Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
That's funny, stats and multiple teams would disagree with you...you know the people who get paid to do the evaluating.

The people who get paid to do the evaluating that currently have both the NHL and AHL franchises in the cellars of their respective leagues?

I’m insulting Bergevin and saying he is an idiot, and he would gladly offer up more than he should pay for a young French Center.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Lebrun just said he talked to a source today and the Pens don't like Pleks 6 million dollar salary and doesn't see anything really happening with Pleks to the Pens according to his source. Said they kinda like the player but not the salary.

I wonder if they would be interested if the Habs retained on Pleks?

I don't see why we wouldn't retain 50% till the end of the year...

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Lebrun just said he talked to a source today and the Pens don't like Pleks 6 million dollar salary and doesn't see anything really happening with Pleks to the Pens according to his source. Said they kinda like the player but not the salary.

I don't see why they couldn't, but then again i don't know much about how it work, might be more complicated than it looks. Plekanec should cost around 400K at the deadline if retained at 50%

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't see why we wouldn't retain 50% till the end of the year...

Because MB. He likes Plekanec gonna be an excuse to keep him.

I'm so afraid we wont be seller. And i can't wait for the excuses at the end of the season after we missed the playoffs by 2 points.

Can this club make the playoffs? Of course not.

If we split the three games with the Flyers will Bergevin try? You betcha.

If we get to 6 points (or 8 points with 1 game in hand, 10 points with 2 games in hand, ...) before the deadline he'll try. The guy is lost. He used to try to build thru draft. Failing at it but still trying. But he's not anymore. He doesn't know what he is doing. I'll gladly retire that once he proves me wrong. IMO something broke the year of the collapse and i think we're past the point of no return.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This makes absolutely no sense to me. This is one of the few times I will call BS on LeBrun. Habs retained on expiring contracts before. They did on Weise and DD last year. They will absolutely retain on Plekanec.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This makes absolutely no sense to me. This is one of the few times I will call BS on LeBrun. Habs retained on expiring contracts before. They did on Weise and DD last year. They will absolutely retain on Plekanec.

yea for me lebrun is below bobby mac in terms of reliability but I'm not sure how this makes any sense. If the habs retain 50 percent the pens are what? 800 K on the cap?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
People crave rumours and information about what's going on behind the scenes; then bitch about the people providing it and question their integrity.

Friedman is a hack.
LeBrun isn't reliable.
He's not Bob McKenzie.

You can't have it both ways.

Take it for what it is. Guys that talk to hockey men and deduce information they get and relay it to fans to create buzz and talk.

Reactions: blarneylad

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
On top of that, Martin Lemay today said that he believes the rumor that Habs may actually extend Plekanec is a false rumor that the organization leaked out to the media so Plekanec's value may rise.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't see why they couldn't, but then again i don't know much about how it work, might be more complicated than it looks. Plekanec should cost around 400K at the deadline if retained at 50%

We should be retaining on anybody that is signed only through next season to boost return. Because it really should.

Of course, maybe Geffy Ballard wants to hang on to his dough.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

It does to me! In my mind? MB tried to lowball, what appears to be, a perennial Stanley Cup organization and they laughed in his face.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

1 for 1? That would be balsy move for Vegas. Actually think it would be dumb to mortgage future so quickly. I feel like they could add somebody cheaper to shore up what is already working. Really don't think that roster has what it takes once the 2nd season starts and has to play a tough west team 7 games

But on habs end is that even enough value coming back?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
1 for 1? That would be balsy move for Vegas. Actually think it would be dumb to mortgage future so quickly. I feel like they could add somebody cheaper to shore up what is already working. Really don't think that roster has what it takes once the 2nd season starts and has to play a tough west team 7 games

Glass is a 6th overall pick. A centre.

Rangers traded Stepan, a top 2C for 7th overall in 2017 draft.

Maybe you get their late 1st at most. Probably not.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Glass is a 6th overall pick. A centre.

Rangers traded Stepan, a top 2C for 7th overall in 2017 draft.

Maybe you get their late 1st at most. Probably not.
I'm sorry, did you just say that Pacioretty is only worth a late 1st?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I'm sorry, did you just say that Pacioretty is only worth a late 1st?

No.

Pointing out that Derek Stepan got the Rangers the 7th overall pick in 2017.

That Cody Glass was the 6th overall pick.

Corey Schneider got Nucks the 9th OA.

In reply to whether we could get more than Glass for Patches.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lebrun is an idiot Plekanec does not have a 8 million cap hit season is already more than half over.

Lebrun was only passing along info he received from his "source" so I guess his "source" is the idiot here. Anyway was there any need to even call one of the more respected NHL insiders in Lebrun an idiot. That was totally uncalled for if you ask me.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

No it's not enough volume back. But if Glass is the centerpiece that Habs get back in such a trade, I'm for it. Vegas would need to add. I honestly don't think Vegas would do it. Because if I was Habs, I'd be asking for Glass, Theodore, and a pick(s).

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad