Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Interesting. Not much of a return comingback to Calgary.

Except for the David Jones 4m cap hit for the next 3 years:laugh: Calgary actually ends up adding 0.5m to their cap hit as Tanguay was only making 3.5m while the 2 d-men are both at 2m cap hits.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
At least Feaster is doing something
Not sure what Vince...I mean, MacT is up to

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I suppose Jones could rebound into a tough 2nd line RW. And I guess the Flames got younger. That's about all I can say in favour of this deal from a Calgary perspective.

Avs will be better next season after this deal. Calgary, probably not.

At least Feaster is doing something
Not sure what Vince...I mean, MacT is up to

No move is better than a bad move.

I do hope this opens the floodgates though.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
All hinges on David Jones turning it around a bit. If he does then I like this deal for the Flames. Good hockey trade for both sides. I like it.

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
If we have to get rid of some sort of 2nd round pick for Clutterbuck, I'd honestly much rather go for Viktor Stalberg as a UFA.

He's the perfect 2nd line LW or 3rd line RW, depending on how we want to use him.

Only thing to worry about is 0 goals in the playoffs, but I think he'll be fine.

And that he's only proven he can handle sheltered minutes. The Oilers need fewer players that need that treatment, not more. That being said, if MacT strikes out on other options, adding Stalberg at $2M is better than adding no one.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I suppose Jones could rebound into a tough 2nd line RW. And I guess the Flames got younger. That's about all I can say in favour of this deal from a Calgary perspective.

Avs will be better next season after this deal. Calgary, probably not.

No move is better than a bad move.

I do hope this opens the floodgates though.

For sure. I'm just kind of bummed that these 3 deals haven't taken place

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really don't know what Feaster's plan is, but Jones ever gets back to that 20G season and Feaster should be able to flip him for picks/prospects.

That all kinda hinders on Feaster not trading his picks/prospects for that extra playoof push

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
For sure. I'm just kind of bummed that these 3 deals haven't taken place

Yeah, looks like they either fell apart while waiting for the finals to end, or there never was anything in the first place. Shame, changes need to happen, and soon.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, looks like they either fell apart while waiting for the finals to end, or there never was anything in the first place. Shame, changes need to happen, and soon.

Didn't somebody (Tencer, maybe?) tweet that he expects Hemsky and Horcoff to be traded "soon?"

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
Sarich is > O'Brien, plus O'Brien will to be overpaid for 1 extra year compared to Sarich.

Jones would have been a good wing player for the Oilers; however, his contract stinks @ $4M for 3 more years.

McJeetz

Feb 2, 2007
Any interest in Lecavalier?

Easily. I would give him 5.5mil x 5years. 1st 3 years he would play 1st line with Hall and Yak. Shelter RNH and Eberle until RNH matures (give Ebs a better chance to live up to his contract). The last 2 years RNH takes his place as our #1C, Lecav anchors our 3rd line.

Now you can trade Gagner as a centerpiece for a top pairing defenceman. We still keep our #7 pick.

Hall Lecav Yak
TBA RNH Eberle

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Millions is tweeting that Mike Cammalleri will be the next one to go. The Flames are going to have a TONNE of cap space to play with.

check capgeek.com jones 4mill+obrien 2mill= 6mill for Tanguey 3.5 + sarich 2mill for 5.5mill

and if the CBA is inforced. the flames will be tagged for the final year of Kippers contract because they got A HUGE break on the last year of the deal. Kippers physical contract was for only 1mill and not 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad