Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think I prefer the idea of holding onto Pacioretty through the deadline, unless some team steps up with a crazy offer. It gives you more options at the draft and brings teams picking higher into the mix. Teams like Edmonton, Florida, etc. will have no reason to make a deadline deal but could look to make a splash in June.

It depends, if someone offers me a first and a top prospect, and a 2nd round pick for Patches. I'm absolutely taking it.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If Montreal does trade Weber the best fit to me is Columbus,they have cap space,they are dead last on the PP.......Weber,Galchenyuk,Schlemko for PLD,Abramov,Karlsson,and Montreal takes back David Savard's 4.2 million and a 1st round pick.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Kruger has to be one of the most overrated players out there. Never understood the hype or appeal. Habs need to work on creating a lead in games before they can even consider trying to defend one.

Does Brendan Smith bring any more than Schlemko/Jerabek? I don't think so.

There's a reason these guys are being waived and not traded.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kruger has to be one of the most overrated players out there. Never understood the hype or appeal. Habs need to work on creating a lead in games before they can even consider trying to defend one.

Does Brendan Smith bring any more than Schlemko/Jerabek? I don't think so.

There's a reason these guys are being waived and not traded.

None of these players are turning around the team. The question is about getting roster players for free who can serve as place holders when you trade players of higher value for the tank. Then moving the Smiths and Kruger's in their final years of their contracts at the deadline to contending teams looking for depth.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The mere thought of helping the Leafs in any way sickens me so I'd rather not trade Weber there, unless the offer is really good . You can't pass on a Nylander/Marner return obviously.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The idiot Eklund says Bergevin interested in Saad another winger who is having a terrible year......could be true knowing Bergevin.

Yeah, winger, no thanks.

Is Schmaltz actually a centre ? If so, I would have interest in him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The idiot Eklund says Bergevin interested in Saad another winger who is having a terrible year......could be true knowing Bergevin.

If he can buy really low on him, do it. Saad is basically a slightly more physical, slightly less potent, younger Pacioretty getting really unlucky.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Julien can fulfill his dream of having 2 defense-only centers centering the top 2 lines for the Habs with Plekanec & Kruger.

He must be beating down Bergevin's door for him to claim him!

Yep. Then Patches for McDo and the retool is complete.

Our scoring will be in binary : 1 1 0 1 01 1 1 1 1 0 etc

Reactions: groovejuice

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I sift through this thread and am absolutely gobsmacked that anyone would even muse about the possibility that current management would entertain the idea of trading Weber or Price. Never mind the merits of the idea, it’s just not something one need waste time thinking about.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
McGuire on TSN 690 said in a trade for Weber he'd be asking for an elite prospect, a puck moving defenceman and a 1st (or another good prospect). Toronto obviously has interest.

Nylander, Liljegren/Dermott and 1st?

I feel like that's too much from Toronto but who knows! :naughty:

If Toronto would make that deal, I'd try Patches, Petry to St. Louis for Pietrangelo plus Thomas. St. Louis gets two roster players and a lot more firepower for two + Cup runs. With Parayko being their heir apparent, he can anchor that top D position into Pietrangelo's spot.

Chucky Nylander Lehkonen
Drouin Thomas Svechnikov
Scherbak Danault Shaw
Hudon Evans Deslaurier
Byron

Mete Pietrangelo
Alzner Liljegren
Jerebek Juulsen

That's a freaking young and exciting team to think about. Sure, they'll be challenged to win at first but that's as solid a young team as you can ask for in short order. Yes, I am aware that it will never happen.

Reactions: DaNaultinus

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I'd at least like to claim Kruger as it at least helps the depth at center. As for Smith, I contemplated claiming him but would need to move out Alzner to a team like NYI who need defense in a bad way.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why do the Rangers get worse and more expensive?

Maybe they feel he's a better fit for their system as they're familiar with him and he has a longer track record then Smith does. Besides, $275,000 isn't a whole heck of a lot more and I doubt it's an amount that's deal breaker.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
McGuire on TSN 690 said in a trade for Weber he'd be asking for an elite prospect, a puck moving defenceman and a 1st (or another good prospect). Toronto obviously has interest.

Nylander, Liljegren/Dermott and 1st?

I feel like that's too much from Toronto but who knows! :naughty:

That would be an awesome return

Reactions: Pacciosoftie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad