Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Calling Patches a top 5 goals scorer is a false truth in and of itself.

One for one, maybe not, but we could do a LOT worse than Strome for Pacioretty.
maxy is a 30+ goal man
great contract for 1 more year
and not old

if those are not things a team wants to add for the playoffs, I don't know what is.

everyone was so bent on Hanzel, maxy beats him out of all these things

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So what? He's still a kid, give it time. Whether he was picked 3rd overall or not is irrelevant, especially considering he's absolutely killing it in the AHL right now, again, as a rookie.

Blake Wheeler took a while to make a name for himself, and he was a 5th overall pick. Look at him now.

It's tough to get a good read on Strome. He looked awful on Arizona but that team is in worse shape than is, not sure it's the best environment for a guy who still needs development.

That said, Strome's speed and not just his skating, but just how fast he reads the game is lacking at the NHL. He's kind of like Stone in that he slows the game, but Stone is strong and has the most underrated set of hands. He's not a bull like Draisaitl either.

I don't know, he's not a bust yet but there's some big red flags. Guy was playing with some incredible talent in the CHL, too.

He's producing at around the same pace his brother was at the same age. Maybe he's an NHLer, but I'm not willing to say he'll be a better than average one. I think MB can do better.

Anyways, I don't see why the Coyotes would even trade for Pacioretty.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Any team that trades for Max Pacioretty at the deadline, will be aiming to win the Stanley Cup this year and next. That leaves out Arizona Coyotes believe Dat!!! St.Louis, Anaheim, NYI's, Leafs, Calgary, any teams on the cusp of possibly winning the Stanley Cup, will be bidding for the Habs sniper & Captain. He's exactly the type of player NHL Playoff teams are looking to trade for, one that can distance other contenders from themselves. Chicago is missing Hossa in a big way, Pacioretty(Scoring sniper/PKer) & Plekanec(PK & defensive center) would give them the scorer & defensive center faceoff man, so much in demand for long playoff runs.
Two additions of character players looking to win a Stanley Cup, any of the above teams would be wise to sign these players IMHO!!!...:devdance::banana::banana::devdance::pickle::pickle: .Really glad to see Plekanec scoring his 600th point as a Hab the other night, exemplifies the work ethic the Habs Championship teams have always had.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Let me guess PK lover ? Shaw is having a great year. Weber replaced your loverboy, still stings ?
Shaw is not having a great year, he's been decent, unless the bar was set very low so decent has now become ''great''.
Oh, and grow up man.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Shaw, maxy and plecs , gone at the deadline for youth and and picks

that is what i would love to see.

I would add Benn, Morrow and Schlemko to get us picks in the 3rd to 5th rounds.

We really need to see what we have in Learnout, Juillson, Mete ...etc.

Seeing Alzner go would be a fantasy at this point.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Why 5 seasons?

Over the last 4 he's 10th.

Over the last 3 he's T12th.

Over the last 2 he's T19th.

This season he's T77th.

Notice a trend? Calling him a top 5 goal scorer implies he's going to be a top 5 goal scorer in the foreseeable future. Do you expect that to be the case?

He's a 30/65 winger. Which is good, very good even. But let's calm down with the hyperbole.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not even kidding, I think Pacioretty bounces back big time if he gets traded. He won't be the captain, the attention won't be on him, and he won't be the only guy that is expected to score which will definitely help him. As for his playoff woes, he is 0.5 PPG on a team averaging 1.8 goals for. He will be fine once the other team won't have to only focus on him as a threat.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why 5 seasons?

This season he's T77th.

Notice a trend? Calling him a top 5 goal scorer implies he's going to be a top 5 goal scorer in the foreseeable future. Do you expect that to be the case?

He's a 30/65 winger. Which is good, very good even. But let's calm down with the hyperbole.

It’s not hyperbole. Inside 5 years because it’s shows a sample size of consistency over a prolonged period of time. He’s scored at least 30 goals in every season since 2011 (lock out excluded though he was pacing for 30+). Thats saying something. You’re making it sound as if he’s an all right goal scorer when the fact and the numbers show he’s one of the top snipers in the game and has been for a very long time. He’s also led the team in points for that entire time and plays in all situations. This one “bad” season is distorting the short term numbers but doesn’t take away from his ability to score goals as he’s shown he can or from the complete player he is. He is easily the best forward available at this years deadline and we need to trade him for what he’s worth. Strome and Domi do not equal Patches. Not by a long shot.

Also, did I mention his centres have been DD, Danault and Drouin who’s actually a LW trying to play centre.

Last edited:
Reactions: 417

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not sure how relevant that's supposed to be.

He's also 1st in empty net goals over the same timeframe.

#MaxEmptynetty

It shows he’s the most clutch player in Habs history as he leads all time in GWG and that the coach trusts him to be on the ice when the team is protecting a one goal lead at the end of the game. Both help shade the picture that is Max Pacioretty.

Bilgerat10

Feb 14, 2010
Michigan
It shows he’s the most clutch player in Habs history as he leads all time in GWG and that the coach trusts him to be on the ice when the team is protecting a one goal lead at the end of the game. Both help shade the picture that is Max Pacioretty.
Most clutch player ... who never, ever shows up in the playoffs when it counts.

Reactions: Ricck

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Patches score a lot of goals and is good defensively.

To score his goals he needs D that can hit him with the stretch pass to send him up ice or players who can create space for him in the O zone that he can move into and shoot.

What Patches is not, as he chooses not to, is a guy who will fight to get to the net and muck it up there. He is not Rads. This is one of the reasons his production drops post season. Teams are better defensively and don't just give us the stretch pass and it's a lot tighter in the O zone. I thought Drouin would create space for Patches buy that hasn't worked.

I don't think Patches production is going to drop off a cliff over the next few years, but we are not a Cup contender and if we ink him to a big contract we are still.missing key pieces to be a contender. So it's pointless and then we just have an aging guy with a big contract whose value tanks.

I'm not dumping on him, but I think my assessment of him is fair, and we need to trade him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Most clutch player ... who never, ever shows up in the playoffs when it counts.

When there is ONE scoring threat the opposing team needs to shut down, it becomes a lot easier to game plan.

Let’s see Patches play on a team with more than one scoring option and we’ll see if he still doesn’t show up. People who watch the games see he competes as hard as you can when playing with 2 or 3 opposing players draped on your back. But then again, he’s an easy whipping boy because of his incredible scoring consistency over a long period of time. People like you are part of the reason we can’t have nice things and premier players don’t want to come here. But hey, you got your shot in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Interesting to note about Patch after looking at that site...

- 38 GWG. Ranks 2nd and 3 behind Ovi.

- 7 short handed goals. Ranks 17th and also ranks 2nd within the top 10 NHL goal scorers.

- 0.425 goals/game average. Ranks 12th with all current players including Boeser.

I suspect Patch will have a dip in stats and be more of a 25-30 NHL goal scorer in the next few years. However, it's hard to say what he could do if he had a legit top 2 center to play with.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why 5 seasons?

This season he's T77th.

The trend you present has a bit to do with the talent Patch plays with in our top 6 and our center depth but I get your point. The only trend I see is a slight up/down in each year. This year he likely does not score 30 and it has a lot to do with our top 6 talent.

2011-2012:
33 goals in 79 games (Ranks 17th)
2012-2013: 15 goals in 44 games, which prorates to 28 goals (Ranks 43rd)
2013-2014: 39 goals in 73 games (ranks 4th)
2014-2015: 37 goals in 82 games (ranks 5th)
2015-2016: 30 goals in 81 games (ranks 19th)
2016-2017: 35 goals in 81 games (ranks 8th)
2017-2018: 16 goals in 53 games which prorates to 25 goals so far.

Compared to Benn who is tied with Patch with 157 goals over the last 5 years including this year...
- Over the last 4 years, Benn is ranked 7th (Patch 10th)
- Over the last 3 years, Benn is ranked 8th (Patch tied 11th)
- Over the last 2 years, Benn is ranked 26th with 47 goals (Patch is 18th)

I think Patch is a legit goal scorer in this league. He could be top 5 one year or top 20 another year but he has proven over a few seasons that he is a top 5 or top 10 NHL goal scorer. Of course there will be some who passes him as the young kids start to prove themselves but the point is he has a elite level shot and can score from anywhere.

Last edited:

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Why would Arizona want Pacioretty?

They have Stepan, Dvorak, and Keller who can all play center and 4 players in their top 6 who are under 22. They are about to add another high end young player who will likely be in the NHL within the next year or two. Adding an extended Pacioretty gives then a high skilled veteran presence that can most importantly score some goals for them.

They have a high end core of young talent producing in the NHL right now in Perlini, Fischer, Dvorak, and Keller...If Domi could score I'd add him too, but he's spiraling into a question mark. At some point you have to consider adding some established talent to it to give your team a chance.

Reactions: WinterLion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Not even kidding, I think Pacioretty bounces back big time if he gets traded. He won't be the captain, the attention won't be on him, and he won't be the only guy that is expected to score which will definitely help him. As for his playoff woes, he is 0.5 PPG on a team averaging 1.8 goals for. He will be fine once the other team won't have to only focus on him as a threat.

Pccioretti is a great player. There is no doubt. The question Bergevin needs to ask is whether he signs him after next year. If the answer is no, which I think it is, then he must explore trade offers... which he is doing. I'm still not sure this gets done, but I know Bergevin will be working hard on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad