Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last year they traded a 2C in Stepan to get a 7th overall and picked a CENTRE. Called forward thinking.

Not so funny is our organization has made so many bad moves we can refer to repeats.

Did not select Dennis Savard at the draft. BAD.

Traded Chris Chelios for aging Savard. BAD.

Gave away McDo. BAD.

IF we trade Patches for McDo. BAD.

Talk about the old line where one who doesn't learn from history is condemned to repeat it. This GM has not learned, why expect a different result.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Talk about the old line where one who doesn't learn from history is condemned to repeat it. This GM has not learned, why expect a different result.
This is is hilarious actually, even if you dream about painting him as a horrible trader, you would still be wrong...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is is hilarious actually, even if you dream about painting him as a horrible trader, you would still be wrong...

Another of your appearances punctuated with the usual hyperbole and appointing yourself the arbiter of what's right and wrong.

Enjoy your tour, I won't be buying any tickets. There are better sources of information and entertainment on this forum.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Molson should just clean house now and force the rebuild.

This...

But then he'd have to lower the price of his tickets...

nvrmnd.gif

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How much is that going to cost him though?
He's still paying Therrien.
He will still need to pay Bergevin.
He's paying Julien.
He will have to pay for a new GM.

What's the cost of it all?
His soul :laugh:

I don't care what it's costing him now, and I think he should worry more about what's the cost of lifting a sunken ship from the bottom of the ocean later.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Wait, you are defending Marc Bergevin?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So it seems the Leafs, Habs, and Ducks have been scouting each other for a while now. Ducks can be a fit for Habs for Max. Two prospects I want from their pool is center Sam Steel and left defenseman Josh Mahura. Both playing with Cale Fleury for the Regina Pats in the WHL.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

So it seems the Leafs, Habs, and Ducks have been scouting each other for a while now. Ducks can be a fit for Habs for Max. Two prospects I want from their pool is center Sam Steel and left defenseman Josh Mahura. Both playing with Cale Fleury for the Regina Pats in the WHL.

How is Antoine Morand?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

watching the Pats vs blades this sunday

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Had seen that tweet on two sites (you probably spotted it at one of the same places) but I chose not to repost it as it's only relying on scout attendance. I don't find scouting attendance to be a reliable indicator but I like where you're going in terms of targeting good prospects.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If that's what Rangers are asking for Rick Nash, MB is more then justified to ask for much more than that for Max.

I believe it was McKenzie who is saying that it's a buyer's market and that current price demands will come down.

However, the Rangers's ask for Nash is good for the Habs. As is Buffalo's for Kane. Sure, it's one more asset that will compete with Pacioretty but none of these guys are going for cheap, so the chances the Habs get a substantial return, are still there.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
There have been some rumors of Carolina being interested in Pacioretty whoever you trade him to Bergevin needs to get back a skilled top future center and a puck moving D.....Pacioretty,Hawkey and Cale Fleury he would join his brother Haydn for Necas,Roy,and Bean.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I’ve always liked Steel and while I don’t know much about Mahura, I am aware he is killing it this year in the WHL. Would be great if we can get both plus a 1st rounder.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'm done if Pacioretty is still here.

We wont have more this summer.
They'll sign him to a stupid contract extension and they'll trade him for another tired piece just like Subban vs Weber. It'll be another Molson sponsored fiasco. You sign players only to trade them for "bargains".

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
According to Renaud Lavoie from Tva Sports, MaxPac wont be traded this season...

Pacioretty devrait terminer la saison à Montréal - TVA Sports

Lavoie is claiming that the probability that Pacioretty is low on the premise that he's not a rental player and that Bergevin has mentioned that he's looking for a "hockey deal" you're more likely to see in the summer. He claims he's being told by a source he doesn't identify, that he's not likely to get traded by the TDL, that there are "very good odds" that he'll remain a Hab after the TDL, but he hedges his comments by resorting to the usual "there is a lot of time between now and the TDL". And the more he spoke, the more caveats surfaced.

I'd say Renaud Lavoie has greater odds of not having a job than Pacioretty has of not getting traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad