Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Claim Stoll and waive Gazdic. Stoll at least has a history of putting up at least 15 points in a bottom 6 role, Gazdic is useless.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Claim Stoll and waive Gazdic. Stoll at least has a history of putting up at least 15 points in a bottom 6 role, Gazdic is useless.

I wouldn't say that. He generated some shots on net plus initiated in a fight or two, and I'd rather he fight the goons/tough guys than a skilled forward. He'd be useless if he was the worst defensive forward like Macintyre. Letting in goals left right and center.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Stoll looks like he's pretty much done in the NHL. Still probably an improvement on Lander this year, and it does give the Oilers another faceoff option which would be nice.

I can't see Chiarelli being into the idea of bringing in a guy like Stoll though.

Edit: Would kinda be nice to have Stoll's shot on the powerplay though. Does he still have that shot?

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
now. take a look at what Staal did when he was 22. Only lead a team to the SC championship.

let's just go with you guys are right and I'm wrong. how's that sound?

RNH is an elite #1C. Right up there with Getlaf, Tavares, Seguin, Sedin, Thornton.
it's easier that way. And he's untouchable, and even contemplating trading him is tantamount to destroying the rebuild.

cheers. Go Oilers Go!!!!
What are you on about? And how does it relate to what I've written?
I agree (and I like RNH and do not want the team to trade him), but he is not playing well right now. I think something is off with him (injury, illness, ...), but let's also not pretend he has been playing well lately.
He's not played great and I've not claimed otherwise. But the critique needs to be proportionate. I mean, what does Kopitar, Toews, Getzlaf, Staal, and Crosby have in common? They all have less points then RNH so far this season. RNH is T-62 in scoring among forwards, so he's still producing like a 1st liner (while not playing at his best).

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd take a look at Stoll at least until McDavid comes back.

Has he really fallen off the map?

We should claim Stoll, trade for Torres, sign Richards and bring Malone and Fuhr out of retirement.

OThmYTA0M2UtZWQwMC0xMWUwLWFjYTYtMDAyNmI5NDE0ZjMwLnN3ZjY1_o_tyrone-biggums---fear-factor.jpg

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
now. take a look at what Staal did when he was 22. Only lead a team to the SC championship.

let's just go with you guys are right and I'm wrong. how's that sound?

RNH is an elite #1C. Right up there with Getlaf, Tavares, Seguin, Sedin, Thornton.
it's easier that way. And he's untouchable, and even contemplating trading him is tantamount to destroying the rebuild.

cheers. Go Oilers Go!!!!

That was Rod Brind'Amour, and Staal was 20. And that sounds great.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
What are you on about? And how does it relate to what I've written?
He's not played great and I've not claimed otherwise. But the critique needs to be proportionate. I mean, what does Kopitar, Toews, Getzlaf, Staal, and Crosby have in common? They all have less points then RNH so far this season. RNH is T-62 in scoring among forwards, so he's still producing like a 1st liner (while not playing at his best).

I accept defeat. You are right. RNH is awesome. I look forward to watching him dominate the ice, since he is a legit #1C, and that's 1Cs do.

Happy festive season.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
No interest in either of them.

As for trades I don't think we are going to make any trade of note this year. We may make a deal or two at the deadline but nothing major.

I think the big move is made at the draft.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
So according to some you're either Getzlaf,Crosby,Tavares or you are a 2C, there is absolutely no middle ground lol. RNH is definitely not an elite C but by pretty much all metrics he is a top line player and a mid to low end 1C.

I don't think that RNH and Eberle have that great of chemistry I just think that they are two talented players who can make it work. Evidence to this is the fact they are so streaky. I think RNH would be better suited with a more two way player who maybe doesn't have the offensive skills of Eberle but works hard in all there zones, has good puck retrieval skills/can win puck battles, and who has a good shot/stick/hand eye and goes to the hard areas where goals are scored.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stoll is still a top FO guy in the league and is still a guy that doesn't shy away from contact.

Think the biggest problem in New York is they have a lot of centers and have a vet in Moore already.

What does the advanced stats say on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad