury prone, and his production equals his paycheck. I've have said all year I would have Zibanejad and Conacher playing third line, thats where they belong at this point in there development. :)

I agree and I don't understand why they are messing with their development right now. All last year Zibanejad played second line centre and now all of a sudden he can't even play on their 3rd or 4th line. Ottawa has too many centers in the system and need to make room for Zibanejad. Something has to give soon and I believe that one of their centres will be traded soon. I wouldn't doubt it if someone is packaged to Edmonton. I don't want Zibanejad gone but knowing that Maclean likes Smith so much that I could see something like Cowen + Zibanejad for Eberle + 2nd rd pick.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
"I've talked to a few teams, and a few teams have called me, but there's nothing [imminent]," Murray said.

The GM says mostly what's being offered are contracts with heftier salaries than what's wanted in return. So the money doesn't work. But all things being equal, the Sens would be interested in a puck-moving defenseman.

In the meantime, the answers have to come from within.

"I think we have a good enough team to be competitive," said Murray. "I don’t know that we're world champions or anything like that but we've got a good team, we've got a core of young guys, we've got pretty good depth in the minors if we have to go there. We're just have to going to work it out."

That's from Pierre LeBrun's blog earlier today. Doesn't sound like the Sens will be dealing any time soon.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What does he owes us big time?

He gave up Michalek and a 2nd for Dany freaking Heatley and his burden of a contract... Michalek was a 24 y/o explosive forward averaging 55-65 pts in his last 3 years with the Sharks with more than 3 millions less per year on his cap hit than Heatley

Heatley had 1 good season with the Sharks and became a headache very fast. Yes Heatley has been a very productive forward in the past but he showed signs of decline and an "headcase aura" in 2008-09. If he was so "wanted" by GMs, offers would have come flying, but I don't think it was the case... and Heatley was controlling his destiny. If Murray is to blame for something in this, is for giving Heatley a big contract without seeing the eventual problems with him

I'd say what is happening today for Heatley (4 pts in 21 games) is not that surprising. Heatley's skating has degraded every year. Anyone who'd like to have Heatley before Michalek is simply out of his mind

We got very lucky to get rid of that contract. We could have been even more lucky if it wasn't for Michalek injuries

I'd trade Greening and Gryba for Havlat if he wants to get rid of Havlat 5.0 cap hit

Michalek-Spezza-Havlat
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Grant-Neil
Kassian

Does anyone like those lines?

I doubt we'll ever agree on this one so lets agree to disagree. At the time Heatley was a proven multi year 50 goal scorer at the top of his game. No one expected him to fall off so fast when he was taken away from Spezza. Heck he even carried the team almost by himself for a while when Spezza was injured. He was supposed to be a sure thing playing with Joe Thornton who many fans said was better than Spezza (not me). Michalek was a probable 20-25 goal scorer with possible upside and his contract was decent but it came with a high risk since he had already had knee surgery once and a second ACL injury requiring a lengthy rehab early on in his career.

Heatley's big contract was 1/2 paid in advance for the 1st year when Melnyk paid out the $4M up front bonus when Heatley nixed the Oilers deal so the Sharks only had to pay him $4M in his 1st year with them. The 2nd pick could be considered part payback for taking Cheechoo's albatross contract of $3.5M per year for 2 seasons. This for a guy who couldn't skate. In real dollars over the 2 seasons the Sharks came out pretty well.

When someone tries to stiff you, you can't say it's ok because the other guy suffered too after the fact. It might look like it worked out ok because Heatley flamed out quickly but at the time there's no doubt Wilson had BM over a barrel since BM didn't want Heatley in training camp and the Sharks knew Heatley wouldn't sign anywhere else. Heatley made it pretty clear after the deal that he wanted to play there and it's hard to imagine that his agent didn't tell them that. IMO there was perhaps technically legal but possibly a bit immoral communication going on in the whole Heatley fiasco. My advise to BM is count your fingers and your rings if you ever shake hands on a deal with a shark.

People are way too generous in proposing trades by devaluing our prospects and players and overly valuing the other team's. While I think Greening will be overpaid starting next year unless he finds some offense, there is no way I would give up Greening or Gryba for Havlat let alone both. The guy is just too injury prone and we'd end up in the same boat looking for a top 6 but $5M poorer plus whoever we gave up.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Starting to have a hard time cheering for a team with an owner who isn't even willing to keep the team competitive.. it's a joke to be honest. Why would fans want to spend money knowing the owner wants to put 0 effort in icing a competent team.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
That's from Pierre LeBrun's blog earlier today. Doesn't sound like the Sens will be dealing any time soon.

"Ouroboros":

I have noticed when a statement by GM B. Murray comes out saying that nothing is going on trade wise, that just general talking is going on..........

Something happens right after that, not saying it always happens, but can...

Case in point was last year when he said "Big Ben" would remain a Senator till the off season, a few days later he was on his way to Tampa Bay..........................

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Starting to have a hard time cheering for a team with an owner who isn't even willing to keep the team competitive.. it's a joke to be honest. Why would fans want to spend money knowing the owner wants to put 0 effort in icing a competent team.

Feel free to go cheer for another team then.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012

Why would someone want to spend millions when the fans will stop showing up when things go rough.

Goes both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad