Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Lavoie is claiming that the probability that Pacioretty is low on the premise that he's not a rental player and that Bergevin has mentioned that he's looking for a "hockey deal" you're more likely to see in the summer. He claims he's being told by a source he doesn't identify, that he's not likely to get traded by the TDL, that there are "very good odds" that he'll remain a Hab after the TDL, but he hedges his comments by resorting to the usual "there is a lot of time between now and the TDL". And the more he spoke, the more caveats surfaced.

I'd say Renaud Lavoie has greater odds of not having a job than Pacioretty has of not getting traded.
Maybe Lavoie got his info from here as I have debating as much for at least the past month.
Just very little reason to believe Bergevin is going to trade Patches, unless it includes a player that can contribute right away, which likely won't make sense to teams interested in him.
I am 99% sure Max will be a Habs come March.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
It will be a big mistake to not trade him before trade deadline.

If a team doesn't want to give you what you want right row, do bergevin really believes that this team will be willing to give it this summer while they would have Pacioretty for only 1 year?

The offers he will receives right now, are the best offers he will ever get for Pacioretty.

Im preparing myself to be f***ing mad and desappointed by this team, once again.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Avs fan come in peace.
Bowers + Kerfoot for Galchenyuk and Juulsen
Bowers (C)have almost the same stats as Peohling
Kerfoot (C or W)is 7th for point in nhl as rookie
Just not the kind of trade we're looking for Galchenyuk and we're not about to destroy the right end side of our D corps by getting rid of our main RD prospect after doing the same on the left. Besides, Peohling is pretty much headed to our bottom 6. I don't know why we'd want to stack low end/middle 6 centers. Someone is going to lack ice time and it'll backfire in our faces.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Avs fan come in peace.
Bowers + Kerfoot for Galchenyuk and Juulsen
Bowers (C)have almost the same stats as Peohling
Kerfoot (C or W)is 7th for point in nhl as rookie

If you want Galchenyuk, I counter with... Galchenyuk & McCarron for Jost, Kamenev, 2018 1st. I suspect you don't want to trade Jost just as much as we want to trade Galchenyuk. Works two ways.

Reactions: Runner77 and vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If you want Galchenyuk, I counter with... Galchenyuk & McCarron for Jost, Kamenev, 2018 1st. I suspect you don't want to trade Jost just as much as we want to trade Galchenyuk. Works two ways.

I agree, any offer targeting Galchenyuk involving Tyson Jost should be examined closely on our end.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

If a team doesn't want to give you what you want right row, do bergevin really believes that this team will be willing to give it this summer while they would have Pacioretty for only 1 year?

The offers he will receives right now, are the best offers he will ever get for Pacioretty.

i agree with you....but i have a feeling MB does not,

i think MB will play hardball at the deadline and lose,

he will keep patch and trade him at the draft, and end up getting less then he could have

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree, any offer targeting Galchenyuk involving Tyson Jost should be examined closely on our end.

I would take the Galchenyuk & McCarron for Jost, Kamenev, and 2018 1st deal. Jost and the pick is huge for our young core (team controlled assest for a long time) and Kamenev could be a decent center for us. I'd even consider adding the caps 2nd in the deal if the Avs were interested but needed another piece.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Im still confused about what is a "hockey trade "....
A hockey trade is when both ends of a trade get main pieces that can immediately slot in each team's roster. We say "hockey" players that can play at the same level as the teams acquiring team, making this a "hockey" trade. (It's dumb I admit it) ;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

It would be a bigger mistake to trade him at less than what he's worth...again, I don't know where this imaginary line in the sand has been drawn with Pacioretty.

The Habs do NOT have to trade Pacioretty, he has not requested a trade, he is not a pending UFA who the team doesn't plan on re-signing.

His future, even beyond next year, may actually be in Montreal. I think people are jumping to too many conclusions.

I'm sure that's what a lot of people thought at last years trade deadline with Matt Duchene...

I don't agree with that necessarily...any team that's looking to acquire Max Pacioretty is going to have to pay a big price, and rightfully so, and these types of deals are usually deals that are easier and more likely to pull off in the summer.

Max Pacioretty is a UFA next summer...whose to say the Habs actually don't want to keep him? Whose to say any perspective team looking to acquire Max Pacioretty, is also keen to sign him to an extension?

He's our best skater/trading chip...creating some false narrative that he MUST be traded this deadline only serves opposing GM's trying to capitalize on the Habs precarious situation.

It would be a mistake.

That being said, i've been in lockstep with @Kriss E (shocking I know) on this for the last few weeks...I don't see him being traded by this deadline.

Reactions: groovejuice

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

he will keep patch and trade him at the draft, and end up getting less then he could have
IMO, it's more likely he gets the kind of offers he's looking for to trade Pacioretty at the draft, then it is at this deadline.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Im preparing myself to be ****ing mad and desappointed by this team, once again.

To be honest, I'd rather he traded him at the draft if he will accept a little less than to trade him for less at the deadline.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
The deal Bergevin should be trying to get is Thomas and Fabbri from St. Louis for Pacioretty and Plekanec @ 50%. I would even do Pacioretty @ 50% for those two players.

Reactions: 417

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It would be a bigger mistake to trade him at less than what he's worth...again, I don't know where this imaginary line in the sand has been drawn with Pacioretty.

The Habs do NOT have to trade Pacioretty, he has not requested a trade, he is not a pending UFA who the team doesn't plan on re-signing.

His future, even beyond next year, may actually be in Montreal. I think people are jumping to too many conclusions.
One could also argue that there's a few pieces available out there so it may actually lower Max's value.
Nash, Tavares, Bailey, Vanek, Kane, Ryan, Maroon, could all be pieces added by teams. If you add Max to that list, certainly, he remains probably the 2nd or 3rd best choice available but if teams refuse to pay the premium and prefer to go through another route, well it will lower the value.
Heck, maybe the Nucks try to get something out of the Sedin twins too, which they completely should do. Those two are old but if a contender would somehow be able to get them over as depth players. It could really propel them to the top. Not saying it will happen...would be interesting though.

That being said, i've been in lockstep with @Kriss E (shocking I know) on this for the last few weeks...I don't see him being traded by this deadline.
Ya...feels dirty. :cheers:

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the habs can't get oft-injured Robby Fabbri and PROSPECT Robert Thomas for Max Pacioretty...

Then they should just forget about trading him and just re-sign him.

What's weird to me is about 50% of the Habs fan base don't value Patch and what he is really worth. Talents like this don't become available too often. NHL GM's are very much interested and waiting till last moment to see where they fit in the playoff picture and then they will reveal their best offer. Habs don't need to trade Patch and they should let a bidding war happen with Nash and Kane as Pending UFA's. Rangers and Sabres are going to trade them and the Habs may be able to take advantage as teams may change direction towards Patch because the asking price is too high (with Nash/Kane) or they lose out on the bidding war.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
One could also argue that there's a few pieces available out there so it may actually lower Max's value.
Nash, Tavares, Bailey, Vanek, Kane, Ryan, Maroon, could all be pieces added by teams. If you add Max to that list, certainly, he remains probably the 2nd or 3rd best choice available but if teams refuse to pay the premium and prefer to go through another route, well it will lower the value.
Heck, maybe the Nucks try to get something out of the Sedin twins too, which they completely should do. Those two are old but if a contender would somehow be able to get them over as depth players. It could really propel them to the top. Not saying it will happen...would be interesting though.

To me he's clearly, above and beyond any name on that list except for Tavares...who unless they fall out of the playoff race in the next 2 weeks, will absolutely not trade Tavares at this deadline.

But in theory, you're right, the more names available the less likely it becomes a contending team wants to stomach the price it will take to acquire Pacioretty. If it will save them trading one of their top prospects, i'm sure they'll go after a Vanek type of rental.

But that absolutely does not mean the Habs should be lowering their asking price to trade him. Again, there's no pressure to deal Pacioretty.
Ya...feels dirty. :cheers:

lol let's just roll with it...may not ever happen again ;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What's weird to me is about 50% of the Habs fan base don't value Patch and what he is really worth. Talents like this don't become available too often. NHL GM's are very much interested and waiting till last moment to see where they fit in the playoff picture and then they will reveal their best offer. Habs don't need to trade Patch and they should let a bidding war happen with Nash and Kane as Pending UFA's. Rangers and Sabres are going to trade them and the Habs may be able to take advantage as teams may change direction towards Patch because the asking price is too high (with Nash/Kane) or they lose out on the bidding war.
It's shocking to me...especially when you see the reports of what the Rangers are asking for Rick Nash or the Sabres for Evander Kane.

Yet if it were up to many here, Pacioretty would already be gone for half the price those teams are asking for.

I'm not even sure if I WANT Pacioretty traded, obviously if a team is willing to meet the asking price, he's gone...but otherwise, a team so desperate for goals shouldn't be liquidating it's best and only proven goal scorer.

Especially with the very real possibility that John Tavares *could* be free as a bird this summer and having Pacioretty as a recruitment tool is probably worth more than what they could get in a trade before the deadline.

The Rangers & Sabres are the teams who are desperate to sell off Nash & Kane respectively...they're the one's dealing with a deadline because they're not re-signing those players and getting value for them before they no longer can, is crucial.

It's not the same situation in Montreal.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The scariest part about trading a major asset like Patches is Eric Crawford, our head pro scout. He has a terribad track record of looking at pro talent for the Habs. Hope he gets minimal say and the whole team is making the decision which I would HOPE mean a better result.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
To be honest, I'd rather he traded him at the draft if he will accept a little less than to trade him for less at the deadline.
Agreed. The number of wingers becoming available is starting to saturate the market. Max, Vanek, Maroon, Grabner, Hoffman, Nash, Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad