Will the defense be better this year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
This...

pilon.jpg

Is an improvement over...

This.

Tinordi..jpg

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Should be, it was pretty paperclip last year, Murphy only played 46/82 games. Tinordi should have been waiver fodder but played 52/82 games. Zaitsev was a 6/7 and also spent half the year injured. Megna was a waiver pickup which is appropriate as he was a desperation claim and was needed 44/82 games. Korchinski was badly overwhelmed teenager that was called on for 76/82 games. Jones was out 15 games. Kaiser looked like an AHL player the first half of the season then went down and when he came back at the end looked a bit better. Phillips, Crevier, Roos, Del Mastro were AHL DMen that combined for 63 games played.

Basically with pretty ordinary injury luck, it should be better by default more or less.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
When I knew Tinordi, Megna and Zaitsev would not be coming back - I thought addition by subtraction would result in a better d-corps. However, then "over-the-hiller's" Martinez and Brodie were signed and my hopeful expectations became a little less hopeful. Considering Murphy missed a lot of time last season so getting him back to go along with Martinez and Brodie - it begs the question - are Murphy, Martinez and Brodie really all that much better than Tinordi, Megna and Zaitsev? After watching Murphy, Martinez and Brodie play in one or two preseason games each - My hope meter is flagging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad