Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Classic FLOLames.

Jones is a one-trick pony. He'll probably snipe 20 next year but he doesn't make his linemates better at all....who is gonna feed him the puck? Stajan? haha.

Sarich is at least tough. SOB is no longer tough and is useless on the blueline.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder if that's why we haven't heard anything yet about a buyout for him.

It's been a few hours since the tweets saying that a decision on Richards and whether he's being bought-out was coming "shortly".

Having the NMC could be the issue though for Slats. Might be trying to convince Richards to waive it.

In all fairness though I wouldn't be trying to just trade Richards for whatever I can get. With a new coach who knows what Richards can do this year.

aseef26

Mar 20, 2008
Ottawa
Easily. I would give him 5.5mil x 5years. 1st 3 years he would play 1st line with Hall and Yak. Shelter RNH and Eberle until RNH matures (give Ebs a better chance to live up to his contract). The last 2 years RNH takes his place as our #1C, Lecav anchors our 3rd line.

Now you can trade Gagner as a centerpiece for a top pairing defenceman. We still keep our #7 pick.

Hall Lecav Yak
TBA RNH Eberle

Hall Hopkins Yakupov
Gagner Lecavalier Eberle

The first line can handle themselves and grow into a superb line. This is a ridiculous top six imho and the oil had better be on the phone with both vinny and his agent and anyone else who may hold sway. Vinny = want want want.

He's a near Perfect fit do whatever it takes!

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Dreger speculating that teams are willing to give Lecavalier a 3 year term that approaches 5M per season. He believes that Lecavalier wants more term.

So, Oiler Fans, would you offer Lecavalier 5 x 5?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Dreger speculating that teams are willing to give Lecavalier a 3 year term that approaches 5M per season. He believes that Lecavalier wants more term.

It kind of depends on who we draft
If it is Monahan then no. If it is Nichushkin or Nurse no

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Having the NMC could be the issue though for Slats. Might be trying to convince Richards to waive it.

In all fairness though I wouldn't be trying to just trade Richards for whatever I can get. With a new coach who knows what Richards can do this year.

I'm wondering the same thing about the Oil regarding a few guys that could have brought more to the table.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but it sounds like MacT has been trying to do something for awhile now...

"I think there's a lot more activity on the phone lines in the last maybe week or so," MacTavish said. "So everybody, all the experienced guys, weren't putting too much effort into making deals a couple of weeks ago or a month ago. I was trying to do something, but I think the experienced guys recognize that there's always a need of a timeline for these deals. Somehow, they get done. And they knew the timeline better than I did. I put in a lot of calls, maybe needlessly. But it's good to get a pulse of what everybody's trying to do."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675270

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Easily, if it becomes an anchor in the 4th and 5th years we can retain some salary and move him to a cap floor team like say Tampa.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

5 years is way too long for Vinny. He would be 38 when that contract runs out. I can see him having a couple of more productive years and then dropping off when he's like 36.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I find it hard to believe no one would give him more than 3 years.

Yes it would more than likely be a mistake, but what the hell has changed that we aren't making mistakes anymore? Is there some sort of unwritten rule with guys that are bought out that I'm missing?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd give him three offers. 3 years@5mil, 4 years at 4.5mil or 5 years at 4mil.
I'd prefer the 3 year deal because I don't think that Lecavalier will have much to give to a team in 3 years.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
here is a crazy idea

Bolland, Leddy and a second from the hawks for your number 7? Need to resign Bolland after next season, but that is the type of player the oilers need

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Are we going to have space to start retaining salary?

It's my understanding that we can retain salary and not cap hit but I might have that wrong. Either way we could just structure the deal so that it goes down to 2M for the last 2 years. Something like 10M(5M signing bonus), 7M(3M signing bonus), 4, 2, 2.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'd be willing to do 5M/4Y for Vinny or even 5.5M/3Y. While his production has leveled off to a clip of 55-70 points and will likely miss ten to fifteen games a season (!!), he provides fantastic leadership, great puck management and high ability in all zones and phases of play.

Lecavalier is a paragon of smart play and would be an amazing mentor to all of our players.

Even if his numbers were to decline to 40 points by the end of a four year contract, I'd imagine that the ELC of Monahan/Lindholm/whichever-centre-we-pick will be ending as that player will have spent another year in junior/overseas.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I find it hard to believe no one would give him more than 3 years.

Yes it would more than likely be a mistake, but what the hell has changed that we aren't making mistakes anymore? Is there some sort of unwritten rule with guys that are bought out that I'm missing?
5 5 3.5 3 2.5

He gets guaranteed more than 15 mill, his actual salary is not a killer, and his cap hit is only 3.8 if I'm doing things the CBA still allows.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Gregor and Brownlee brought up good points with Bolland - he is always hurt. Every season.

For that reason and his cap hit I'd look for better options

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Hall Hopkins Yakupov
Gagner Lecavalier(Richards) Eberle

The first line can handle themselves and grow into a superb line. This is a ridiculous top six imho and the oil had better be on the phone with both vinny and his agent and anyone else who may hold sway. Vinny = want want want.

He's a near Perfect fit do whatever it takes!

Both would be sick. given there is two big name C out there, I really would love us to get one of them.

With a top 6 like that, just add a couple grinders, a top 4 d man and a back up goalie and that is a deadly group.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
For sure. I'm just kind of bummed that these 3 deals haven't taken place

Bummed about what? The word of HF posters?
I'm sure that Bluechip and Duul have some good sources but I don't understand why some of you took their words so literally.
I'd rather MacT take his time and make a smart trade than make a stupid, impulsive trade.
Like for instance, if Chicago is indeed asking for a Pominville-esque return for Bolland, I want MacT to stay far far away from those type of deals. Bolland would be nice but not at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad