Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If Gagner wants a NMC he better accept a hometown discount... No way we sign him for around $5mil if we can't ever trade him. That would be horribly risky for us.

The Perfect Human*

He gets the most PP minutes and a lot of SH minutes, and leads the team in total TOI/game.

Yet OEL gets top-pairing minutes in every game situation and only gets paid 5.5M.

A significantly better defenseman at a $1.5M less contract...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Gagner wants $5 million per then why not give Lecavalier $5 million per for 3 years while we wait for this years pick to be ready to take the reigns as the 2C?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Gagner wants a NMC he better accept a hometown discount... No way we sign him for around $5mil if we can't ever trade him. That would be horribly risky for us.

A big time discount, I'm talking $3.5 million or so so that even if he doesn't improve a lick we aren't regretting the deal.

The Perfect Human*

He plays tons of special team as well and is almost always on the ice. Simply put he's a gifted defenseman that every team in the NHL would love to have. 8 million just makes that untenable for many them.

2nd pairing ES minutes. 2nd pairing SH minutes.

#3 PP minutes amongst Dmen in the league

Does get tons of ice-time, that's true. Here's who else does:
Brian Campbell
Jack Johnson
Christian Ehrhoff

Are all these guys worth the same money?

The Perfect Human*

Here's what I'd do with Gagner.

4yrs, $16M with a limited NMC (must submit list of 10 teams he'd accept trade to)

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
A big time discount, I'm talking $3.5 million or so so that even if he doesn't improve a lick we aren't regretting the deal.

I was thinking between $4 and $4.5 if we can't trade him. $3.5 would be golden, but I think he's worth a little more than that right now. Jeez we should just offer him the Hemsky deal. $4mil for 6 years and give him that NMC he wants. Absolutely fair deal, we'd be rewarding his loyalty and paying him fairly, and it would allow the team a little bit of cap flexibility.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If a Gagner deal can't get done and we trade him I can't picture the return helping us. At all.

So hypothetically we get Gardiner for him, Gardiner can't help our club? It just means that we have to look to other deals to acquire center depth.

Definitely doesn't deserve it.

His GF is starting a 2-year residency program at the UofA this fall. That may have a role to play in it. I could see him accepting a trade to any Canadian team using his NMC as she'd be able to practice anywhere in the country after that 2 years is up.

2 year residency >>>>> multi million $ hockey career.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Here's what I'd do with Gagner.

4yrs, $16M with a limited NMC (must submit list of 10 teams he'd accept trade to)

4 years $14 million, cap hit front loaded, NTC first year, 2ne year of his deal still wouldn't be overly attractive to other teams, year 3 and 4 would be.

The Perfect Human*

4 years $14 million, cap hit front loaded, NTC first year, 2ne year of his deal still wouldn't be overly attractive to other teams, year 3 and 4 would be.

Sounds good to me. Where do we sign GM BBO?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
My dream for Gagner was 7 years, 4M cap hit.

I don't think that's happening if he can't be assured he's staying. Which he can't.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't see the NTC/NMC as a big deal, but I'd offer it at $4.5 per for 4 years

I see it as a very big deal, if your best players don't have them, then why should Gagner? Do we want to be the Flames when it comes to NMC's? If we decide to move the player and we can't how does that help the team?

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
So pretend you're florida and McKinnon is off the board.

Would you rather:
draft Jones, and be happy with Kulikov, Gubrandtson, and Jones on the backend
draft Barkov/Drouin and be happy with your current D
draft Jones, trade Kulikov for the 7th pick, and draft whomever is left there (Monahan, Nish. or Lindholm)
draft barkov/drouin, trade Kulikov to us for the 7th pick, and draft zardorov/nurse

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Would you rather:
draft Jones, trade Kulikov for the 7th pick, and draft whomever is left there (Monahan, Nish. or Lindholm)
draft barkov/drouin, trade Kulikov to us for the 7th pick, and draft zardorov/nurse

Trade Kulikov for Gagner :sarcasm:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Would you rather:

I'd take Barkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad