HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Based on the perception that Zegras is not a player his own GM likes I get the feeling that alot of GM's are not too keen on grabbing a player who seems to be one dimensional. Why would a two time 60 point scorer not be wanted by his team?
Just as Sennecke was preferred over Demigod by little ball of hate - Zegras isn’t a Verbeek type of smash mouth player

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just heard Pagnotta say that the Oilers are not done and are looking for a 4-5D.

I think David Savard could be a good option for them.
Taking back Ceci might not be a condition but could provide enough motivation for the Oilers to part with Holloway.
David Savard at 50% vs Ceci saves them 1.5M under the cap and they are currently 350K over, with only 21 players on the roster.
I think the Oilers can be patient. Broberg looked pretty good when called upon in the playoffs.

Also don’t think they give up on Holloway. He’ll have a bigger role with McLeod gone now. He’s another that looked good on their run.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I would look into signing Boris Katchouk, decent size might not have much upside other than 4th liner but he is represented by Octagon which also represents Rantanen, Draisaitl and Laine…
No need to go for Katchouk. Poulin should be the target.

I'll hammer this forever. Big, jam, skills, Québécois, cheap, Mike Sullivan doesn,t like him much... Like there's no downsides.

larryb

Aug 19, 2022
Matheson at 50% retained
Primeau
3rd round pick in 2026

To Nashville for
askaov
Kemell

We get our goalie of the future and a right wing ready to contribute to the top 9 - maybe top 6

Strubel
2nd and 3rd picks in 2025 draft

To Edmonton
For Dylan Holloway

• Haha
Reactions: GoodKiwi and rahad

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Matheson at 50% retained
Primeau
3rd round pick in 2026

To Nashville for
askaov
Kemell

We get our goalie of the future and a right wing ready to contribute to the top 9 - maybe top 6

Strubel

To Edmonton
For Dylan Holloway
Brutal for NSH and EDM

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Matheson at 50% retained
Primeau
3rd round pick in 2026

To Nashville for
askaov
Kemell

Strubel

To Edmonton
For Dylan Holloway
After watching the Oilers most of the playoffs i don't really know what all the fuss is about with Holloway . I like Foegele alot more even though he's older

Sunfyre

Aug 16, 2023
Matheson at 50% retained
Primeau
3rd round pick in 2026

To Nashville for
askaov
Kemell

Strubel

To Edmonton
For Dylan Hollow
Why is Nashville doing this? They have Josi and Skjei on LD. Do you pay any attention to the rosters and needs of other teams?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I sure would jump at the opportunity to add Mercer, if the negociations for his new deal turn ugly and he wants out of New Jersey. He'd fit in well in our top 9.
I like the player and his intensity. Not sure if he is a good fit tho because he is smallish and a bit weak.

Is he better than Demidov, Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Dach, Newhook? Then Roy, Hage?

I think he would be at best our 4th-6th best forward and i am not sure he is the type of player we should invest in to fill that role.

KH seems done
we see I guess
No problem.

We are in the driver seat. we have pretty much every pieces in place and its a matter of time before they are established. We still have 2x 1st and 2x 2nd and a boatload of cap space.

There is no rush, especially for player like Necas and Zegras.

Hughes can afford to deal in his own parameter.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I like the player and his intensity. Not sure if he is a good fit tho because he is smallish and a bit weak.

Is he better than Demidov, Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Dach, Newhook? Then Roy, Hage?

I think he would be at best our 4th-6th best forward and i am not sure he is the type of player we should invest in to fill that role.
I think he could be a solid top 6 winger for us, if we could get him back to the 50 points level. He's also solid on the PK, he plays a pretty well rounded game, he'd complement a guy like Dach real well.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Matheson at 50% retained
Primeau
3rd round pick in 2026

To Nashville for
askaov
Kemell

Strubel

To Edmonton
For Dylan Holloway
That is horrible for the Preds, I would do this 20 times out of 10. Add in a first and I probably still do it. Don't want Holloway certainly not for a 2nd and strudel

Reactions: Saxon

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
That is horrible for the Preds, I would do this 20 times out of 10. Add in a first and I probably still do it. Don't want Holloway certainly not for a 2nd and strudel

images.jpeg

A man of culture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad