Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I'd like to see a trade around JAD and Clague. ... plus a pick.

Habs get a defenseman. Kings keep their 'top center prospect'. The pick .... that's negotiable - whether it's a 1st or 2nd - perhaps Mtl adds a 2nd (or non-Scherbak prospect) to make it a 1st.

Patches + McCarron
JAD + Clague + 1st

Reactions: le_sean

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I would not take on Gaborik salary at his age. I have the Tavares (plus another significant piece) door open until he closes it. Adding Gaborik hurts this plan big time. Now if Tavares re-signs with the Islanders prior to the deadline, I would entertain the idea but the Kings are coughing up some serious futures.

I would love to know what the best offers for Patch will be at the deadline!

But let's say the deal his Pacioretty + Alzner?
The buyout of Gaborik would cost less than Alzner...

Why would LA get rid of their 1st pick and best prospect?

With Quick at 32, Carter 33, Kopitar 30 and Doughty with only 2 yrs left on his deal.....and with a wide open division, it's pretty much their last chance to go for it with this core before blowing some things up. They might have 3 more years.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would not take on Gaborik salary at his age. I have the Tavares (plus another significant piece) door open until he closes it. Adding Gaborik hurts this plan big time. Now if Tavares re-signs with the Islanders prior to the deadline, I would entertain the idea but the Kings are coughing up some serious futures.

I would love to know what the best offers for Patch will be at the deadline!

Getting Valardi and Clague would address the two biggest needs on the team. If forced to eat Gaborik's salary to get them, and another top 50 pick, I'd do it. One year of Gaborik teaching Sherbak some finishing skills would pay dividends. Vilardi, Poehling, Evans brings depth at centre, within a year. Clague, Mete, Juulsen are 3 good d prospects. 5 top 50 picks potentially. That is how you rebuild quick. You can buyout Gaborik or better yet, put him on LTIR. But I think the fact he plays RW, whereas Pacioretty is pigeon holed as a LW, on a team with plenty of LWs, plus the prospects filling holes, and picks, makes it worthwhile. Send Mc Carron back. Still a good trade for the Habs.

Reactions: sampollock

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It definitely hampers the cap situation. With $7 million in cap space, you replace Pacioretty's salary with Gaborik's. A free agent like Stastny or Backlund eats up Plekanec's. Then you have a $4 million increase for Price, and Danault likely doubles his salary. Subtract Benn's salary, and you have about $3 million to $6 million in cap space depending on next year's cap increase. Money needed for a top 4 d-man, unless you can get Clague back, which I would want. 4th line centre is a ? The fact that none of the top line, Gallagher (due to hand issues), Hudon or Andrew Shaw are regular PKers probably favours a Froese or Logan Shaw over a McCarron.

I don't mind Gaborik, as he seems like an ideal mentor to Sherbak, as a pure goal scorer. LH shot playing RW.

I like a top 9 of

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Sherbak
Lehkonen-Backlund-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Gaborik

And Byron-Shaw as 4th line wingers. Deslauriers as a spare part.

But I only take that deal if Clague is involved, or L.A's 1st, which can be flipped for a quality d-man.

they'll fight for the 11th in the east again next season if that's the top 9 Habs have.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd like to see a trade around JAD and Clague. ... plus a pick.

Habs get a defenseman. Kings keep their 'top center prospect'. The pick .... that's negotiable - whether it's a 1st or 2nd - perhaps Mtl adds a 2nd (or non-Scherbak prospect) to make it a 1st.

Patches + McCarron
JAD + Clague + 1st
I think if the Habs throw in Galchenyuk and the rights to their own 1st this year it *might*be fair

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
But let's say the deal his Pacioretty + Alzner?
The buyout of Gaborik would cost less than Alzner...

With Quick at 32, Carter 33, Kopitar 30 and Doughty with only 2 yrs left on his deal.....and with a wide open division, it's pretty much their last chance to go for it with this core before blowing some things up. They might have 3 more years.

Personally, I would prefer we keep the Tavares door open. I know it's a long shot but I think we need to keep our options open. Even if we swap Alzner and Gaborik contract in the Patch deal, I have no plans on buying out anybody. I would entertain the idea when the Tavares door closes as my strategy would be a big fish or no fish type moves this summer.

A Gaborik buy out would be as follows...

Ry6V5ay.jpg

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would do a deal with LA where we take on Gaboriks contract. I really like Vilardi so if he is the main piece coming back, I’d be happy.

Pacioretty + McCarron

Vilardi + Gaborik + 1st + 2nd

I like Clague but I don’t see a shot of us getting both.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
If we got both clague and vilardi then taking Gaborik would be more digestable .

Its going to be interesting once Nash and another goes and teams start feeling pressure .

Is Stl or La desperate enough to give up Vilardi or Thomas . I feel like LA may be a little more desperate with their Core Age and the Doughty situation .

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I actually like the potential of a third line made up of Gaborik - Danault - Scherbak, provided that Gaborik can stay healthy. Even at his age, speed remains an asset in his game and he can still score. Scherbak would likely be the playmaking element and Danault's physical component, along with the speed to complement Gaborik's game, could make for an interesting third line.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I would do a deal with LA where we take on Gaboriks contract. I really like Vilardi so if he is the main piece coming back, I’d be happy.

Pacioretty + McCarron

Vilardi + Gaborik + 1st + 2nd

I like Clague but I don’t see a shot of us getting both.

Value wise, not far from my proposal.
Vilardi + 2nd, instead of JAD + Clague.

I'd take either deal.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Apparently Winnipeg is looking for depth Left D. Hoping we can send Benn to them. We traded Pateryn & a 4th for him. If we can get a 4th for him, I'd take it

I'd try to squeeze one of Petan/Armia/Dano out of Winnipeg for Benn. Could throw in a mid pick if necessary.

Vilardi one on one for Pac we would be pissed but hes saying

Vilardi, 1st, 2nd or Amadio, Gaborik for Pac

We eat a bad contrat and get 3 pieces

Would love this deal :nod:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro just 100% guaranteed on air that Pacioretty will be traded between now and July 1st. He said just like he told everyone that Subban was gonna be traded Pacioretty will also be traded and Pacioretty 100% knows he's getting traded. He sounded very confident when saying this so we'll see how this goes.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Marinaro just 100% guaranteed on air that Pacioretty will be traded between now and July 1st. He said just like he told everyone that Subban was gonna be traded Pacioretty will also be traded and Pacioretty 100% knows he's getting traded. He sounded very confident when saying this so we'll see how this goes.

I think it's pretty much expected. I'm not convinced the trade will happen during the season. I think the Habs might be able to get a better deal around draft time.

But if there are multiple bidders come deadline time then who knows.

Reactions: 417

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I think it's pretty much expected. I'm not convinced the trade will happen during the season. I think the Habs might be able to get a better deal around draft time.

We will not have a better offer around draft time.

The more we wait, we will get less. Why does a team will pay more for a soon to be ufa than paying the cost to have him for this year playoffs and the next.

Fake news that we will have more this summer.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Older teams need youth coming in rather than add more 30ish guys while emptying the prospect pool.

You overplay the cup window stuff imo.

They are out of the playoffs as we speak. Such a deal would make even less sense if they cant make up ground.

Reactions: shutehinside

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Any team acquiring Pacioretty before the deadline this year would have him for 2 playoff runs (yeah I know :)) instead of just one if acquired this summer so I figured his value would he higher to any team trying to trade for him right now. It's not as if the Habs really need to trade him so they should be asking for more right now and could hopefully get a higher value.

Maybe his value won't drop if they wait until the summer but I just figured his value would be higher before the deadline this season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We will not have a better offer around draft time.

The more we wait, we will get less. Why does a team will pay more for a soon to be ufa than paying the cost to have him for this year playoffs and the next.

Fake news that we will have more this summer.
Maybe because they see Pacioretty as a long term fit for their team?

And they want to get a jump on signing a player who will be a UFA next summer and is no doubt to attract alot of interest.

I know Pacioretty is persona-non grata around here, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that another team sees a 29yr old, proven and productive goal scorer like Pacioretty, as someone they want to commit too long term.

We may no want him anymore but trust me, other teams don't view it the same.

I actually think the odds the Habs get the deal they need to move Pacioretty is MORE likely at the draft, then it is the next 2 weeks.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Any team acquiring Pacioretty before the deadline this year would have him for 2 playoff runs (yeah I know :)) instead of just one if acquired this summer so I figured his value would he higher to any team trying to trade for him right now. It's not as if the Habs really need to trade him so they should be asking for more right now and could hopefully get a higher value.

Maybe his value won't drop if they wait until the summer but I just figured his value would be higher before the deadline this season.
Its possible that some team(s) see Pacioretty as a perfect fit and have no qualms about committing to him beyond next year.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Its possible that some team(s) see Pacioretty as a perfect fit and have no qualms about committing to him beyond next year.

Maybe and I hope that keeps his value high this summer for any team interested if he's not moved before this years deadline. I think Pacioretty will still be a Hab after the deadline and will likely be traded around the draft so hopefully the Habs get very good value for him whenever or if he's moved.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe and I hope that keeps his value high this summer for any team interested if he's not moved before this years deadline. I think Pacioretty will still be a Hab after the deadline and will likely be traded around the draft so hopefully the Habs get very good value for him whenever or if he's moved.
30 teams are bidding at the draft...........only 7-8 teams are right now..................the draft makes more sense...

What will happen first, we get a real #1 C or Bergevin fired?

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad