Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins are weak on the wing ,there is no getting away from that entering camp.They need one of those kids to step up..
Not sure how Lysell struggles though

He’s a playmaker on the wing who’s very creative and skilled

99 % of Bruins followers have not seen him and jumping on opinions

maybe he does pull the wings off of flies and not return his shopping cart to designated areas but on the ice he’s making positive shit happen

I’ll be very surprised if he fails

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

maybe he does pull the wings off of flies and not return his shopping cart to designated areas but on the ice he’s making positive shit happen

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

This year though, Dan?

I'm as high on Lysell as anyone. But he's one year behind where I thought his breakout year in the AHL would be.

I hope this is the season he breaks into the NHL as a contributor. But I'm not sure he's ready to count on in such a critical role as of right now

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This year though, Dan?

I'm as high on Lysell as anyone. But he's one year behind where I thought his breakout year in the AHL would be.

I hope this is the season he breaks into the NHL as a contributor. But I'm not sure he's ready to count on in such a critical role as of right now
He’s so talented he should be able to put up DeBrusk points

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This year though, Dan?

Just weird to say he’s a year behind. He turned 21 halfway through the season. Hes outperformed virtually everyone his age in the AHL.

Only 3 guys drafted after him have played a half a season in the NHL. Hes on schedule.

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
He’s so talented he should be able to put up DeBrusk points
Doesn't even really need to. He fixes two giant problems the Bruins had last season - transition through the neutral zone and offensive zone entries. Hell, he could do that shit in the SHL when he was 17.

As long as he isn't turning the puck over at the blue line like a jackass, he's good to go in my view.
Just weird to say he’s a year behind. He turned 21 halfway through the season. Hes outperformed virtually everyone his age in the AHL.

Only 3 guys drafted after him have played a half a season in the NHL. Hes on schedule.
Do you remember the western Canada poster who told us Lysell actually sucks, but if we want to see a real prospect on the Giants, check out Justin Sourdiff?

This place, I swear.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Doesn't even really need to. He fixes two giant problems the Bruins had last season - transition through the neutral zone and offensive zone entries. Hell, he could do that shit in the SHL when he was 17.

As long as he isn't turning the puck over at the blue line like a jackass, he's good to go in my view.

Do you remember the western Canada poster who told us Lysell actually sucks, but if we want to see a real prospect on the Giants, check out Justin Sourdiff?

This place, I swear.
I do. I also remember the poster who wants to trade him for Tyler Boucher.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

Only 11 players from the 2021 draft are 'established' NHL players, (more than 14 points or 37 NHL games). So I'm not really sure where people think he should be right now. Maybe expectations are off because he started in the AHL a year early.

Mr. Make-Believe

I said he's a year behind where I thought he would be. Not a year behind.

Furthermore: I'm not one of the ones predicting he comes in and threatens 20 goals in a second line role this year. It's not MY expectations that are out of f***ing whack. I'm the one stressing patience and "wait until he proves he's better than the AHL".

Christ f***ing almighty.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

Only 11 players from the 2021 draft are 'established' NHL players, (more than 14 points or 37 NHL games). So I'm not really sure where people think he should be right now. Maybe expectations are off because he started in the AHL a year early.
That's part of it.

I thought we'd see a big jump from year one in the AHL to year two. I think we likely saw some improvement. But not where I had him predicted.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I think that DeBrusk, Ullmark, Wotherspoon for Lindholm, Korpisalo, Zadorov is at least a push in the regular season and an upgrade come playoffs when you take the goalies out of it.

But what will decide the season is Poitras, Lysell, Lorhei vs Heinen, JVR, Gryz. And for that…who knows.
Well I have a lot more confidence in Poitras and Lorhei being upgrades over Heinen and Grizz. The JVR/Lysell I am not to sure about but think Brazeau may be as productive as JVR was. If not they can make a deal st the deadline to upgrade the JVR spot.

Don't forget the upgrade in Kastelic over Brown/Lucic/Boqvist. They should have a stable fourth line with Beecher/Kastelic/Jones for most of the season

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
That's part of it.

I thought we'd see a big jump from year one in the AHL to year two. I think we likely saw some improvement. But not where I had him predicted.
I forget when he got his bell rung, and I can't remember if it happened twice. I'll still point at injuries sustained by AHL goonery.

Don't think he actually got hurt last season when that dude jumped him, but if someone disproves the above, I'll shift my goalposts and pretend he did.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
This year though, Dan?

I am more on the negative side of Lysell, now I was not always of that opinion of him I, truly thought we had something with him, and your time of him being a year behind might be true, but I say give this kid a legit look and see if he can help this team this year, if he can great if not time to move on and have another plan.

I'm putting all my chips in on Poitras and I don't even gamble.
I would put my chips on Poitras also, but to be honest I, am not sure about him at this time also.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Ya I guess I’m just nervous come playoff time. I don’t think we did much to answer the issue of getting pinned in our own end for what felt like ages at a time.
Have faith despite being outplayed by panthers
Had there been interference on coyle in game 4 the series goes 7 and who knows what wouldve happen. Bruins are close

Reactions: BBruins

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Well I have a lot more confidence in Poitras and Lorhei being upgrades over Heinen and Grizz. The JVR/Lysell I am not to sure about but think Brazeau may be as productive as JVR was. If not they can make a deal st the deadline to upgrade the JVR spot.

Don't forget the upgrade in Kastelic over Brown/Lucic/Boqvist. They should have a stable fourth line with Beecher/Kastelic/Jones for most of the season

I don’t disagree, although Heinen obviously had a good regular season no matter folks opinions on his first time thru the Boston organization. JVR was pretty cooked in the second half, so optimistic there, too. But still a little scared there isn’t enough speed/skill in the forward group to get it into the offensive zone for the big guys to get to work. You saw it in the Florida series when they did get possession in deep how good they were, but too often they had to dump and chase and not get to the puck fast enough, which is just a glorified turnover. Really hopeful that Lysell can bring some more ability to carry the puck into the offensive zone with control, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad