Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
I see it as a very big deal, if your best players don't have them, then why should Gagner? Do we want to be the Flames when it comes to NMC's? If we decide to move the player and we can't how does that help the team?
I think if Gagner lowers the $$$ amount on his demands then I have no problem with him getting a NMC. Before all this tanking nonsense he was supposed to be one of the faces of this franchise. He was supposed to be one of the offensive catalysts on this club. Over the six seasons since he's seen nothing but losing but he's arguably become one of the leaders on this team and he's also a commodity that we have precious little of: a veteran (yes, a veteran) that actually produces.

EDIT: And he stays healthy for the most part. I can't believe that he has 414 NHL games under his belt already. Ridiculous.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
So pretend you're florida and McKinnon is off the board.

Would you rather:
draft Jones, and be happy with Kulikov, Gubrandtson, and Jones on the backend
draft Barkov/Drouin and be happy with your current D
draft Jones, trade Kulikov for the 7th pick, and draft whomever is left there (Monahan, Nish. or Lindholm)
draft barkov/drouin, trade Kulikov to us for the 7th pick, and draft zardorov/nurse

Option 1 for me. Kulikov, Gudbranson, and Jones are 3 defensemen. Last I checked, teams usually had 6 dressed for every game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think if Gagner lowers the $$$ amount on his demands then I have no problem with him getting a NMC. Before all this tanking nonsense he was supposed to be one of the faces of this franchise. He was supposed to be one of the offensive catalysts on this club. Over the six seasons since he's seen nothing but losing but he's arguably become one of the leaders on this team and he's also a commodity that we have precious little of: a veteran (yes, a veteran) that actually produces.

EDIT: And he stays healthy for the most part. I can't believe that he has 414 NHL games under his belt already. Ridiculous.

NMC's IMO are a no go, Horcoff ruined that as far as I'm concerned. A NTC or preferably a limited NTC for the right player under the right circumstances I could live with.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Those of you who are scared are scared because you bought into Mact's hoopla about doing trades and then got trolled by a poster who said he had a source, only to have Mact back track yesterday on his statement about deals and saying he is looking for the right deal

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Those of you who are scared are scared because you bought into Mact's hoopla about doing trades and then got trolled by a poster who said he had a source, only to have Mact back track yesterday on his statement about deals and saying he is looking for the right deal

No, I was one of was saying I didn't believe in those whatsoever.

I'm worried that MacT does something for the sake of doing something. I'm worried that teams see that Edmonton is in a vulnerable position and try to cheap us on a trade.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Gagner + 7th for Edler + 24th.
Hemsky for Smith.
2nd + 3rd + Musil for Bolland.
2nd for Peverley/Clutterbuck.

Sign Stalberg, Lecavalier, Bryzgalov.

Hall-Lecavalier-Eberle
Stalberg-RNH-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Bolland-Peverley/Clutterbuck
Petrell-Smtih-Brown

Edler-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Belov/Klefbom

Dubnyk/Bryzgalov

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Gagner + 7th for Edler + 24th.
Hemsky for Smith.
2nd + 3rd + Musil for Bolland.
2nd for Peverley.

Sign Stalberg, Lecavalier, Bryzgalov.

Hall-Lecavalier-Eberle
Stalberg-RNH-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Bolland-Peverley
Petrell-Smtih-Brown

Edler-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Belov/Klefbom

Dubnyk/Bryzgalov

I like it, but 1) We don't have a 3rd rounder 2) Still have to deal Horcoff 3) Petrell=Hell no and 4) Bryzgalov? Let's go Khudobin

Maybe hold off on the Bolland deal because that's a bit much in my mind, we can find a different No.3 C.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
My dream off-season with all of this stuff going around..

EDM: Phaneuf and Colborne
TOR: Gagner

OTT: Hemsky, Jones' rights
EDM: Greening and Smith

MIN: Pitlick, ANA 2nd
EDM: Clutterbuck

Horcoff anywhere..

Sign: Lecavalier - 4 years, 4.5M per
Sign: Khudobin - 2 years, 1.5M per

Hall - Lecavalier - Eberle
Greening - RNH - Yakupov
Paajarvi - Smith - Clutterbuck
Smyth - Colborne - Brown

Phaneuf - Schultz
Smid - Petry
Klefbom/Belov - Schultz
Klefbom/Belov/N. Schultz

Dubnyk
Khudobin

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
No, I was one of was saying I didn't believe in those whatsoever.

I'm worried that MacT does something for the sake of doing something. I'm worried that teams see that Edmonton is in a vulnerable position and try to cheap us on a trade.

I dunno. MacT already hung up on quite a few GMs who initially inquired about the 7th according to his presser. I have no reason he still wouldn't be. It's not like he feels he has a reputation to live up to. He's doing what he can to make us better.

Not easy to make a trade. You gotta be a slick salesman.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I like it, but 1) We don't have a 3rd rounder 2) Still have to deal Horcoff 3) Petrell=Hell no and 4) Bryzgalov? Let's go Khudobin

Maybe hold off on the Bolland deal because that's a bit much in my mind, we can find a different No.3 C.

-Didn't know we didn't have a 3rd, perhaps they would take a 4th or 3rd next year?
-Ya, not sure about Horcoff. I wonder if Detroit would do Colaicavo for Horcoff, and we proceed to buy Colaicavo out.
-Ya, we could prob find someone better than Petrell, I just quickly threw him in there while I was doing this. But I don't think he is terrible.
-I think Bryz and Dubnyk would be a good tandem honestly. But, ya Khudobin would be ok too, as he is younger and would give us two youngish goalies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I just watched the McKenzie segment on NHL network and nothing was said about Gagner at all.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'd honestly be happy if Edmonton walked out of draft day making only two trades:

Nick Schultz to Carolina for a 3rd or 4th round pick
Zbynek Michalek to Edmonton for Tyler Pitlick + 2nd rounder (or maybe Michalek for Horcoff, with Horcoff retained at 4M)

Then keep talks up from July 1-4 and make your deals in between then.

Meanwhile, our D starting to take shape:

BLANK-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Michalek-Belov
Potter/Klefbom

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
I am too.

I've got faith SmacT won't trade our 7th and RNH for Gardiner, then again, I don't want him trading our 7th for Phaneuf or something dumb like that.

Grghagh.

I think if something dumb was going to happen, like a package revolving around 7th for Homophobic Sluroof was going to happen, it already would have.

knock on wood.

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
It would be really tremendous if Mac-T could somehow sell Lecavalier on the idea of playing between Yakupov and Hall on an upcoming team. It won't happen but it would be just ****ing awesome.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
-Didn't know we didn't have a 3rd, perhaps they would take a 4th or 3rd next year?
-Ya, not sure about Horcoff. I wonder if Detroit would do Colaicavo for Horcoff, and we proceed to buy Colaicavo out.
-Ya, we could prob find someone better than Petrell, I just quickly threw him in there while I was doing this. But I don't think he is terrible.
-I think Bryz and Dubnyk would be a good tandem honestly. But, ya Khudobin would be ok too, as he is younger and would give us two youngish goalies.

We don't have a 4th either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad