Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Because he will wear down big time and I want to get as much value possible.

I dont know if that's true but I don't think you will ever get full value for Gallagher on the market. No matter what you will get let down by the return.

that said if he does get moved it would be at the draft. And the other team better be willing to lose the deal.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
So he pretty much said that the return if we retain on Pacioretty, while taking Gaborik's contract, could be Vilardi, Clague a 1st and a 2nd.

Maybe the article got edited but I don’t see Clague mentioned at all. The trade was for Vilardi, a 1st, and either a 2nd or Amadio.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Vilardi one on one for Pac we would be pissed but hes saying

Vilardi, 1st, 2nd or Amadio, Gaborik for Pac

We eat a bad contrat and get 3 pieces

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure why Montreal would end up retaining on Pacioretty's salary AND take on Gaborik's contract in this scenario.

Agreed.

- Forget retaining on Patch's salary. His prorated salary for the rest of the year as of today is around $1.5M I believe. Habs Retaining salary on Patch is ridiculous

- If we take on Gaborik's contract (3 more years at $4.875M from age 36-38), this means we get more in return vs what we are asking for at the moment. I just don't see this happening.

- Vilardi and a 1st is a must have. I would be concerned with the skating though. If he can't keep up with some junior players, he won't be able to keep up with half the players in the NHL. I have not been able to see him play often so I will admit that I don't know too much about his skating and going by what I am reading.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'm still unsure whether the LA Kings need Patches enough to give us Vilardi.

That's probably a real issue and not just in my head.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Vilardi one on one for Pac we would be pissed but hes saying

Vilardi, 1st, 2nd or Amadio, Gaborik for Pac

We eat a bad contrat and get 3 pieces

Eating Gaborik's contract is very risky and only works if you think we should do a full rebuild. I don't think this is in the plans for our team

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I know it will probably never happen, but we should look at trading Gally.

I think it will happen but not this year. He turns 26 in May & he's a small winger playing a big winger's game. The end of next season when he has 2 years left on his contract & is turning 27 is a prime time to trade him.

Too many guys on the block right now too. It's a buyers market. Try to get the best deal for Pacioretty, Plekanec & Benn at the deadline.

I know a lot of people want to move Petry, like Gallagher I feel that we need to get one more year out of him.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Eating Gaborik's contract is very risky and only works if you think we should do a full rebuild. I don't think this is in the plans for our team

It definitely hampers the cap situation. With $7 million in cap space, you replace Pacioretty's salary with Gaborik's. A free agent like Stastny or Backlund eats up Plekanec's. Then you have a $4 million increase for Price, and Danault likely doubles his salary. Subtract Benn's salary, and you have about $3 million to $6 million in cap space depending on next year's cap increase. Money needed for a top 4 d-man, unless you can get Clague back, which I would want. 4th line centre is a ? The fact that none of the top line, Gallagher (due to hand issues), Hudon or Andrew Shaw are regular PKers probably favours a Froese or Logan Shaw over a McCarron.

I don't mind Gaborik, as he seems like an ideal mentor to Sherbak, as a pure goal scorer. LH shot playing RW.

I like a top 9 of

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Sherbak
Lehkonen-Backlund-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Gaborik
And Byron-Shaw as 4th line wingers. Deslauriers as a spare part.

But I only take that deal if Clague is involved, or L.A's 1st, which can be flipped for a quality d-man.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Quoted you because you are the one who got that weird playoff comment in. You did not touch on that at all in your reply. Wasnt that uncalled for?

Philly like NJ had 0 expectations for a 1 round showing in the po. No way they are ready to face the likes of TB or Boston if they do make it.
Funny thing many believe they might rather be sellers at the tdl. They were last June with the Schenn trade. If that doesnt scream rebuild nothing will.

Cant be chilling more than right now on a Florida beach! Did not mean to sound mad at all.

But strongly disagree.

For Lehtera Philly has no need for cap space with all those elc and 9 mil coming off the books plus nobody of note to resign. Will not pay a team to get out of his last year.

I don't see them getting the 2nd WC to face TB or Boston. Right now, they sit in 3rd spot in Metro. Since January 1st, they've gone 12-5-1. More likely they meet Pens or Caps in 1st rd. They're having a quietly good season.

Last 5 years, they've gone to the playoffs 2 years. Lost in 1st round both times. I don't consider that to be anything but bad. Lindros/Pronger years simply aren't relevant anymore. They're in a position now to make themselves better.

I think Flyers can beat either Caps or Pens, but they're goaltending will have to hold.

Lehtera doesn't need to be a cap dump. They may just want to upgrade at that position.

Flyers are a team I think should make a move to solidify they're position & possibly take a run at the Pens/Caps.

They have the assets to do it & not have it hurt them because of its depth. A lot of people aren't talking about Philly, but I bet they do something even if it's not for Pacioretty.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It definitely hampers the cap situation. With $7 million in cap space, you replace Pacioretty's salary with Gaborik's. A free agent like Stastny or Backlund eats up Plekanec's. Then you have a $4 million increase for Price, and Danault likely doubles his salary. Subtract Benn's salary, and you have about $3 million to $6 million in cap space depending on next year's cap increase. Money needed for a top 4 d-man, unless you can get Clague back, which I would want. 4th line centre is a ? The fact that none of the top line, Gallagher (due to hand issues), Hudon or Andrew Shaw are regular PKers probably favours a Froese or Logan Shaw over a McCarron.

I don't mind Gaborik, as he seems like an ideal mentor to Sherbak, as a pure goal scorer. LH shot playing RW.

I like a top 9 of

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Sherbak
Lehkonen-Backlund-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Gaborik
And Byron-Shaw as 4th line wingers. Deslauriers as a spare part.

But I only take that deal if Clague is involved, or L.A's 1st, which can be flipped for a quality d-man.

I would not take on Gaborik salary at his age. I have the Tavares (plus another significant piece) door open until he closes it. Adding Gaborik hurts this plan big time. Now if Tavares re-signs with the Islanders prior to the deadline, I would entertain the idea but the Kings are coughing up some serious futures.

I would love to know what the best offers for Patch will be at the deadline!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think Patches will be traded before the deadline.

Too much supply relative to demand in the top-six winger market. Teams aren't usually willing to part with their 1st round pick or their 'top center prospect', let alone both in the same transaction. This is what MB is likely asking for.

I suspect a trade will happen at the draft, and that it will be more of a hockey trade (Nuge, OEL, etc). Bergevin's trying to save his job. He'll try to bumble and fumble his way out of this mess.

I expect a small sell-off at the deadline. Enough for MB to pat himself on the back and say he made the tough decision to look towards the future. Perhaps Pleks and Been for a 2nd and 4th, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad