Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Actually, doesn't this graph prove that Spezzas numbers maintain roughly the same average even with all the different players on his wing? So if his numbers stay the same, then wouldn't it prove that the wingers they've tried to play him with aren't good enough?

Sorry, you are not allowed to understand analytics in this thread. Every graph focusing on Spezza shows us that we have to trade Spezza, regardless of what the graph is actually showing us.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Derrrrr maybe the players playing worse with Spezza are not top line players, thus putting them up against other teams shut down lines makes their production drop derrrr.

The only real exception to that is Ryan. The only player there you can make an exception for.

exactly. and how many games did he play with Ryan.
Spezza can play better but FFS Conacher (2 goals, 2 assists), Greening (0 goals, 3 assists), Michalek (3 goals, 9 assists) total 19 pts between them.
Spezza (9 goals, 9 assists)
Spezza has twice as many goals and as many points as his 3 linemates combined.

Anything at all that gets generated on a Spezza line is ENTIRELY generated by Spezza. im not going to sit here and say he's been great but playing with absolute crap wingers he's still has as many points as Ryan Turris Macarthur who get to play together.

i asked this before, (and i love Turris) if he and Spezza switched wingers for the next 20 games how many points do you think Turris puts up over that time frame?
How about Spezza?

WhiteLight*

I love both of those guys, but that ain't going to happen. A) They won't let those two go. B) They have to send money back to afford Spezza. C) We can't rely on Turris to carry the load.

Detroit has a lot of forwards. Too many. Nyquist is in the minors right now. So logically they might be had for the right price.

Turris-Zibanejad-Pageau-Smith can carry the load. Worked last year, will work again.

Ericsson could also be part of the package, and the Sens could take Samuelsson

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Seriously no chance Greening lands Del Zotto. Dude is a legit top 4 dman who can put points, has a nasty streak, hits, and plays ok d. Having an off year for sure but Greening? Not a chance.

According to Pierre, Del Zotto has been pushed down the depth chart and is dispensable. Apparently MDZ is a good puck mover but lacks defensively, does not address our needs.

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
Cowen + Michalek for Larsson + Volchenkov

Greening for MDZ

Methot - Karlsson
MDZ - Larsson
Phillips - Volchenkov

too bad Anton is injured...

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Cowen + Michalek for Larsson + Volchenkov New Jersey doesn't do this

Greening for MDZ Horrible trade for the Rangers

Methot - Karlsson
MDZ - Larsson
Phillips - Volchenkov

Trades have to work for both teams..

melnyk budget*

Cowen + Michalek for Larsson + Volchenkov

Greening for MDZ

Methot - Karlsson
MDZ - Larsson
Phillips - Volchenkov

Too bad Lamoriello and Sather aren't idiots you mean..

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
exactly. and how many games did he play with Ryan.
Spezza can play better but FFS Conacher (2 goals, 2 assists), Greening (0 goals, 3 assists), Michalek (3 goals, 9 assists) total 19 pts between them.
Spezza (9 goals, 9 assists)
Spezza has twice as many goals and as many points as his 3 linemates combined.

Anything at all that gets generated on a Spezza line is ENTIRELY generated by Spezza. im not going to sit here and say he's been great but playing with absolute crap wingers he's still has as many points as Ryan Turris Macarthur who get to play together.

i asked this before, (and i love Turris) if he and Spezza switched wingers for the next 20 games how many points do you think Turris puts up over that time frame?
How about Spezza?

I think Spezza puts up more points than Turris and Spezza ends up a -10 and Turris will be a +10. It doesnt matter who is on Spezzas line they cant get the puck out of our own end, there is only one constant on that line, figure it out. Hey I like Spezza but I still think something is wrong with him, he was hardly skating last night. I don't think its a lack of effort or a lack of leadership, I think there is something wrong with him.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Id seriously consider a Cowen for MDZ+ swap. The sens have too many plumbers and not enough painters. When your best players are the likes of Karlsson, Spezza, Ryan and Turris, you need to play a skilled puck possession game. It's how we try to play, except we have too many players who just can't play that style of game. We need more players who can make passes.

Del Zotto's a good player, he's only 23 and has already had 3 35-40 point seasons (if you prorate his year last year). We need way more skill on the backend, and MDZ is a cheap, long term solution.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
How good do you all think MDZ is? He's not that good and NYR appears ready to move on.

Personally, I think he's Wiercioch 2.0, which is why I don't want to see the trade happen but its not like he's some premium asset.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I think Spezza puts up more points than Turris and Spezza ends up a -10 and Turris will be a +10. It doesnt matter who is on Spezzas line they cant get the puck out of our own end, there is only one constant on that line, figure it out. Hey I like Spezza but I still think something is wrong with him, he was hardly skating last night. I don't think its a lack of effort or a lack of leadership, I think there is something wrong with him.

First time I'll critic Spezza: Take him off the PP please. Too many times in a game he will make or attempt to a pass that will end up in our zone because it was intercepted or miss his target. We have so little PP time and so much troubles with it, we don't need one of our own players to make it even more difficult.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012

Good post. People claiming its leadership or effort is sonething I find silly. Nothing spezza has said or done suggests he has quit on his team or a team has quit on him.

But your right he doesn't look smooth out there at all. I don't know if he's working himself back into shape from all the recent injuries or is still hurt , but its clear his body is not able to do the things that have made him effective in the past.

I don't really see trading him as a realistic option for many reasons, I think our best bet is he turns it back on as the year continues and helps us with a playoff push. Even of he doesn't return to where he was 2 seasons ago , anything remotely close to that will help us immensely.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Isn't Del Zotto always stuck playing the right side and he sucks on the right side?

I would trade Cowen+ for him.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
How good do you all think MDZ is? He's not that good and NYR appears ready to move on.

Personally, I think he's Wiercioch 2.0, which is why I don't want to see the trade happen but its not like he's some premium asset.

Wiercioch has about 15 good games to his resume. MDZ has a couple hundred, not even close to the same calibre of player. The Rangers just want MDZ to be somebody he's not. They want him to be a top pairing puck mover, a guy like Karlsson, Letang, Subban, and he'll never live up to that.

He's a good second pairing puck mover, who can help improve your transition game, and he'll look good if he's slotted correctly. To me, he's a Voynov/Josi/Leddy calibre player, and every team needs a player like that on their second pairing.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Id rather have a player who is +10 but less a point a game player... than have a guy who is -10 at a point a game. The result from having a good plus minus is winning games. If you score 4 and they score 7 the team with 7 wins every night of the week.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I could see a Greening for Del Zotto deal. I can't imagine they are too different in value. I don't think I'd be a big fan of acquiring Del Zotto but that's probably a fair deal I could see Murray making.

Gryba and Greening for Del Zotto perhaps. If they have Del Zotto playing on the third pair on the right hand side Gryba can slide in.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Del Zotto is also underrated in his physicality. He's a pest. This is an amazing fall from grace. One can only assume this has something to do with the new coach.

If MDZ comes to ottawa for greening + gryba i will cream my pants.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Del Zotto is easily the better player and imo has a lot more potential.

People always underrate good puck movers, as they get a reputation as being bad defensively. When you can move the puck well as a team, you don't have to defend very often. I miss the days of have 3-4 good puck movers on defense. Spezza in particular has always really benefitted from having offense from the blue line. He utilizes them really well through the neutral zone.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Maybe Conacher and Zibanejad should play together?

I've been saying it since training camp. If Spezza and Michalek can't get there .... together why do they think Conacher and Zibanejad can change the fortunes of that line. Let them develop on the third/forth line together, they have great chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad