Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Maybe the article got edited but I don’t see Clague mentioned at all. The trade was for Vilardi, a 1st, and either a 2nd or Amadio.

The price for Montreal to take on such a ridiculous contract would have to be quite high. The Kings’ first-round pick would have to be on the table, on top of a package that includes either a second and another prospects, or a young roster player with potential, like Michael Amadio.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Just out of curiosity. What is the best prospect that has been traded in the last 5-6-7 years?

Forsberg?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Older teams need youth coming in rather than add more 30ish guys while emptying the prospect pool.

You overplay the cup window stuff imo.

They are out of the playoffs as we speak. Such a deal would make even less sense if they cant make up ground.

Is the prospects coming in their organisation is better than what they have now?
They got elite goaltending, 2 elite top 6 center, 1 elite D.....it's very rare to have all that at the same time.

Carter missed pretty much the entire season and he is returning and even if they are not technically in the PO, they are 1 points out with 1 game in hand and that's without one of their top player. Add Carter and Pacioretty to that team and they can do damage especially in their division.

I might overplay the window of opportunity but don't over value prospect drafted high either......Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, Eller, Kostitsyn, Joe Morrow......Yakupov, McNeill, Grigorenko, Gudbranson, Kassian. All 1st round picks. Some were supposed to be great NHLer. You never know with prospects as long as they don't play in the NHL.

You might be trading Pacioretty for Grigorenko + Beaulieu + Pouliot in the end...

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Just out of curiosity. What is the best prospect that has been traded in the last 5-6-7 years?

Forsberg?

another ... Sergachev.

Recent 1st round prospect + 1st round pick? 2 Ottawa trades come to mind - Duchene, Ryan.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I still belive that we will get much more at trade deadline than this summer. No doubt in my mind.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Forsberg?

7th pick (Lias Andersson) for Stepan. 9th pick (Horvat) for Corey Schneider. Teravainen to Carolina. Forsberg to Preds. Silfverberg to Ducks. Zadorov to Avs.

Lots of top prospects traded. Choose your best. I’d say Forsberg.

Funny that two highly touted Forsberg prospects were traded before they were NHLers and those trades turned out way better for the team acquiring their respective Forsberg.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
30 teams are bidding at the draft...........only 7-8 teams are right now..................the draft makes more sense...

What will happen first, we get a real #1 C or Bergevin fired?
True point, but if a team wants to make a run they might trade for Pacioretty now.

Don't underestimate what a desperate owner/GM might do leading into trade deadline.

And put yourself in the shoes of those potential GMs. Would you rather pay a 1st plus prospect for one playoff run of Kane/Nash? Or a higher end prospect and get two post seasons of a cost controlled two way player who snipes?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Off season trade to get a #1 center....Price,Schlemko,Byron,Hudon,JDL for Draisaitl,Talbot and 2019 1st rounder......Oilers get their #1 goalie who is signed.....Talbot only has 1 year left Montreal flips him to a team needing a goalie like the Islanders then they make another trade and get a goalie to partner with Lindgren.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
That’s an awful return for the Oilers.

They’re giving up an elite Center AND their first for a pile of garbage and a goalie who makes 10 million a year. Not close to value.

You want Draisaitl, you’d have to start with Shea Weber and Gallagher or Andrew Shaw in the conversation because they need help on right defense and right wing. Habs would likely have to take a contract back as well, likely Lucic. It will never happen though, as Draisaitl is a huge part of their future.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
I'd like to see a trade around JAD and Clague. ... plus a pick.

Habs get a defenseman. Kings keep their 'top center prospect'. The pick .... that's negotiable - whether it's a 1st or 2nd - perhaps Mtl adds a 2nd (or non-Scherbak prospect) to make it a 1st.

Patches + McCarron
JAD + Clague + 1st
This is horrible. We trade Patches for two sub 6 foot players who may make the NHL. I would just keep Patches if this is all we get.

Reactions: 417

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
7th pick (Lias Andersson) for Stepan. 9th pick (Horvat) for Corey Schneider. Teravainen to Carolina. Forsberg to Preds. Silfverberg to Ducks. Zadorov to Avs.

Lots of top prospects traded. Choose your best. I’d say Forsberg.

Funny that two highly touted Forsberg prospects were traded before they were NHLers and those trades turned out way better for the team acquiring their respective Forsberg.
Hmm, well in some of these cases, the draft choice was traded rather than the player.

My question was more in line to see how many legit top Center prospects were traded. And if so, which ones?

Reactions: marti57

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
This is horrible. We trade Patches for two sub 6 foot players who may make the NHL. I would just keep Patches if this is all we get.

Kings fan saying 'no' here, so probably in the right ballpark. I hope Habs fans aren't hoping for Vilardi + Clague.

This King fan says no to dealing Clague I honestly think the kings need him to help balance out the cap on Drews next deal. If he plays as advertised he will play with drew on the top pairing which means the cap hit will be palatable drew 11 and his 1 million at worse make a 6 million cap hit for 2 top pairing 20 + mins defense man. At worse hes a long term 2nd pairing d on a elc Sorry not giving that up for 2 years of Patches.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kings fan saying 'no' here, so probably in the right ballpark. I hope Habs fans aren't hoping for Vilardi + Clague.
Gotta love how that Kings fan entire argument for not including Clague in a trade for Pacioretty is based on

"If he plays as advertised"

As though his play in the WHL right now is sustainable/translatable to the NHL next year lol

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Horrible? JAD is lightning quick, is great at faceoffs and is lighting up the WHL. He’s still 18 (turns 19 in Sept). Clague is a great LD prospect. Two of the Habs biggest needs would be addressed by giving up one player that we don’t want here longterm. If they were both 1 inch taller you’d be okay with it. Such an arbitrary number to say “sub 6 foot players”.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Jones, RyJo, Drouin?

They weren’t prospects.

Drouin had the least games played among the three when they were traded, at like 165 games.

My question was actually more in line with who are the best Center prospects that have been traded? Pre-NHL prospect, but post- draft.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They weren’t prospects.

Drouin had the least games played among the three when they were traded, at like 165 games.

My question was actually more in line with who are the best Center prospects that have been traded? Pre-NHL prospect, but post- draft.

Lazar, Dano, McCann, Barzal (but he was a pick at the time) are the only ones I found that fit that criteria and were listed as centres when drafted.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Lazar, Dano, McCann, Barzal (but he was a pick at the time) are the only ones I found that fit that criteria and were listed as centres when drafted.

This is ultimately what makes me incredibly pessimistic when it comes to Pacioretty trades for Vilardi or Thomas.

There’s no close to no precedent of top prospect centers being traded. It’ll be interesting if he creates one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad