Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Something is wrong when trading Tanguay/Sarich for Jones/O'Brien actually adds salary.

Lnx4GEe.gif

dem chins

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Just spitballing here, but hows the value on this?

Phoenix's 12th overall + Gormley for our 7th overall.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
How many goals are scored right off the faceoff? a fair amount, does anyone know the stat?

MacTavish: "Apparently from the analytics people, every 40 faceoffs that you lose in the defensive zone, one will end up in your net in the next 30 seconds, so it’s valuable but there are ways you can help support a centreman who has trouble winning faceoffs."

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...vish-really-appreciate-the-value-of-faceoffs/

At least Feaster is doing something
Not sure what Vince...I mean, MacT is up to

If those are the players that MacT is going to end up with, then I'd rather he didn't make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

None of those guys help the Oilers.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
You should explain your reasoning, because a lot of posters including myself seem to think he isn't.

He's going to be a top pair defenseman and will run a 1st line pp unit. He would instantly be our top D prospect ahead of Klefbom and Marincin. I'd rather have him > Nurse or Risto. However the need is getting a C and drafting one would be most logical. Gormley is crazy good, a little bump earlier this season defensively but got better as it went along.

The Perfect Human*

David Perron is apparently available. 2LW of the future in the event Gags is moved for a C?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Jay Feaster is a really bad GM, even Tambo was better than him at least he didn't take idiot contracts for good players. Did he really need to take an obvious salary dump to trade Tanguay? Jones had a terrible contract the day he signed it, it's only looking worse after last season. Sakic and Roy got their old buddy Tanguay back in the fold pretty quickly after seemingly taking over from Sherman.

Sarich is old so i get why you move him but they even lose that part of the deal, not that a Sarich for O'Brien swap really matters. O'Brien is just really terrible.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
David Jones makes 4m let that sink it. 9 points last year. I know I harp on Smyth for being bad, but this one takes the cake

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Cammy moves out to, Flames will have 1 top 6 player left in Stemps. They will have some extra cap space, but even Oilers did burn it to the ground this much.

We all harped on Tambo for not signing FAs, but realistically which FA will want to sign with a team like the Oil (now Flames) unless for a VAST overpayment. Cap space means nothing if you cant use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad