Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
WTF people saying Patches for OEL...wtf is this rumor coming from and if so...MB should be shit canned yesterday! Actually I want him gone now before he messes up more shit!

Reactions: the

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
He won't be so brace yourself

I know but its wishful thinking. He should have been fired last year. I'm very afraid of what he will do to this team...even more so than what he had done already. I didn't think it could get much lower but it can. The Drouin trade is just looking like another one in a long line of stupid trades, miss signings and mismanagement. His desperation is scaring the hell out of me.

Reactions: the

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know but its wishful thinking. He should have been fired last year. I'm very afraid of what he will do to this team...even more so than what he had done already. I didn't think it could get much lower but it can. The Drouin trade is just looking like another one in a long line of stupid trades, miss signings and mismanagement. His desperation is scaring the hell out of me.

The Drouin trade is only a stupid trade if you think Sergachev is a for sure Norris trophy winner and Drouin is just a top 6 winger. Somehow I think the truth lies in the middle the the value gap between these two is very small. The Alzner signing and Beaulieu trade (while protecting Benn) are the moves that I question.

Reactions: SlyIslands

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
The Drouin trade is only a stupid trade if you think Sergachev is a for sure Norris trophy winner and Drouin is just a top 6 winger. Somehow I think the truth lies in the middle the the value gap between these two is very small. The Alzner signing and Beaulieu trade (while protecting Benn) are the moves that I question.

I just think we overpaid. Based on future hope mind you. Drouin is looking lazy and not providing the offense most of us probably expected.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I just think we overpaid. Based on future hope mind you. Drouin is looking lazy and not providing the offense most of us probably expected.

He's playing on one of the worst offensive habs teams ever. hard to judge IMO. I remember Kovalev looked very meh until he was on solid teams. If he looks like this on a better team then it's time to panic.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Trading Max for OEL would just turn the Habs into the 2007-08 version: almost automatic on the PP but garbage 5 on 5. They’d have a good regular season in 2018-19 but get creamed in the playoffs.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Habs play-by-play radio broadcaster, Martin McGuire, with his take on what he's seen and heard this past week-end, during a segment on CKOI:

Sur les ondes de CKOI ce matin, Martin McGuire, descripteur des matchs du Canadien à la radio, a parlé de ce qu'il a vu et entendu en fin-de-semaine sur des joueurs qui pourraient changer d'équipes alors que des rumeurs d'échanges planent entre les murs du Centre Bell.

On sait que Marc Bergevin est activement à la recherche soit d'un joueur de centre ou encore d'un défenseur: «Il y a trois équipes qui ont envoyé chacun deux représentants pour les deux matchs de la fin-de-semaine...les Blue Jackets de Columbus, les Flames de Calgary et les Coyotes de l'Arizona» a avoué McGuire qui du haut de la galerie de Presse peut remarquer bien des vas et viens au Centre Bell. «Les Flames de Calgary est probablement l'équipe qui envoie le plus de monde aux matchs du Canadien...du côté des Blues Jackets on sait que le défenseur [Jack] Johnson est disponible...Dans le cas de l'Arizona, c'est Oliver Ekman-Larsson qui est le marché...ça pourrait être le défenseur gaucher pour jouer avec Shea Weber» a analysé McGuire.

Puis, le descripteur a aussi dévoilé qu'un ancien premier choix du CH en 2007 (12e au total) pourrait renouer avec l'équipe qui l'a repêché et des rumeurs disent que Max Pacioretty pourrait être séduisant en retour. «Les Rangers seraient disposés à écouter des offres pour Ryan McDonagh» a dit McGuire qui dit sentir que Marc Bergevin est en train de «faire bouger le marché».

RadioEGO.com - Pacioretty contre Ryan McDonagh? Martin Mcguire parle du «magasinage» récent du CH

TRANSLATION: We know that Bergevin is actively seeking to add either a center or a defenceman: "There are 3 teams that have each dispatched two representatives for the Habs's two games this past week-end: the Jackets, Flames and Coyotes" says McGuire. "The Flames are probably the team that sends the most reps at Hab games. We know that Jack Johnson is available from the Jackets. In respect of Arizona, Oliver Ekman-Larsson is on the market and could be the left defenceman that fits with Shea Weber", says McGuire.

He also added that a Habs ex-first-rounder in 2007 (12th overall) could return with the team that drafted him and rumor has it that Max Pacioretty could be attractive in a trade. "The Rangers are open to listen to offers for Ryan McDonagh" says Mcguire who has the impression that Marc Bergevin is in the process of "causing the market to shift".
Yes great will take OEL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think Drouin is a solid piece we can have and add pieces around him. Yeah, we traded a very good young defenseman but we got a young offensive talent as well. Problem is we need to add, not add by subtraction.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Any Pacioretty deal has to bring back at least the start of a solution for our C problems, i.e a legit top 6 center prospect. Anything short of that and we've wasted the opportunity, yet again. A McDonagh return would have me throwing stuff at my TV screen in rage. I'd rather wait and test the market for Max Pac again next year if that's the case.

Bergevin had an opportunity with Sergachev, to get a top 6 center, and he failed to deliver (Drouin will still be a nice top 6 player, but he's not the center we needed)

He still has an opportunity now with Pacioretty...

Sooooooooooooooo he'll probably get a RHD !

Reactions: Runner77

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Agreed. I hope this McGuire guy is dead wrong.

He's quoting rumors but appears to be relying too heavily on which teams are dispatching the most scouts as the basis of his "analysis". Scouting attendance is routinely published online, you don't need to be broadcasting at a Habs game to know that. Plus, we've seen all too often how scouting attendance is not necessarily indicative of a likely deal -- most if not all of Bergevin's trades have not been predictable.

He's quoting rumors for which he's not providing sources. He didn't have to name his sources but could have added how he got the info, like you see Friedman or LeBrun do, when they attribute information to unnamed scouts or GMs they have spoken to.

What would you think of a MaxPac for OEL deal?

Like McDonagh, OEL would be great if we had a competitive team.

We really are not there IMO...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If MB trades Patches for McDo we are sunk.

Then Chucky for some half ass Centre and MB thinks we are back in business.

Could we make the post season next year ? Yes. We would also get bounced out pretty quick. And if we sign McDo long term we will have huge money in aging players.

If the Rangers want Patches so bad and think he can be part of their future, and they like Shaw , then they can have them for Chytil, their 1st and Skjei.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Could we make the post season next year ? Yes. We would also get bounced out pretty quick. And if we sign McDo long term we will have huge money in aging players.

If the Rangers want Patches so bad and think he can be part of their future, and they like Shaw , then they can have them for Chytil, their 1st and Skjei.

If the Rangers trade McDonagh, Skjei will be a mainstay there.

To me, there's just no way he's traded.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Of course, this is not how the Rangers operate. They dispatch aging assets and want futures and that is their stated objective. We need to pull a reverse-Gomez, we're the ones who should be selling assets that bring in those younger talented players at key positions of need. I'd be very surprised if they'd be willing to part with any of the three assets you mention. I really don't see the Rangers as a match but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: WinterLion

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Of course, this is not how the Rangers operate. They dispatch aging assets and want futures and that is their stated objective. We need to pull a reverse-Gomez, we're the ones who should be selling assets that bring in those younger talented players at the key positions of need. I'd be very surprised if they'd be willing to part with any of the three assets you mention. I really don't see the Rangers as a match but stranger things have happened.

Last year they traded a 2C in Stepan to get a 7th overall and picked a CENTRE. Called forward thinking.

Not so funny is our organization has made so many bad moves we can refer to repeats.

Did not select Dennis Savard at the draft. BAD.

Traded Chris Chelios for aging Savard. BAD.

Gave away McDo. BAD.

IF we trade Patches for McDo. BAD.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
52% on faceoffs...

Yes, but can he play defense? LOL.

If he is a centre then Gallagher for him straight up. They can use some jam plus Gally can score.

Would love Hanifin. Chucky , Gallagher plus X for Hanifin and Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad