Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Brutal contract.

$6 mil for 3 more years after this with only a modified NTC in the last year for a 25 year old winger that drives possession and scoring chances better than the vast majority of the league? With decent defensive contributions. Doesn't seem that brutal to me. Its not like its worse the Drouin's or Galchenyuk's.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
$6 mil for 3 more years after this with only a modified NTC in the last year for a 25 year old winger that drives possession and scoring chances better than the vast majority of the league? With decent defensive contributions. Doesn't seem that brutal to me. Its not like its worse the Drouin's or Galchenyuk's.
It is. He isn't producing a lot despite always playing with top players.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Kruger's "intangibles" may have amazing chemistry with Cap Space. I mean you never know until you try, right? RIGHT!??!

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
It is. He isn't producing a lot despite always playing with top players.

In this bad year for him, at ES, he's 1st line caliber G/60. With the lowest shooting % of his career. He's usually among the better ES producers in the NHL. ES being where Montreal is struggling the most. He's 25. If the price doesn't interfere with a rebuild or retool, you jump at the chance to get him.

Reactions: Roke

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Regarding off-season acquisitions, how about HV71's Lawrence Pilut? Puck moving D. He has 21 pts in his last 16 GP in SEL. Could be a potential bargain bin signing.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
The Hab fan portion of me certainly is on the brink, but will only bite the bullet if MB is allowed to do another horrible move like trading Galchenyuk for Saad.

I'm really not sure that trade would be terrible (with the caveat being that I think Galchenyuk is going UFA in 3 years and wont re-sign with Montreal).

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Bergevin already has "FAIL" tatooed on his forehead.

The only thing we don't yet know is his level of desperation.

He's desperate to keep his job. He's going to push for the playoffs.

It's more likely that Weber is moved in the summer. 18-19 his actual salary drops to $6M. Allows him to return from injury and look good before the season is over. And hopefully a new GM who doesn't feel guilty about pulling the trigger.

Reactions: Runner77

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
He's desperate to keep his job. He's going to push for the playoffs.

It's more likely that Weber is moved in the summer. 18-19 his actual salary drops to $6M. Allows him to return from injury and look good before the season is over. And hopefully a new GM who doesn't feel guilty about pulling the trigger.

he is not going to push for the playoffs. He can't.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Shaw for Jenner would make sense

Jenner to MTL makes sense. Good in the dot, leader, still young, physical presence, potential for 20+ goals. I'm not sure if Shaw is the player to trade for him though considering Jenner is bigger, cheaper, and has higher scoring potential. If MTL added a significant piece to Shaw, I think it could be a good deal for both teams - Shaw is potentially cheaper, more experienced, playing better right now, and has shown himself to be an important playoff performer.

Shaw is for the playoffs and we're not making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad