HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Here's the post you made
"Look at the date"

*date is before the player has a career year which proves that I'm not fabricating anything regarding interest"

"Nuh uh, I never said that I would pay him that much, I would have been okay with minimum league salary".

So turning down a top 6 player who you yourself said you'd have interest in and would be part of our right age range because of the seemingly minimal cap hit difference is something you would have done....but not something you'd do now.

It's okay to admit you're wrong, we've all done it. This inability to accept it and instead grasp at straws while posting GIFs nonstop as part of your argument is horrendously cringe.

Reactions: Andrei79 and mdk

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
"Look at the date"

*date is before the player has a career year which proves that I'm not fabricating anything regarding interest"

"Nuh uh, I never said that I would pay him that much, I would have been okay with minimum league salary".
You ARE fabricated because you claimed that I wanted to pay P-L Dubois 8M a year, despite nowhere in the post you quoted, saying that.

It's a total fabrication

This post

Does not = I want to pay P-L Dubois 8M/yr, in fact it doesn't even remotely refer to anything relating to value of contract, only cost of acquisition.

You're playing yourself man lol
So turning down a top 6 player who you yourself said you'd have interest in and would be part of our right age range because of the seemingly minimal cap hit difference is something you would have done....but not something you'd do now.
At the time that I made that post, P-L Dubois had 2 years left on his previous contract that paid him 6M/yr (IIRC).

Any new perspective extension and subsequent contract would be based on his performance once acquired.

Are you OK?? lol
It's okay to admit you're wrong, we've all done it. This inability to accept it and instead grasp at straws while posting GIFs nonstop as part of your argument is horrendously cringe.
It sure is...and it's also OK to admit you're full of shit and you've exposed yourself with barely any effort from my part lol

But this is all lolz for me.

I'm just holding up the mirror, don't be mad at me cause you don't like the reflection.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
WHAT? LOL

You claimed that I was willing to pay P-L Dubois 8M a year...

And as proof of this, you found a post where I said I would be willing to trade a 1st round pick but not much more, to acquire him.

What are you talking about lol:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Bringing up the date argument completely blew up in your face, that was embarrassing. You said that before his career year which means if anything, your opinion should be amplified in terms of wanting PLD.

The contract he got shouldn't have been a jaw dropping surprise, especially since PLD at the time had 3 60 point seasons while Necas had one (and one on pace). And by your own criteria of Necas, not willing to give him the extra 500k shouldn't make or break this, then the exact same should be said for PLD who got 1 million more than the projected range.

It sure is
Yeah you should try it for once instead of posting GIFs nonstop

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bringing up the date argument completely blew up in your face, that was embarrassing. You said that before his career year which means if anything, your opinion should be amplified in terms of wanting PLD.
Bringing up the date, that was clear for anyone to see blew up in my face?

Nah, you're on bathsalts...i'm convinced.
The contract he got shouldn't have been a jaw dropping surprise, especially since PLD at the time had 3 60 point seasons while Necas had one (and one on pace). And by your own criteria of Necas, not willing to give him the extra 500k shouldn't make or break this, then the exact same should be said for PLD who got 1 million more than the projected range.
At the time I made that post, P-L Dubois was making 6M a year...the Habs didn't HAVE to give him an extension when they would have acquired him then.

So this idea that I would have been willing to pay him 8M/yr, when they didn't even have too, before he even showed anything in a Habs jersey is just the bathsalts kicking in and stroking your imagination.

It allows you to stand behind YOUR ridiculous claim you made about me, completely umprompted, which I've already showed to be completely false.

Instead of just dropping it or just moving on, you've decided to double down on this wild bathsalt induced fantasy of yours.

I got time man lol

1717111487105.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Real talk though...I don't even know why you're talking about P-L Dubois. It's got nothing to do with anything.

Yes, I would be willing to give up multiple assets and give a contract to Martin Necas up to 8M/yr if that's what it took with zero hesitation.

This was not and has never been the case with Dubois and no matter how you try to twist and manipulate old posts high off bathsalts to convince yourself that I did, it doesn't make it so.

Happy to continue this discussion we're having about Necas...but if you wanna talk Dubois, I suggest you take another hit and go talk to yourself in the mirror.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bringing up the date, that was clear for anyone to see blew up in my face?

Nah, you're on bathsalts...i'm convinced.
“Martin Necas should be acquired because he’s a top 6 player who fits in our age, I’m fine with overpaying by 500k if needed”.
“I wanted PLD before his career year because he’s a top 6 player who fits in our age, but didn’t want to give him the 8.5 he got which was like 1 million more than the expected raise he’d get from his previous contract”.

So a minimal overpay for Necas is okay but for PLD it’s not? Not even talking about trade value here, are you the one on bathsalts? Is there a GIF or emoji for that? Just pointing out the hypocrisy “big fella”, you could rationalize your thoughts more and point this out instead of resorting to being condescending and insulting like always.

Reactions: mdk

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
“Martin Necas should be acquired because he’s a top 6 player who fits in our age, I’m fine with overpaying by 500k if needed”.
“I wanted PLD before his career year because he’s a top 6 player who fits in our age, but didn’t want to give him the 8.5 he got which was like 1 million more than the expected raise he’d get from his previous contract”.

So a minimal overpay for Necas is okay but for PLD it’s not? Not even talking about trade value here, are you the one on bathsalts? Is there a GIF or emoji for that? Just pointing out the hypocrisy “big fella”, you could rationalize your thoughts more and point this out instead of resorting to being condescending and insulting like always.
Necas needs a new deal

Dubois DID not, any trade to acquire Dubois would have given the Habs time to evaluate what a proper salary rate would have been.

You're assuming that I think as highly of
Dubois as I do Necas, I don't.

Enough with the Dubois talk man…my god.

We’re talking about Necas, not a player who isn't even on the market, get off the pipe man.

My gosh

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not sure the results come with the Guhle+ for Tkachuk flip. Think about how we look in the playoffs with that young D and without Guhle over the next 4 years? If our D was more mature and all in their prime, it would be a good move IMO. If Tkachuk can't win with the Sens weak D and goaltending, it's not happening with us too. If Brady came with more term, it would fit more (more time for our D to mature). Good luck trying to convince him to stay and what kind of contract he would want.

I personally would not trade Matheson+ for Zadorov. We already have our Zadorov. Xhekaj and he might be better.

This Habs roster is going nowhere until our D is all mostly in their Prime. Not even Guhle is in his prime yet. It's a range from age 22/23 (Guhle and Xhekaj) to age 19 (Reinbacher) today. Results are not coming over the next 4 years. Moving up the standings yes but we have a lot more transition years to come. Tampa didn't do anything until Hedman/Stamkos were in their late 20's and Point/Sergachev were in their early 20's.

I'm always just shooting the shit on these things but I don't see having issue with having BOTH X-Man AND Zadorov in our line-up. And it's OK if we don't win everything with Tkachuk right away, the important thing is having him. Him and Zadorov could accelerate our process. But of course I want a Tkachuk extension.

What if he's at the root of all the tension?

Matheson + for Zadorov?

Man...I don't think I've seen a quality Dman as disrespected by his own fanbase as I see Matheson is on this forum.

A guy on a sweet contract coming off a 62pt season, and they have to add, in order to add a player whose a few weeks away from free agency and isn't even a top 4 Dman?

Wild stuff, all due respect.

I really like Matheson, actually(really more than others that are always on his case). But I like Zadorov a LOT.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I’m starting to enter the Necas bandwagon

He could be a good fit with Slaf and Suzuki helping the zone entry and I can see a fit between Dach and Suzuki + Lindstrom/Iginla in a couple of years.

Reactions: bcv

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Nah, i'm outta here :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is nasty, nasty work...played yourself again.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Nope - his analysis is based on the NHL
see article here

Completely agree - it's just a guideline and not dependent on actual prospects available. But it is a good reference when people create trade proposals only involving picks
One thing to note with NFL draft is that players are "typically" ranked with more weight added to primary positions like QB. Then there is the massive need to build both Dline and Oline as basically to seperate teams within the same organization... throw in that "rookies" can be a 21yo 4th year ncaa player ready to go into the lineup with immediate effect, and the term "BPA" loses its luster as it can mean different things for differ org needs..

Nhl puts a slight premium on C but otherwise everyone drafts on potential 3 years out.. thats why "BPA" tends to be gameplan after the top 10.

Reactions: mdk

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
get off the pipe man.
It's pretty disgusting how condescending you're being with personal attacks by claiming that I'm a bathsalt addict or whatnot because you're not explaining the difference in the scenarios I posted. It's gross that you keep continuing this but hey, do what you want.

Your new deal argument makes no sense. Did you want PLD just as a rental/2 year thing? Of course PLD needed a new deal shortly, that's a major factor to take into account. And with a career year, you should want him even moreso the next year. You even acknowledged how his age would fit with us, why would the age matter if you were strictly wanting him for something short term?

I'm trying to understand what this threshold is to give in and overpay a secondary guy like Necas but not a secondary guy like PLD? Sure, you can like Necas more but neither player are likely to be top end players on cup contenders and they are definitely closer in player tiers than they are far apart. But how do you say "I'm okay with 500k extra" for a Necas but refusing to do something similar for PLD's future deal.

Are you going to call me a crackhead now or actually acknowledge this?

Reactions: Andrei79

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Who is suggesting to pay Necas more than Suzuki?

There’s a lot of posters pulling random numbers out of their asses. $7-7.5m has been talked about before. Now all of a sudden it’s become $8.5-9m
Well then, I wonder exactly which players and posters were being mentioned in the post I was responding too. I just chose 4 of the more common names I see in the trade thread to make an example of tradeable players that could be added to the Habs that shouldn't get a higher salary than Suzuki from us.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
During a recent interview on 98.5 FM with Mario Langlois, Stéphane Waite launched a controversial offer to acquire Martin Necas. He indicated he would be willing to offer the Winnipeg Jets' first-round pick (26th pick overall) as well as one of three defensemen: Lane Hutson, David Reinbacher or Logan Mailloux.
That is wildly controversial considering he's clearly intimating that Mailloux has the same value as Hutson, let alone Reinbacher. I'd squirm really hard on the Hutson add and say no firmly to the Reinbacher add.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Nah, i'm outta here :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is nasty, nasty work...played yourself again.
Did you pick the wrong post? I was talking about contract structure in regard to a hypothetical lineup. HF Habs: - 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

Not sure what the "nasty nasty work" was when my post was discussing how having 58 million for 7 forwards isn't wise.

Reactions: mdk and Andrei79

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's pretty disgusting how condescending you're being with personal attacks by claiming that I'm a bathsalt addict or whatnot because you're not explaining the difference in the scenarios I posted. It's gross that you keep continuing this but hey, do what you want.
Oh this is rich...YOU came with the condescending post, you're just mad you got played.

Don't give me that, you want to shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Don't play the poor victim now. I match energy.
Your new deal argument makes no sense. Did you want PLD just as a rental/2 year thing? Of course PLD needed a new deal shortly, that's a major factor to take into account. And with a career year, you should want him even moreso the next year. You even acknowledged how his age would fit with us, why would the age matter if you were strictly wanting him for something short term?
I never talked about what I would have paid him in any new perspective deal, only YOU did that.

All I talked about was the cost of acquisition.

But again I ask.

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MARTIN NECAS?
I'm trying to understand what this threshold is to give in and overpay a secondary guy like Necas but not a secondary guy like PLD? Sure, you can like Necas more but neither player are likely to be top end players on cup contenders and they are definitely closer in player tiers than they are far apart. But how do you say "I'm okay with 500k extra" for a Necas but refusing to do something similar for PLD's future deal.
It ain't hard to figure out and I've explained it several times, it's not my fault you can't get off the Dubois pack.

I like Martin Necas a lot more than I ever did P-L Dubois, I was never all that interested in acquiring Dubois and I have SEVERAL posts I've made that support this.

Are you going to call me a crackhead now or actually acknowledge this?
You claimed that I would have paid 8M/yr to Dubois, then found some old posts of mine which don't actually say that, but you used to twist and interpret it the way you wanted it to be, when in reality, the only person between you and I who put the words 8M/yr and Dubois together, was YOU.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No doubt. Hughes probably has his fingers in a lot of options. Our offer is going to be a quantity offer though.

Canes need serious work on their back end in the next two off seasons. Jets 1st, Barron, and maybe the Avs 2nd? Do we go deeper than this?

Canes also need improvements at center after Aho. Staal is aging. Would they target one of Beck or Kapanen?
With Kapanen being a potential 3rd line center, I wouldn’t be against trading Beck in a package for a legit top 6 winger.

Beck + Jets 1st + Barron?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Did you pick the wrong post?I was talking about contract structure in regard to a hypothetical lineup. HF Habs: - 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

Not sure what the "nasty nasty work" was when my post was discussing how having 58 million for 7 forwards isn't wise.
YES YOU did...I have never and you will never find any of my posts suggesting what I would have paid Dubois, yet YOU came out with your condescending tone calling me out.

And now your mad cause I found posts from you saying you would pay him 8M/yr?

This just gets better and better.

Just take my advice my man...move on from Dubois discussion, focus back on Necas.

I've tried to help you along this journey, but you refuse my help and then accuse me of being mean spirited.

SMDH.

No offense but I call complete bullshit that you wouldn't have given him that. He was a second liner and it falls exactly in line with the criteria that you're setting for Necas. He was a flawed player, the Habs cap situation wouldn't be problematic for a young former 3rd OA, and missing out over like 750k wouldn't be worth it.

2 years ago you were twerking for P-L Dubois and you have the nerve to post that?

Again, I suggest you just focus on Necas...I'm NOT the one lol

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Id rather target Perfetti if we are going for a soft winger. At least his offensive potential is higher and might come cheaper since he has yet to prove it. And we could sign him cheap long term (like 8x6m)

Reactions: Kosseca

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Some need to understand too that the 7.8m AAV contract Suzuki sign in 2021 doesn’t have the same value then a 7.8m AAV today with the salary cap upgrade. The 9,66% of the cap is a more important data
I don't know how many times I've brought this up. It's kind of relevant.

Expecting players to negotiate their contracts based Nick Suzuki's deal that was negotiated during a flat cap, when the cap is growing, is just not realistic.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh this is rich...YOU came with the condescending post, you're just mad you got played.
Yeah man I'm absolutely fuming proving you're contradictions lol. Which is why I resorted to saying you are hooked on bathsalts nonstop and posting GIFs and emojis nonstop. Oh wait that is what you did when you "played" me with that. That post you found has me saying "PLD will COMMAND AROUND 8 million at this rate" in regards to a potential lineup? Where exactly am I twerking here? Jesus dude this is beyond pathetic. You could probably find posts of me actually wanting PLD too, but up to a certain extent in terms of contract and assets like Necas. The one you picked was a massive swing and a miss.

Here's my GIF by taking your advice in regards to your awful attempt.
giphy.gif

Anyways, this has gotten well off topic. I'd like Necas but up to a certain extent in terms of cap hit. Got nothing else to say on the matter.

Reactions: mdk and Andrei79

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't know how many times I've brought this up. It's kind of relevant.

Expecting players to negotiate their contracts based Nick Suzuki's deal that was negotiated during a flat cap, when the cap is growing, is just not realistic.
You can’t bring Necas in and give him more than Suzuki.

I don’t think that’s logic at all.

I think 7,5M$ per is the max I’d go for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad