Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lavoie literally made it seem like Pacioretty would be gone soon. This is why I hate insiders, we just have to wait and see, no other way of knowing.

Reactions: Runner77

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Eller is hitting UFA for the 1st time, he's not taking a pay downgrade plus he is having a good season. Eller will sign around 4.5 to 5mil. I dont want Backlund since he is bad for the tanl we need.

I don't see Eller signing anywhere for that much considering he is a 3rd line center on most teams. He knows his worth just like teams do, if it came down to it I can see at most 3.5 to 4 million x 3-4 years. Backlund would be signed as a UFA at the end of the season.....so that comment is void.

No way we get any value for Alzner. Would have to add just for some idiot gm to take him.

Believe or not every player has value and as bad as we think Alzner is, he is a serviceable 4th defensive d-man who is an upgrade on defense for some teams. Holding back like 500k to 1 mill would be enough to get some interest.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Believe or not every player has value and as bad as we think Alzner is, he is a serviceable 4th defensive d-man who is an upgrade on defense for some teams. Holding back like 500k to 1 mill would be enough to get some interest.

I've heard pundits say that optimally, Alzner is a third pairing D.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He isn't a 4th dman. He is a terribly overpaid bottom pairing dman with brutal term.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I like the NYI scenario. It gets us out of the Alzner contract, which is a diminishing returns situation the longer we hold on to the player.

As for the Shaw deal, I'd rather get a 2nd rounder in 2020 instead of a mid-level prospect.

Fair but I don't see NYI giving away that 2nd aswell. I picked the mid level prospect because he is a center and it certainly didn't hurt that he had a french name lol. I'm making a few tweaks that were mentioned but debating on keeping or not the shaw trade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fair but I don't see NYI giving away that 2nd aswell. I picked the mid level prospect because he is a center and it certainly didn't hurt that he had a french name lol. I'm making a few tweaks that were mentioned but debating on keeping or not the shaw trade.

You probably meant Chicago.

Of course, you're always going to face the quandary of whether we could do better elsewhere on the premise of the year Shaw was having prior to his injury and how injured players can still get traded.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
You probably meant Chicago.

Of course, you're always going to face the quandary of whether we could do better elsewhere on the premise of the year Shaw was having prior to his injury and how injured players can still get traded.

Yeah I meant Chicago lol

Just like nobody but Bergevin would give Alzner that contract.

Yes, but they would take him if we retained salary.

Reactions: Runner77

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Why retain on Alner for 4 more years? Why did Bergevin had to give that kind of contract to a bottom 6 dmen?

This isn't even about the trade anymore, your just a salty fan about Bergevin running your mouth again. Why don't you make a suggestion instead of just complaining since this is a trade proposal thread.

Reactions: KawaYui

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Grabner is interesting. He is like a Byron . I would trade Benn and a 3rd for him

What about Pac + 2nd for McDonagh and chityl ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This isn't even about the trade anymore, your just a salty fan about Bergevin running your mouth again. Why don't you make a suggestion instead of just complaining since this is a trade proposal thread.

Gabriiel, mariolemieux is a level-headed poster who feels burned like the rest of us -- we all feel some kind of resentment towards how Bergevin has squandered the opportunity afforded him. I like the fact that you made an attempt to try and find a way out through your trade suggestions. I don't think the intent here is to belittle your contributions, on the contrary, your suggestions are appreciated. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Im still confused about what is a "hockey trade "....

That's the expression used by Renaud Lavoie. I found it odd as well. He makes a distinction between trading a player on an expiring contract where you're just trying to get something rather than lose the player for nothing vs. a "hockey trade" where both teams are exchanging assets that are usually not rental players. It's kind of odd as to me all trades are hockey trades.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Avs fan come in peace.
Bowers + Kerfoot for Galchenyuk and Juulsen
Bowers (C)have almost the same stats as Peohling
Kerfoot (C or W)is 7th for point in nhl as rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad