Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
The trend you present has a bit to do with the talent Patch plays with in our top 6 and our center depth but I get your point. The only trend I see is a slight up/down in each year. This year he likely does not score 30 and it has a lot to do with our top 6 talent.

2011-2012:
33 goals in 79 games (Ranks 17th)
2012-2013: 15 goals in 44 games, which prorates to 28 goals (Ranks 43rd)
2013-2014: 39 goals in 73 games (ranks 4th)
2014-2015: 30 goals in 82 games (ranks 5th)
2015-2016: 35 goals in 81 games (ranks 9th)
2016-2017: 16 goals in 53 games which prorates to 25 goals so far.

Compared to Benn who is tied with Patch with 157 goals over the last 5 years including this year...
- Over the last 4 years, Benn is ranked 7th (Patch 10th)
- Over the last 3 years, Benn is ranked 8th (Patch tied 11th)
- Over the last 2 years, Benn is ranked 26th with 47 goals (Patch is 18th)

I think Patch is a legit goal scorer in this league. He could be top 5 one year or top 20 another year but he has proven over a few seasons that he is a top 5 or top 10 NHL goal scorer. Of course there will be some who passes him as the young kids start to prove themselves but the point is he has a elite level shot and can score from anywhere.

I like this debate. He's definitely been one of the leagues best for some time. I would love to keep him, but I'm not into marrying him to a long contract at age 30.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like this debate. He's definitely been one of the leagues best for some time. I would love to keep him, but I'm not into marrying him to a long contract at age 30.

It's simple with me.

1. Trade him before this deadline but only if the return is very solid. (Top prospect, 1st round pick, and another NHL ready piece)

2. If #1 don't happen which is likely, I see what what we can get at the draft. Maybe we can pull off a Lucic type trade (Jones and a 1st.. 13th pick). If a team is willing to give us a top 10 or top 15 pick and another proven piece that we can use, I would consider it.

3. If #2 don't happen. I see what Patch wants for a 5 year deal (age 31-35). My max AAV would be $6.5M. If he wants more, we let him walk into next year as a Pending UFA where he has to prove himself as a 30+ NHL goal scorer again.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's simple with me.

1. Trade him before this deadline but only if the return is very solid. (Top prospect, 1st round pick, and another NHL ready piece)

2. If #1 don't happen which is likely, I see what what we can get at the draft. Maybe we can pull off a Lucic type trade (Jones and a 1st.. 13th pick). If a team is willing to give us a top 10 or top 15 pick and another proven piece that we can use, I would consider it.

3. If #2 don't happen. I see what Patch wants for a 5 year deal (age 31-35). My max AAV would be $6.5M. If he wants more, we let him walk into next year as a Pending UFA where he has to prove himself as a 30+ NHL goal scorer again.

I'm kinda with you in I think #1 won't happen. I don't want to give the guy away so if the offers aren't great, hold on to him a bit.

#2 is plausible. We'll have to see who ends up in the #10-#15 range which would be my minimum as a starting point.

#3, sure, I can see that, but I want to add a #2.5...

Not that I think there is any chance of it, I could see MB waiting to see what happens July 1st. Assume he tries for Tavares, he's going to have to keep Pacioretty IMO. If I were JT, while not having Max there won't be a deal breaker, I would favor a team if I were to be playing with a good trigger man.

More likely, Tavares will say no, and I think having learned his lesson with Price and assuming Patches doesn't hit 30 goals this season, I could see him letting Pacioretty go into 2018-2019 without being resigned and seeing how things shake out with Max and the team.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Pccioretti is a great player. There is no doubt. The question Bergevin needs to ask is whether he signs him after next year. If the answer is no, which I think it is, then he must explore trade offers... which he is doing. I'm still not sure this gets done, but I know Bergevin will be working hard on this.

Not sure if it’s correct. He’s got a deadly shot but that’s a one trick pony. He’s been shutdown twice by Mcdonagh in the playoffs. Never shows up for big games. Never there when we need him the most. Scores about 4 goals a game against Arizona and Buffalo. And don’t get me started on mr open net. Empty net goals.

He’s a one dimensional player just like Alex Galchenyuk. The team has way too many of one dimensional. Pacioretty Drouin Galchenyuk.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Max is traded at the draft.

More teams to bargain with at the draft, and the acquiring team could gauge interest in him signing a contract extension before officially signing in July. I don't see such discussions happening around the deadline.

Also, i think there's more opportunity for a "hockey trade" at the draft, rather than the pick/prospect packages offered up on TDL day. MB would likely want a player back if he doesn't want to retool. I don't like this scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The problem with a “hockey trade” is it sounds like Max would be given up for a single player of equal value, both teams filling needs (ie RNH for Max). If he’s traded now it will be for multiple future pieces which to me fits more with what the Habs need. Plus you trade him now and the team sucks more and has a higher chance at a lottery pick. The effect is two-fold.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not sure if it’s correct. He’s got a deadly shot but that’s a one trick pony. He’s been shutdown twice by Mcdonagh in the playoffs. Never shows up for big games. Never there when we need him the most. Scores about 4 goals a game against Arizona and Buffalo. And don’t get me started on mr open net. Empty net goals.

He’s a one dimensional player just like Alex Galchenyuk. The team has way too many of one dimensional. Pacioretty Drouin Galchenyuk.
Radulov is a hell of a player after all.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Patches is a great player . I want to trade him because he is our best trade chip to get a young center (i.e Rob Thomas) and his next contract will look like a reward for what he has done and I dont want to pay him 8/8 or more . Put him on Stl LA NSH etc and its a massive move for them .

Stl seems like the ideal scenario but its seeming like they dont want to give up Thomas . If i was STL , I would be all in but thats my opinion .

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
McGuire on TSN 690 said in a trade for Weber he'd be asking for an elite prospect, a puck moving defenceman and a 1st (or another good prospect). Toronto obviously has interest.

Nylander, Liljegren/Dermott and 1st?

I feel like that's too much from Toronto but who knows! :naughty:

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
The trend you present has a bit to do with the talent Patch plays with in our top 6 and our center depth but I get your point. The only trend I see is a slight up/down in each year. This year he likely does not score 30 and it has a lot to do with our top 6 talent.

2011-2012:
33 goals in 79 games (Ranks 17th)
2012-2013: 15 goals in 44 games, which prorates to 28 goals (Ranks 43rd)
2013-2014: 39 goals in 73 games (ranks 4th)
2014-2015: 30 goals in 82 games (ranks 5th)
2015-2016: 35 goals in 81 games (ranks 9th)
2016-2017: 16 goals in 53 games which prorates to 25 goals so far.

Compared to Benn who is tied with Patch with 157 goals over the last 5 years including this year...
- Over the last 4 years, Benn is ranked 7th (Patch 10th)
- Over the last 3 years, Benn is ranked 8th (Patch tied 11th)
- Over the last 2 years, Benn is ranked 26th with 47 goals (Patch is 18th)

I think Patch is a legit goal scorer in this league. He could be top 5 one year or top 20 another year but he has proven over a few seasons that he is a top 5 or top 10 NHL goal scorer. Of course there will be some who passes him as the young kids start to prove themselves but the point is he has a elite level shot and can score from anywhere.
Obviously you see an up/down trend each year, you have the wrong stats, we're in the 2017-18 season and you forgot his 37 goals season.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
McGuire on TSN 690 said in a trade for Weber he'd be asking for an elite prospect, a puck moving defenceman and a 1st (or another good prospect). Toronto obviously has interest.

Nylander, Liljegren/Dermott and 1st?

I feel like that's too much from Toronto but who knows! :naughty:
The "Toronto obviously has interest" part is interesting indeed !

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
The idiot Eklund says Bergevin interested in Saad another winger who is having a terrible year......could be true knowing Bergevin.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
The idiot Eklund says Bergevin interested in Saad another winger who is having a terrible year......could be true knowing Bergevin.

Buying low on Saad would actually be reasonably smart if he was a player you liked before this year. He's just been going through a shooting percentage blip this season, his shot rate 5on5 is basically the same as his previous two seasons.

Reactions: WinterLion

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sounds like Bergevin type of deal.

Former Blackhawks? Yes
Big Salary? Yes
Declining play? Yes
Winger? Yes

Bergevin: bring it on!

axman88

Apr 5, 2007

Chicago must be liking the Panarin trade :sarcasm:

Honestly, our holes are at Center and LD so unless Bergevin has a deal to flip Saad for a Center...no interest...even if it were Shaw for Saad.

We are loaded at wing: Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Patches, Lehkonen, Byron, Scherback, Shaw... and only one legit Center who is nearing the end of his career, Plekanec.

The difference between last year and this year is that at least we had Desharnais as someone who could play Center.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Brendan Smith on waivers.

This is someone I hope we put a claim on. Especially if you're going the rebuild route. If you move Weber, Petry, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko, etc. He's young enough with enough experience to eat minutes on the blue line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Obviously you see an up/down trend each year, you have the wrong stats, we're in the 2017-18 season and you forgot his 37 goals season.

Thanks, I went back and fixed it. The trends I see is Patch has been a top 5 or top 10 NHL goal scorer in the last 4 seasons prior to this year but this year is obviously a big drop due to the lack of team results with the Habs. It will be very interesting to see if he gets back to the 30+ goal mark next year (with the Habs or not with the Habs)

Reactions: Gains

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Brendan Smith on waivers.

This is someone I hope we put a claim on. Especially if you're going the rebuild route. If you move Weber, Petry, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko, etc. He's young enough with enough experience to eat minutes on the blue line.

Yeah I like that idea.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think I prefer the idea of holding onto Pacioretty through the deadline, unless some team steps up with a crazy offer. It gives you more options at the draft and brings teams picking higher into the mix. Teams like Edmonton, Florida, etc. will have no reason to make a deadline deal but could look to make a splash in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad