Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

True

I just like the kid . He is big , good skating , great shot and great 2 way apparently

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If Toronto would make that deal, I'd try Patches, Petry to St. Louis for Pietrangelo plus Thomas. St. Louis gets two roster players and a lot more firepower for two + Cup runs. With Parayko being their heir apparent, he can anchor that top D position into Pietrangelo's spot.

Chucky Nylander Lehkonen
Drouin Thomas Svechnikov
Scherbak Danault Shaw
Hudon Evans Deslaurier
Byron

Mete Pietrangelo
Alzner Liljegren
Jerebek Juulsen

That's a freaking young and exciting team to think about. Sure, they'll be challenged to win at first but that's as solid a young team as you can ask for in short order. Yes, I am aware that it will never happen.
LOL. I see you snuck Svechnikov in there. This is Bergevin you're talking about. He's having a very bad year. His Saturn is in his 6th house. That kid is not tumbling into MB's lap.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I'd at least like to claim Kruger as it at least helps the depth at center. As for Smith, I contemplated claiming him but would need to move out Alzner to a team like NYI who need defense in a bad way.
Alternatively, just put DLR at centre for 1/3 the price. Kruger has one more year @ 3M. Last four years:
48 GP, 6 pts
70 GP, 17 pts
41 GP, 4 pts
81 GP, 17 pts

So basically Torrey Mitchell/Byron Froese numbers. But yup, count the ringzzzzz.

You might actually get more use out of the acquisition if you traded for him, say in fantasy land where we trade Max for whatever, take Kruger back and get another sweetener.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
he is not going to push for the playoffs. He can't.

I don't think he has to push for the play offs to keep his job. I think he needs to buy hope of a better next year.

Ideally for him he lands a young centre just starting out in the league ( I say ideally because he isn't getting an established centre) who comes in this year and looks okay, with promise he will do even better next year. Let's us put Drouin on the wing.

Otherwise he needs a centre prospect they think can step in next year. This carries bigger risk for MB, and for the young prospect. They could really rush the kid out of desperation and mess up his development

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Little late to the party there...only 2 pages behind I guess. At least it would be another actual center on the team lol

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Pacioretty and Petry for PLD.
Plekanec for a 2nd or worst case a 3rd.
Byron for a 1st or worst case a 2nd.

Drouin - PLD - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Carr
Deslauriers - DLR - Shaw

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Juulsen
Jerabek - Benn/Schlemko

Draft well in 2018/2019 and the team could be very competitive , obviously the current management can't pull it off and I'm not convinced CJ is the best guy to get offense out of our young stars.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Pacioretty and Petry for PLD + Cap dump.
Plekanec for a 2nd or worst case a 3rd.
Byron for a 1st or worst case a 2nd.

Drouin - PLD - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Carr
Deslauriers - DLR - Shaw

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Juulsen
Jerabek - Benn/Schlemko

Draft well in 2018/2019 and the team could be very competitive.

You do realize that your trading a top 4 D and a top scorer in the league over the past 5 years for a first year Nhler...not even MB is that stupid.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
You do realize that your trading a top 4 D and a top scorer in the league over the past 5 years for a first year Nhler and a cap dunp...not even MB is that stupid.

Only way to get an elite top 6C in today's NHL is drafting one or acquiring him before he blossoms (where he becomes nearly untradeable).

How has drafting one gone for us in the past?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
You do realize that your trading a top 4 D and a top scorer in the league over the past 5 years for a first year Nhler...not even MB is that stupid.
Lol you say not even mb is that stupid but you realise colombus need centermen more than anything? Theres a high chance colombus refuses this offer

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Only way to get an elite top 6C in today's NHL is drafting one or acquiring him before he blossoms (where he becomes nearly untradeable).

How has drafting one gone for us in the past?

So your philosophy is draftingoing hasn't worked so let's dismantle our defense and get rid of our yearly leader in points and goals.

Lol you say not even mb is that stupid but you realise colombus need centermen more than anything? Theres a high chance colombus refuses this offer

Your right Columbus probably does refuse but mostly because they know they aren't going to win the cup this year. They don't need petry but any real contender would pay the price for patches which is currently reported at a good prospect, a roster player, a first and 2nd.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Brendan Smith on waivers.

This is someone I hope we put a claim on. Especially if you're going the rebuild route. If you move Weber, Petry, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko, etc. He's young enough with enough experience to eat minutes on the blue line.

He has an Alzner contract and makes Alzner look like Ekblad.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
So your philosophy is draftingoing hasn't worked so let's dismantle our defense and get rid of our yearly leader in points and goals.

Your right Columbus probably does refuse but mostly because they know they aren't going to win the cup this year. They don't need petry but any real contender would pay the price for patches which is currently reported at a good prospect, a roster player, a first and 2nd.

I agree patches holds nice value

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lebrun just said he talked to a source today and the Pens don't like Pleks 6 million dollar salary and doesn't see anything really happening with Pleks to the Pens according to his source. Said they kinda like the player but not the salary.

I wonder if they would be interested if the Habs retained on Pleks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad