Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
and no Sam Bennett please, no thanks.

At this point, Bennett should be a throw in from the Flames, but Jankowski has substantially more value currently.

Bennett is skilled though, and might just be slow to reach his potential, which is quite high IMO.

Reactions: Runner77

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Obvious trades to do : Plekanec for pick(s) + Depth (Schlemko, Benn, Morrow) for whatever picks you can get

:kings
Max Pacioretty

:habs
Adrian Kempe
Kevin Gravel

:wings
Noah Juulsen
Michael McCarron

Andreas Athanasiou

:coyotes

Karl Alzner
DLR
1st 2019

Niklas Hjalmarsson
2nd 2019

Drouin-Kempe-Gallagher
Athanasiou-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Lehkonen-Danault-Hudon
4th line

Hjalmarsson-Weber
Mete-Petry
Gravel-6th D
Why would Montreal want to give up their 1st round pick in what is said to be one of the best drafts in nhl history 2019 for Hjalmarsson who is essentially another Alzner.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Why would Montreal want to give up their 1st round pick in what is said to be one of the best drafts in nhl history 2019 for Hjalmarsson who is essentially another Alzner.

Way I see it :

Habs

Hjalmarsson is better than Alzner
Get rid of Alzner's contract
*you probably forgot* but we get Yotes 2nd round pick (which will be early 2nd round).

Basically we drop a few spots (we're used to draft 20+) to get the better player & remove an overpaid contract on salary & terms

Coyotes

Gets an NHL body on a longer contract (helps them to reach the cap floor)
Move a few spots from 2nd pick to 1st
Gets a young warm body to play C for them.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don’t tell that to Blues fans. They think he’s a franchise centre.
Its funny because they wanted a blue chip prospect +1st for a rental in Shattenkirk. They can add an elite scorer without giving up anyone from their roster. They also have Kyrou as a future top 6 center.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

To me...what Robert Thomas does the rest of his junior career is irrelevant.

He's in his draft year +1, he was a 1st round pick, he's SUPPOSED to dominate.

We'll get a better idea of what his future holds when he takes the next step to pro hockey.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Obvious trades to do : Plekanec for pick(s) + Depth (Schlemko, Benn, Morrow) for whatever picks you can get

:kings
Max Pacioretty

Adrian Kempe
Kevin Gravel

:wings
Noah Juulsen
Michael McCarron

Andreas Athanasiou

:coyotes

Karl Alzner
DLR
1st 2019

Niklas Hjalmarsson
2nd 2019

Drouin-Kempe-Gallagher
Athanasiou-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Lehkonen-Danault-Hudon
4th line

Hjalmarsson-Weber
Mete-Petry
Gravel-6th D
Ya no to any of those..

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
That looks like an amazing deal for Montreal. Strome looks solid in the AHL and was a former #3 overall in 2015. Domi already has 193 NHL games under his belt as a 22 year old. I think he might have been rushed into the NHL but he has great upside as the former 12th overall from 2013. The 2019 1st could easily be a top 3 overall next year as well. Two young center prospects on cost controlled entry level contracts plus an amazing pick just sounds like way too much for the Coyotes to give unless they think Strome and Domi are busting. I'm no professional scout but this sure looks good to me as a Habs fan

Both are still pretty big question marks, which is why I think that Arizona could potentially move them for a bit of stability in Pacioretty. Domi has had pretty big decreases in production for 2 straight seasons now and Strome has failed to make an impact every time at the NHL level. It's not ideal for us, but it's the kind of risk reward that we need to be looking for. Especially because they can both play center. Arizona has a good young team (about to be younger after another high draft pick), a team that would likely go a long way by insulating that young talent with a star player like Pacioretty. In a slump season he'd still be their leading goal scorer.

Makes 0 sense for arizona.
Also Patch isnt worth that much. Strome still has a ton of value.

Arizona has a huge need for a scoring winger right now. Especially one of Pacioretty's pedigree. In the midst of a slump year, he'd still be their leading goal scorer. I think as long as they can negotiate a new contract before confirming a deal, that Pacioretty absolutely has Strome level value.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Arizona has a huge need for a scoring winger right now. Especially one of Pacioretty's pedigree. In the midst of a slump year, he'd still be their leading goal scorer. I think as long as they can negotiate a new contract before confirming a deal, that Pacioretty absolutely has Strome level value.

Even if they wanted Patch that badly, theres still no way they would give up their 1st 19.
It could easily be a top 5 pick.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
It could easily be a top 5 pick.

I don't know about that. Add a Pacioretty to an offense as talented and young as Arizona's and all of a sudden their biggest weakness is much improved. They have a good defence... Get average goaltending and they are a fringe playoff team. But even still, if the worry is that they might end up with a top 5 pick than make it conditional.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Jack Hughes is supposed to be comparable to McDavid. His skating and hands are apparently all pro. This team HAS to tank next year, it would be the smartest thing they could do. He would change the franchise.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Way I see it :

Habs

Hjalmarsson is better than Alzner
Get rid of Alzner's contract
*you probably forgot* but we get Yotes 2nd round pick (which will be early 2nd round).

Basically we drop a few spots (we're used to draft 20+) to get the better player & remove an overpaid contract on salary & terms

The way it looks right now the Habs 2019 1st could easily be a top 10 and not a 20+

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone else think a deal around Max Domi for an extended Pacioretty this summer makes a lot of sense all around?

Max Domi
Dylan Strome
2019 1st round pick

for

Max Pacioretty (extended)
Charlie Lindgren

Sign me up for this trade. However, I doubt Arizona does this.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
At this point, Bennett should be a throw in from the Flames, but Jankowski has substantially more value currently.

Bennett is skilled though, and might just be slow to reach his potential, which is quite high IMO.

At this point if the price is low , Id probably be willing trade for a few reclamation project centers. Guys like Bennett in Calgary and Reinhart in Buffalo

Gotta reiterate though : If the price is cheap. Wouldn't be interested if they are the centerpiece(s) of a Patches deal for exemple. But for a low pick and/or one of our struggling prospect ? Sure. We don,t have much too lose at this point and who knows...a change of scenery and not playing behind guys Monahan/Eichel/ROR/Backlund may help and one of them may end up as becoming a legitimate top 6 C

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Anyone else think a deal around Max Domi for an extended Pacioretty this summer makes a lot of sense all around?

Max Domi
Dylan Strome
2019 1st round pick

for

Max Pacioretty (extended)
Charlie Lindgren

I'll go even further

Domi
Ekman-Larsson
1st

for

Pacioretty (extended prior to trade)
Price

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
At this point if the price is low , Id probably be willing trade for a few reclamation project centers. Guys like Bennett in Calgary and Reinhart in Buffalo

Gotta reiterate though : If the price is cheap. Wouldn't be interested if they are the centerpiece(s) of a Patches deal for exemple. But for a low pick and/or one of our struggling prospect ? Sure. We don,t have much too lose at this point and who knows...a change of scenery and not playing behind guys Monahan/Eichel/ROR/Backlund may help and one of them may end up as becoming a legitimate top 6 C

I'm all for taking a chance on some underachieving high picks, but the price needs to be in line. Bennett is on a great contract IF he breaks out and I have no idea if Reinhart will ever be anything special.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad